Opinion Do we REALLY want Jack Steven from St. Kilda?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'd be getting him if we didn't think he could play decent footy - there is plenty of competition for his spot. Plenty of players get rejuvenated at new clubs and put in a year of two of decent footy - they're are numerous example of that for players having left Geelong. Realistically we should get one decent season and that is about it, so a pick around 50 sounds right

I see him as potential Brian lake, who was traded to the Hawks at the age of 31. Lake was a key part of the Hawks dynasty and rejuvenated with new club.

I'll complain!!! Haha. Not about the pick, it's basically nothing.
Just don't see the point. Is he the difference between flag and no flag? Nah.
Is helping us for the future? Nah
Might sell a few memberships though I guess.

Captain our VFL team?

Is he the difference between a flag and no flag? No. As proven by Dangerfield, Ablett, Judd, Buddy...etc, no one player is.

Does he improve our starting 22? Yes, most definitely. We're clearly aiming for a flag in 2020 (as we should be), so bringing in Steven is a no brainer imo.

Is he the difference between a flag and no flag? No. As proven by Dangerfield, Ablett, Judd, Buddy...etc, no one player is.

Does he improve our starting 22? Yes, most definitely. We're clearly aiming for a flag in 2020 (as we should be), so bringing in Steven is a no brainer imo.
That's what I meant. Enough improvement to get us holding up the cup?
With Kelly gone, Selwood, Hawkins, Danger one year older.
Taylor and Gaz just about done.
Yeah I dunno. Actually yes I do.

That's what I meant. Enough improvement to get us holding up the cup?
With Kelly gone, Selwood, Hawkins, Danger one year older.
Taylor and Gaz just about done.
Yeah I dunno. Actually yes I do.

I don't think we are without a chance next year, so gonna have to agree to disagree there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it's pick 58 only, especially if they are paying some of his salary, I can only think either the Cats have bent the saints over or they've done their due diligence and his demons are worse than thought, or unlikely to be beaten.
I'm assuming the former.

I think you need to think of his recruitment as a way of plugging the gap in the midfield from kelly leaving.

Pick 58 for Steven? That’s great and Saints supporters will be filthy lol.

It's actually better than that. It stands at Jack Steven for Zac Smith, who was undoubtedly going to be off our list, anyway.

Steven is well and truly worth the gamble, given the player he has been and the positive prospects of him doing/feeling better after returning home.

So, while they may sort out a pick swap to fine up the details before this is finalised, this deal currently seems like the GFC are channeling this epic Midlake track...

If he plays good football and is fun to watch then I don't see why we wouldn't be happy.

The future isn't everything.

If he plays good football and is fun to watch then I don't see why we wouldn't be happy.

The future isn't everything.
Not that fun to watch really. Good player though.
Miers is fun to watch! More of that.
Constable firing out bullet handballs is fun to watch.
And you get to see them grow up.
It's all subjective anyway.

Surely there has got to be something else. If Zac Smith is worth 58, Steven has got to be worth more.
Smith really, really sucks. Steven at least has a chance of playing some decent footy in the future.

Be keen to know who is going to pay the wages too..
Smith does not suck. Two top 10s in our best and fairest in the only years he was given a decent amount of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back