List Mgmt. Do we need to miss the finals to get an actual look at where we are?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
I'd say there's still a chance for form reversal, but it'll need to come from somewhere deep down that hasn't been seen in a while.

The minute we get belief (which is looking unlikely from here) it'll catch like wildfire and potentially take us to a GF.
This time last year we were in a similar position and won 3 games v very good opposition, 2 away as well... Nothing is impossible but we are leaving it late and starting to have to rely on other teams stuffing up too... plus we look worse than last year

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

CM9000

BigFooty Optimist
Aug 19, 2016
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
We had belief, in the Geelong game, it went away again.

And I'm hoping we can find it again.

Not the same.

Do you really think a Dangerfield-less Geelong would be where they are now?

What makes you say that? There looked to be a fair amount of belief in the Geelong game and Bulldogs game but what happened after that?

The MC with 4 unneeded changes.

This time last year we were in a similar position and won 3 games v very good opposition, 2 away as well... Nothing is impossible but we are leaving it late and starting to have to rely on other teams stuffing up too... plus we look worse than last year

I think we'll click somewhere down the line, but it has to begin with the MC facing some hard truths.

langdon19

Club Legend
Dec 2, 2008
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I would honestly consider trading NicNat. Sick and tired of our whole existence being built around him. All you hear is "when Nics back we'll be better" honestly he is great but no other team in the league relies on 1 guy as much. It is very worrying.

Obviously they wont but we could probably get decent player and a rd1 pick for him and when u get rid of 5-7 others go 4 the rebuild.

Agree, the fanclub will be out to bash you around the ears though.
Sick of seeing him on tv, reminds me of Des Hedland. Get on the field NN.

Agree, the fanclub will be out to bash you around the ears though.
Sick of seeing him on tv, reminds me of Des Hedland. Get on the field NN.
Yeah how dare he stay off the field with that pesky knee injury

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm probably in the minority who thought Simmo was right in doing whatever he could to stay in touch with the top teams while this season was wide open, even if I didnt agree with all of the MCs selections.

But he looked a man beaten yesterday, as if the sobering reality that we've been speculating 'round these parts finally sunk in. And he wasn't wrong to try and play his best 22 mixed with youth and experience as that win was ours if we wanted it, but the blokes out there caved again. And now it seems Simmo has possibly clued on we are a bit out of the running after the weekend's results and the form and fadeouts can't be patched over or ignored.

In the long run we are better off not making up numbers in the 8. Once the season is out of reach we should explore things a bit more. Move players around, bring in some youth, have some difficult conversations with the vets.

One big bonus I'll take from the weekend is Mitchell got to sit in that box and watch us fold. He comes from a win at all costs culture and still has the taste of recent success in his mouth. I hope he pots the soft players and brings some campaigner into the side to turn these boys into warriors.

BIRDBRAIN

Premiership Player
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
It's clear to me that the players do have belief. The trouble is they believe they are s**t and can't run out games, so that's what we get.

BartBart

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 30, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I assume we have signed up Simpson to a 5 year contract extension on the back of the performances this year and our players being good citizens?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Xsess

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 22, 2007
On top of the world
AFL Club
West Coast
Get on the field NN.

At this point in time I wouldn't even be surprised if we rolled out NicNat in the last two or three games if it was statistically possible for us to fall into 8th spot. Obviously that would be an almost criminal folly, but it would be in keeping with our strategy this entire season - to hell with the future !

wotdoiput

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 24, 2007
Millicent, SA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, LA Clippers, Baltimore
Thinking again if we scrape into the finals or just miss out, I am concerned the MC will think that we were only Nick Nats absence away from being genuine contenders. When we as supporters know there are more problems.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back