Do we need to trade some current players to improve the list?

Remove this Banner Ad

Might have been the same s**t you're on pal

Remember that idiot cracking on about our board our president and Vice President

That guy was you wasn't it ?

Ok for your opinion but not others ?
I'm still not sure you've appropriately justified why Daicos, the Browns and Murphy are untouchables but we should trade out Phillips, Langdon and Thomas.

You still have not appropriately justified how you think any combination of Aish, Scharenberg or Broomhead will get a first round pick.

You still have not appropriately justified why we should clean out depth players on wholesale.

You still have not appropriately justified why we should make any significant list changes after coming within a goal of a premiership.

Maybe do those things and people will take you seriously.

I'm still not sure you've appropriately justified why Daicos, the Browns and Murphy are untouchables but we should trade out Phillips, Langdon and Thomas.

You still have not appropriately justified how you think any combination of Aish, Scharenberg or Broomhead will get a first round pick.

You still have not appropriately justified why we should clean out depth players on wholesale.

You still have not appropriately justified why we should make any significant list changes after coming within a goal of a premiership.

Maybe do those things and people will take you seriously.

Agree with all of that except for the description of Phillips, Langdon and Thomas as depth players - they're clear cut best 22, hopefully Aish will be included in this list before too long.

Agree with all of that except for the description of Phillips, Langdon and Thomas as depth players - they're clear cut best 22, hopefully Aish will be included in this list before too long.
I was referring to Aish/Shaz/Broomy with that comment.

Played on bigs last year

Round 1 carved up by silk a 90 year old man first 4 entries hitting up

Moved quickly off him

Looked like he a either not quick or has slow reflexes or is he just too loose or did he just have a shocker

Maybe re watch and see if my concerns have merit

So lets completely ignore the fact that the entire team played like shoit that 1st round, the midfield was non-existent, and focus on 1 individual. I already know your concerns don't have merit. Langdon is far from perfect (I'm yet to find the player who is) but he's quick and better than any of the potential replacements you're suggesting, especially given the elite traits that he already demonstrates. Can't think of a team in the league that wouldn't be able to find a spot for him in their 22. And he's yet to hit 25 so entering what should be his peak years.

I'm all for a discussion on potential list changes but you don't throw away what quality you have to groom long term replacements. We've had a number of years of high turnover and I think the 2018 draft/trade period signalled we're now at a point where we consolidate and give the youth time to emerge. There'll be enough obvious targets (retirement, trade or delist) without creatively hunting others.

Of your suggested targets:

Ed Richards (WB) - unlikely he'll ever leave the dogs and he's contracted till 2021.

Peter Wright (Suns) - I'll keep Cox who has much more impact, we got the Wright v DeGoey choice 100% right.

Hugh Greenwood (Crows) - will be 28 in 2020 and doesn't offer as much as any of our current experienced mids when playing midfield, or as much as the small-medium forward he'd replace if played forward. He currently offers more GPG (0.7 goals per game) on average than Pendles (0.6), Wells (0.6), Adams (0.4) and Sier (0.2), but they all get more of the footy and have significantly more impact. He's the type that you be happy to have got as a Cat B rookie, but not someone you'd chase other than as a DFA freeby purely as depth.

I think we also need to accept that for the most part, the days of dictating player movements are little more than a distant memory.

First Sydney and freo have no defensive depth
And freo are/ were trying to retain players , the brothers are close and they don't Wanta lose ed
Also a very very very small ( short) ground 10 meters each end as BT POINTED OUT
Less leading space

Even less when congestion applies as buddy is often isolated with 2 players in offensive spots him and defender

I think the Perth Stadium is bigger than the MCG and the SCG has been extended so the actual surface is only about 8m shorter (in total) than the G.

