List Mgmt. Do we need another mature age ruckman?

Do we recruit a ruckman for 2021?

• Yes

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • No

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Unsure

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s only a few less spots on the list but with potential retirements over the season or two it might be worth the risk to get some time into young kids..?

If there is a reserve season the mids are probably Dow/Stack. Rcd. Ross.

Caddy is a good back up wing option.

Aarts. New Rioli forward. Naish. Cumberland. Martyn...

Sam Ryan might turn out to be an inspired selection. They obviously got a good look at him up in Qld this year so they must rate him. At 20 and playing against men for the last two seasons he looks ready to fill in if needed and will hopefully develop over the next couple of years. Will be a fascinating watch.

did you guys not hear leper say the ruckman is the most overrated role in the game?;)

I agree with him.

Nank is valuable because of all the other work he does - clearances, crashing packs, occasionally murdering some poor, defenceless midfielder.

Provided he breaks even in the ruck (or at least nullifies the effectiveness of the opposition ruck) - he's fine.

I think our main priority is to retain the current playing list.
Recruiting young ruckman I reckon is a strategy to save on the salary cap.
We don't have to pay them much unless they play games
Then in a few years you'd hopefully have at least one quality ruckman and two more with trade value.

Sam Ryan might turn out to be an inspired selection. They obviously got a good look at him up in Qld this year so they must rate him. At 20 and playing against men for the last two seasons he looks ready to fill in if needed and will hopefully develop over the next couple of years. Will be a fascinating watch.
Spot on

Nank was huge in the GF, really stood up when it mattered. I’m not talking about his ruck work, I’m talking about his influence around the ground. Beast is an understatement. great spoils and marks in the nick of time.
We've been spoilt by huge performances from individuals in grand finals the last couple of years. Pickett with the spin move on debut for goodness sakes!!! Still can't get over that. Can't wait to see if we can get it done three in a row. I love this team so much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon we need someone because with Soldo gone it could be a very long year and we can't expect Dusty to win us every game

Now that the dust has settled , the Ryan pick up looks pretty good. No harm in reinforcing the ruck division.

Seems to be ok depth in other areas - Caddy, Aarts, Chol and the kids.

The investment the club has made into the next draft sounds promising.

Now that the dust has settled , the Ryan pick up looks pretty good. No harm in reinforcing the ruck division.

Seems to be ok depth in other areas - Caddy, Aarts, Chol and the kids.

The investment the club has made into the next draft sounds promising.

Happy with that even if Ryan is a kid the backup is there his got a mature body played senior's.

Back