Opinion Do we REALLY want Jack Steven from St. Kilda?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That is the issue.
1.If we win the flag, I could see GAJ, Taylor, Kelly, Hendo (and maybe even Selwood )Not being there.
We then look far less likely to contend, no need Steven.
2. If we just lose the GF, perhaps they all stay on for one more tilt, yes, Steven could help.
3. If we go out dismally in finals, again, can't see GAJ or Kelly or Taylor hanging around. No need Steven

Spot on. A dismal finals exit will lead to a cull (almost above Scott’s head), and a Flag is a wonderful chance to re-set.

Only if you guys throw in Constable

Geel get;
Stuv 6 and 7
Stk get:
Hill and Constable
Freo get:
Kelly

You’re welcome.
we'll keep Chooka and give you our Rd 2 back.

Deal.

Geel get;
Stuv 6 and 7
Stk get:
Hill and GFC Rd 2 2019.
Freo get:
Kelly

GO Catters

we'll keep Chooka and give you our Rd 2 back.

Deal.

Geel get;
Stuv 6 and 7
Stk get:
Hill and GFC Rd 2 2019.
Freo get:
Kelly

GO Catters

That's a deal I could find a level of happiness with, especially if we pick up some good talent with picks 6 & 7

Geel get;
Stuv 6 and 7
Stk get:
Hill and Constable
Freo get:
Kelly

You’re welcome.

Kelly and Constable for Steven 6 & 7 .... no.

Im quite happy to talk trades of Constable

im happy to talk trades of Steven

But they are seperate things and a different level of player ..

with Steven being worth a long way less. If I cant get him for around P40... tehn he can stay on the Stk list and give your club anotehr year of service which he decided to sign for a few years ago.

with Constable who has a RS nom ..and 10 years in front of him ... if you want to get him ..then do not bring a knife to a gunfight...

That's a deal I could find a level of happiness with, especially if we pick up some good talent with picks 6 & 7

Steven for Constable ... Kelly for 6 and 7...

Last year more than this year ... would have been nice to pick up Ben King and Bailey Smith ... would be a list defining move and yes Id have done it...

This year ... far harder to see who we get at 6 and 7 ... Maybe Flanders , maybe Kemp as he is recovering from a knee , maybe Robertson , maybe McAsey ...

I quite like Liam Henry . Just to throw a little shade on our Freo brethren .. Id consider bidding on Liam Henry... and telling them that we will bid ... of course something might be able to be worked out if you see you way to adding someone like North or Sturt to the deal ...

PhantomFormGuiden12.jpg

28/8/01
180cm/67kg
Claremont
Forward
July ranking: 12

The Fremantle Next Generation Academy prospect is another likely early pick to go down with an injury recently, suffering a dislocated kneecap last week playing school football. He will likely miss the rest of the season with the concern. It shouldn't change his draft position, however. Henry has proved himself as the best small forward in the draft, capable of lifting his team with his speed and skill around goal. But he has also shown an ability to push into the midfield more as well.

690368_ll.jpg

We've now been linked to Higgins as well. I'm not sure why we wouldn't want steven(with the price being right of course), especially if kelly goes. We will need a steve/Higgins type to break lines and kick goals. Yes steven is not in shape but he still had 20+ and 3 goals in his last game. One preseason will get him back in playing shape.
I wouldn't include constable in any trades as he looks a player but maybe menegola or menegola and a late pick

We've now been linked to Higgins as well. I'm not sure why we wouldn't want steven(with the price being right of course), especially if kelly goes. We will need a steve/Higgins type to break lines and kick goals. Yes steven is not in shape but he still had 20+ and 3 goals in his last game. One preseason will get him back in playing shape.
I wouldn't include constable in any trades as he looks a player but maybe menegola or menegola and a late pick

Steven's last game was only a 17 disposal & 1 goal effort - his first game back was the 20+ disposals & 3 goals

As for his playing weight, it's been discussed a bit on here that if he's on medication such as anti-depressants, that a side effect of those can be weight gain. What that also means is he can put in a fantastic preseason but won't necessarily come back to a conditioned playing weight if he is still on medication

Steven's last game was only a 17 disposal & 1 goal effort - his first game back was the 20+ disposals & 3 goals

As for his playing weight, it's been discussed a bit on here that if he's on medication such as anti-depressants, that a side effect of those can be weight gain. What that also means is he can put in a fantastic preseason but won't necessarily come back to a conditioned playing weight if he is still on medication
To be fair, his weight is being over played. He didn't train at all for a month.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Headspace-How do you tell? 'Mental problems' are so difficult to quantify. Does anybody know what his issues were? So many things are attributed to mental health problems these days.

Fair, its a hard thing to assess.

Geel get;
Stuv 6 and 7
Stk get:
Hill and Constable
Freo get:
Kelly

You’re welcome.

Freo will not trade a contracted Hill plus a top 10 pick for Kelly..not even Freo are that stupid.

What if they got Acres too. Plays for the Saints.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

so.. one has to look at what you get and what you give. My assessment is Freo get the best deal.. from this. Id be asking for them to throw in a kid to the deal ... but I guess it depends on internal subtle rating of players

Geel get / Gee give
Stuv 6 and 7 / Kelly and Constable

Stk get / Stk give
Hill and Constable / P6 , Steven , Acres

Freo get / Freo give
Kelly & Acres / P7 , Hill

His best mate plays for the Saints

And Constable has been known to spend Christmas Day with the Brayshaw family.

Maybe Constable has a whole collection of best mates that he spends time with depending on the situation

And why is that Constable wants to leave to play with his one of his mates - why not the other way around where his mate/s want to leave their club to play for Geelong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back