Strategy Do we roll the dice with Nic?

Should Naitanui play in the elimination final?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched Simmo's presser and the interview Nic gave to 7 news before work this morning.

Tell you what, I certainly didn't like the prevalent attitude of "if he's right to go for the next final then we'll consider it".

Gave me flashbacks to 2016 when beating the Bulldogs at Subi was considered a formality. Im just getting the feeling that we are being a bit too blasé and arrogant about the whole affair, and haven't considered how cut-throat this game is going to be - if we lose Simmo then there will be no "next final". Don't f*ck it up like last year!

Wouldn't he need a test run before he plays his 1st AFL game for the year in any case? Could he play for one of the WAFL reserves teams who are in the finals? Doesn't seem likely.
Otherwise do we go in with NN replacing 1 of the ruckmen without any knowledge whatsoever about how he'll go in an actual game, or mess up our structure by going in with an extra ruck/tall?

I don't understand the logic "don't play him in the finals because he could re-do is knee". He could quite easily do the knee at any time during his current training regime, in the offseason, first game of 2018 etc. If he is fit, then play him, you would be crazy not to. He is hugely important to our teams chances of going deep into the finals (if we get past Port).

I watched Simmo's presser and the interview Nic gave to 7 news before work this morning.

Tell you what, I certainly didn't like the prevalent attitude of "if he's right to go for the next final then we'll consider it".

Gave me flashbacks to 2016 when beating the Bulldogs at Subi was considered a formality. Im just getting the feeling that we are being a bit too blasé and arrogant about the whole affair, and haven't considered how cut-throat this game is going to be - if we lose Simmo then there will be no "next final". Don't f*ck it up like last year!

NicNat looks pretty big in the footage , no way will he get through the game but .... Browny was on a hiding to nothing last year.

WCE or Gaffy in an interview saying its a free hit this first final with nothing to lose , if we happen to win this game NicNat could be a 50/50 chance maybe .

If he is ready for it we should play him. The guy has X-Factor, is an unknown quantity come finals. It gives us a competitive edge, and if you know anything about competitions, everyone needs one even if it's unknown. You can argue the fact we should just get him ready for next year, but then you could also argue we're not guaranteed to make finals next year.

Let him contest a few centre bounces and rest him in the forward line - let the port defenders lose their s**t worrying about punctured lungs as 110 kgs at speed bares down upon them.

Kennedy kicks 8+ amongst the carnage and Naitanui reminds the competition what an actually good ruckman looks like.

Seems pretty simple to me.

Let him contest a few centre bounces and rest him in the forward line - let the port defenders lose their s**t worrying about punctured lungs as 110 kgs at speed bares down upon them.

Kennedy kicks 8+ amongst the carnage and Naitanui reminds the competition what an actually good ruckman looks like.

Seems pretty simple to me.

He is far more valuable in the ruck and midfield where the game will be won.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best bit is how we're all making such informed decisions without even seeing his medical reports.

To be fair, the clubs bought it upon themselves. No updates on his injury, and Estimate return of Late 2017 and consistently talking about how well he is tracking. If they're not gonna play him rule him out already.

I don't think anyone thinks this game is in the bag. We're underdogs.

To risk Naitaniu now after 12 months is crazy, say we will next weekend..we're sure as hell not going to beat anyone else after that are we ? we'd need to win 4 in a row which we haven't done in a while with this squad.

To risk Naitaniu now after 12 months is crazy, say we will next weekend..we're sure as hell not going to beat anyone else after that are we ? we'd need to win 4 in a row which we haven't done in a while with this squad.

Nic is training the house down so should be good to go ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't know how you managed to escape from the Giant or even eat your way out of a pudding with that defeatist attitude.

Simmo talking about nic 5:10

WTF simmoo. Hes FINE. PUT HIM IN A MATCH SIM and play him. Keep pushing it media make the wce crack.

If we win but lose next game all blame goes on not playing nic. Simmo if you're tired of media talking about nic then play him ffs.

I can tell the boys and fans are not focused in their mind they are relying on nic to come back in order to win.

If we win but lose next game all blame goes on not playing nic.
Or, you know, not playing as well as the opposition.
I can tell the boys and fans are not focused in their mind they are relying on nic to come back in order to win.
Rubbish.

Yes, of course bring him back.

Even if he is only on the field half the time, that isn't too different to normal... 2016 he was only on the ground about 65% of the time, and still was one of our most important players.

Completely changes our dynamic in a good way - the opposition don't know what to do with him.

Wish this club would grow some balls sometimes. Paddy will walk all over us this week without him.

Back