Opinion Do we need Director of Coaching

Remove this Banner Ad

They got this review of the club going on with an external party. His investigations and review will come back and reveal Bucks is the right person for the job.
Collingwood will announce it at the end of the season.
They will cite the fact that the review was done by an external party and they clarified what the Collingwood Football club thought - Bucks is heading in the right direction.
This is all a part of the plan.

Walsh DOC and bring in Brian Cook.

Leaving Cats, not retiring and not interested in an AFL role. Hopefully we are into him.
What's the mail on him leaving Cats? I thought he committed to see through the next stage of the ground development.

What's the mail on him leaving Cats? I thought he committed to see through the next stage of the ground development.

I think it was on 3aw (may have been SEN), was taking kids to activities so hope i have this right - he stated he was leaving. Was asked if he was retiring but said no just leaving Geelong.

Asked if he was looking at an AFL position and he said no. Not sure if the interview is somewhere on the 3aw podcast.

Edit- not much media on this afterthe interview so either well known or with kids in the back may have got it wrong.

Whether it be a 'Director of Coaching', or just a senior assistant, I think we clearly need someone with experience from other clubs.

Our coaching panel looks very stale in my opinion. Harvey has been there forever, while Buckley, Lockyer and Rocca have been at Collingwood forever. Burns has had some outside experience, but again is part of the ex-Collingwood brigade. Sanderson is obviously quite senior, but is also a close friend of Buckley, and was out of the game for a brief period. The game moves on quickly, and any time out of the game is costly.

I'd like someone from a top 8 side with inside information and new ideas. Whether the current coaching panel is willing to listen to those ideas is a different question

Buck probably needed a DoC the first 2-3 years but Malthouse deserted the club despite a very lucrative contract.
No point now, Bucks is just starting to come into his own.
LOL's at idiots still suggesting cast offs like Lyon and Scott et al.

How are Scott or Lyon (coaches who have actually built their own teams and made prelims or GFs) more stupid suggestions than another 2-3 years of Buckley? (A coach whose only achievement is taking top teams backwards)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back