Last edited:
Hard to believe the whipping boy is suddenly after a few( very few)good games is now a dead set star

I'm not buying

Clarkson exploited him
Simple , obvious tactic IMO

He then constantly due to our injuries played on guys more to his capabilities , marking forwards

Might have been a new back line coach misjudging him

Hope I'm wrong
The season will show how the new rules will assist great leaders to the ball especially with that large open space between the square and the fifty

Ben brown
Garry rowen
Jordy

All should benefit as example

Hard to believe the whipping boy is suddenly after a few( very few)good games is now a dead set star

I'm not buying

Clarkson exploited him

He then constantly due to our injuries played on guys more to his capabilities , marking forwards

Hope I'm wrong
The season will show how the new rules will assist great leaders to the ball especially with that large open space between the square and the fifty

Ben brown
Garry rowen
Jordy

What are you talking about?

I'm not buying

Clarkson exploited him

Hope I'm wrong

Ben brown
Garry rowen
Jordy

Check my previous posting re: Langdon.

I don't really have a need for whipping boys, I rate players on what I see. I've always been a Langdon fan. You're just electing to highlight a few isolated examples from what to date has been a very impressive 80 game career as though they fully represent his case. They don't. It's like saying Pendles has poor evasive skills because he got tackled once.

What are you talking about?
Apparently Langdon is no good based on a game from 12 months ago in which the entire team played like garbage.

I’m not actually a Langdon fan, but the reasoning here is nonsense.

Apparently Langdon is no good based on a game from 12 months ago in which the entire team played like garbage.

I'm going to base my opinion on Mason Cox on his performance in Round 1 last year and literally nothing else.

This thread has made me dislike hawthorn even more.

Nasty.

I'm going to base my opinion on Mason Cox on his performance in Round 1 last year and literally nothing else.

Was it the display of a bit of mongrel that attracted you to that specific game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not buying

Clarkson exploited him

Hope I'm wrong

Ben brown
Garry rowen
Jordy

I'm not buying

Clarkson exploited him

Hope I'm wrong

Ben brown
Garry rowen
Jordy

I'm skeptical about leading forwards benefitting from the new rules, but if they do let's have a closer look at your reasoning.

This seems to be your argument:

1. Leading, marking forwards will benefit.

From this you've concluded that it is a significant issue that Langdon plays his best footy on marking forwards. And as evidence to show why you think he will struggle with this new rule change which you claim will benefit leading forwards, you've used an example of him having a bad quarter at ground level against Shaun Burgoyne in Round 1 last year.
????????????
2. Defenders who lack pace will struggle.

From this, you've concluded that we should get rid of Langdon, who has genuine pace and you spoke about replacing him with Murphy, who lacks pace.

??????????

Let's put this to bed

Langdons kicking NOWHERE as good as murphy and lacks penetration
The word helicopter comes to mind

I've mentioned that hawthorn game as due to injuries or due to the club Also identifying his weakness ( loose slow of the mark )
Therefore he wasn't ever exposed again on a genuine hit up leader , we played a zone
YOU KEEPING UP
Zone
Zone
Harder to zone this year I would expect

Watch the gf did a lot right but did a lot wrong too

BUT APPARENTLY HES A GUN BASED ON A GOOD SECOND HALF OF THE YEAR IN A ZONE DEFENSE PLAYING ON BIGGER OPPONENTS THIRD TALLS WHO HARDLY GOT GREAT DELIVERY

Difference is ?

BUT APPARENTLY HES A GUN BASED ON A GOOD SECOND HALF OF THE YEAR IN A ZONE DEFENSE PLAYING ON BIGGER OPPONENTS THIRD TALLS WHO HARDLY GOT GREAT DELIVERY

Difference is ?
Well, all those caps have certainly changed my mind.

Based on your one game cherry picking logic, I can conclude that Langdon is an amazing small defender, because in one game he took Robbie Gray to the cleaners. Super elite.

This is fun. I invite other posters to make conclusions on whether or not Langdon is amazing or terrible based on other singular games they can think of. It’s not stupid at all, because Darky used caps lock.

Old mate Darky needs some good Karate Kid assistance.

Miyagi would simply say:

• Always look eye.
You have to use your eyes Darky.

And

Darky to Langdon

BD34BD59-5B1B-4D7D-8F98-C5CB2A3B2C17.gif

Karate Kid has all the answers...

94B5FCC3-07D8-46A7-82CF-B0B3FE892CF5.jpeg

And this is just because I like Hilary Swank.

:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back