Toast Do we underrate Ricky Henderson?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think its fair to say that Ricky has made a lot of us om here look like huge gooses. I'll be the first to put my hand up. I was annoyed that they brought him in and then i was annoyed that they kept playing him. Now i'm just annoyed that he wasn't on our list since he was 18 so that we could have developed him properly and got the most out of him. Hes probably on a 250k/yr contract when he had the capacity to be top 20 in the league and collecting a 700k cheque every season all along. Hopefully he plays until his 35 so he can cash in a little. Credit to him and the recruiting guys for identifying the potential in him. The rest of.... you can hang your heads in shame!

I think its fair to say that Ricky has made a lot of us om here look like huge gooses. I'll be the first to put my hand up.
I'll be the second.

I saw him as depth, thinking that if he was getting a game, it meant things were bad.

He'd now be in the first dozen picked each week.

Stronger in the contest than the Crows fans had intimated, excellent run, decent skills...much stronger in the air than I expected.

I think its fair to say that Ricky has made a lot of us om here look like huge gooses. I'll be the first to put my hand up. I was annoyed that they brought him in and then i was annoyed that they kept playing him. Now i'm just annoyed that he wasn't on our list since he was 18 so that we could have developed him properly and got the most out of him. Hes probably on a 250k/yr contract when he had the capacity to be top 20 in the league and collecting a 700k cheque every season all along. Hopefully he plays until his 35 so he can cash in a little. Credit to him and the recruiting guys for identifying the potential in him. The rest of.... you can hang your heads in shame!
I'm leading that pack in the goose department. I saw no reason for his recruitment and am now looking like a fool.

I can comfortably say I was on the Hendo bus from the very start (got plenty wrong over the years but not this one).
Its not just the quality of his game and consistency that appealed to me from the start but also the low key way he goes about his business.
Hopefully he gets paid some decent $$$$ at the end of the year along with a multi year extension as reward for 3 excellent years of service to the club.

Fair to say he’s starting to become noticed by the media now as well. Multiple outlets commenting on him being an ‘AA smoky’ etc

Figured he was a stop gap for losing Hill at best and a handy depth player at worst.

Was happy with the pick at the time and all he's done since is make me happier.

I know the club wants to bring down the age demographic of the list and some players maybe asked to move on but of all the 30 year olds Henderson is the most deserving of a new contract extension.
He's adhering to the Tucky progression, that tough wiry body and just spectacular run all day engine. Think he'd be loving the late confident blossoming and probably feels like he has all day to make a great choice on the field.
No reason to think he'll drop off the cliff, may be just as good in 2 years time.
Agree re the extension.

He has never has really got going until he joined the HFC. In 2013 he played some cracking games (I recall as he was on the SC radar for a lot of teams). After coming to us he has played 18, 20 and 8* straight this year. The come home factor and a consistent role maybe?

1557886466390.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps we can slice 300k off Wingard's contract and give it to him until Chad starts turning up to games.
Surely we can move a chunk of that 500k that we are still(?) paying Vickery across to Hendo.
God i still cant believe how Tyrone milked the club for that kind of cash, he must have had a superstar agent!

I'm leading that pack in the goose department. I saw no reason for his recruitment and am now looking like a fool.
I'm the next goose in line, but i didnt ever publically state that, so at least i have that going for me. He has been a gun this year, most consistent by a mile and courage in spades. Well done Ricky

Its gotta be said..... "How good is Ricky Henderson!!!"
Incredible. He keeps this up and he will be AA. commentators have noticed him now. Got to start the campaign early so we don’t get blindsided by some crab Essendon player being a better story ;)

We would be in the bottom 4 this year without him, our MVP so far this season just ahead of Big Boy. Just keeps running and finding the footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back