Do we play Dirty?

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by clucas91
spare a thought for dugarry, he only just got back into the french side and will now miss the world cup! I am also disappointed that we got the French to come here and we treated them so disrespectfully that they or anyone else will want to come back here! Oceania already has a bad enough reputation without this happening!

That is such a load of crap

What disrespect?

One guy got booked for a late challenge? Big deal

Much worse tackles happen every day in every professional soccer league in the world.

Plus the conditions contributed to the incident. If they had not get tangled up - the worst that would have happened would have been a bruise

When you wear your country's shirt - you do so with pride and you play to win.

you must go in as hard as you would normally even if it is a "friendly"

Especially when its the only decent warm up game before THE MOST IMPORTANT games in your country's soccer history.

Do you think if a French player had done that - there would be this outcry in Europe - NO WAY

We owe France nothing

Crying about how its disrespectful and no-one likes us is the worst kind of cultural cringe

"please like us please like us" - Pathetic stuff in my view

I dont condone what happend but it has been blown far out of proportion.

Lets just get on with qualifying for the world cup and support our own players rather than being more worried about what our Eurpoean "heroes" think of us

GO MUSCAT
GO AUSTRALIA

Originally posted by QT
The bottom line is.....THE GAME WAS A BLOODY FRIENDLY!

A friendly is to prepare your team, try new players, tactics etc, not go out all attack and hack players (Which is inexcusable even in a WC Final).

Check the net out, apparently everyone in the world is laughing at us

What about the french spitting on us?
If I was Muscat I probably would have felt like knocking someone out far earlier then he did

Originally posted by Bulldog1954

What about the french spitting on us?
If I was Muscat I probably would have felt like knocking someone out far earlier then he did

Pires is not a dirty player. Apparently the Pires vs Muscat saga started in the confederations cup, I could just imagine what Muscat did.

I just hope the thug doesnt play against the South Americans. Because they will get him sent off, guarenteed! they know hes a soft target.

Originally posted by QT

Pires is not a dirty player. Apparently the Pires vs Muscat saga started in the confederations cup, I could just imagine what Muscat did.

I just hope the thug doesnt play against the South Americans. Because they will get him sent off, guarenteed! they know hes a soft target.

Pires started the problems by spitting on Muscat in the Confederations Cup....Sunday was the 2nd time he had done it.

Originally posted by Bulldog1954
I love the way the Aussies play. Most soccer players are punces. Girls blouses who go down for a bruise. I mean for christs skae you see soccer players get stretchered off when they do a hammy. The Aussie side plays tough and don't take dives or cry when they break a nail. Admittedly Muscats challenge was bad but I still love the way we play. And that little scuffle was nothing not even a haymaker thrown

Agree 100%. I hate watching the Italian soccer team. They are always trying to con the ref into free kicks by diving and rolling around on the ground. Some of the South American teams do it too. It's a blight on the game. Thank god the Aussie's don't seem to do it....if they ever did I think they would lose support over here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back