Society/Culture Do you belive in Non Binary as a gender?

Do you belive in Non Binary as a gender?

• Yes , you can be not a male or a female

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • No, your either a Man or a Women

Votes: 47 67.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you wear glasses? Do you know someone with a hearing aid? Do you drive a car? Are you educated?

Once upon a time - shocking, I know - people used to be functionally blind. People used to be deaf. People used to be constrained to travel only as quickly as their feet could carry them. People used to be unable to read, to do more math than their fingers and toes permitted.

All of these things were facts of life, CB. Pointing out that something is a fact of life - that this is the way things are - isn't a useful observation to make, whether talking about semantics or reality.

In the fullness of time, we've overcome an awful lot of 'facts of life'.

See post #327

It exists. It's probably less common than claimed, as younger people work out where they fit and use it as a useful term for the interim. Sometimes, it is even fair to say it can be a bit attention seeking. But it exists, and I'm surprised that the poll results are skewed this way for something that is pretty clearly fact even if you only accept it in race circumstances.

No.
You're born with male genitalia you are male, if you're born with female genitalia you are a female.
There is no such thing as they/them pronouns unless you are a siamese twin or in a group of people.

Yep it is tiresome …vacuuming the flat on my own with putting up with your yodelling….
status debilitating and then I realise….you are not perfect nor responsible…

Can't argue with chromosomes

So yeah, you can.

Next thing you'll say is, can't argue with a utensil.

Can kinda argue with that too, but in general I'd agree; you certainly can't argue with a person who is a utensil.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No.
You're born with male genitalia you are male, if you're born with female genitalia you are a female.
There is no such thing as they/them pronouns unless you are a siamese twin or in a group of people.
wait until you find out that not only is sex not binary, but gender is a construct

With the increasing use of biometric data used as an identifier it, at least to my way of thinking, has become less useful to identify people purely by gender. It does not bother me as an individual to just identify a person by the name that they introduce themselves as.

To a machine collecting biometric data, say at an automated airport border security checkpoint, it matters even less. They scan your eyes;

Gender as a crucial identity marker in this aspect matters less and less as tech continues to improve.

Yes, gender is whatever society wants to recognise and nurture, its not restricted to biology.

Though transitioning kids as young as 3 is a whole different argument.

Yes, gender is whatever society wants to recognise and nurture, its not restricted to biology.

Where did you dig that up from, because these sorts of claims always seem to be based on some sort of fabricated anti trans talking point

Looking at how they used to "transition" kids at birth, that's more an establishment medical thing than some radical loony parents thing.

Looking at how they used to "transition" kids at birth, that's more an establishment medical thing than some radical loony parents thing.

A bloke from the town over from where I grew up was born with both sets of genitals, and they decided that he urinated out his penis so he was a man, and they just sewed the other one shut lol

It lead to lots of medical issues later in life

A bloke from the town over from where I grew up was born with both sets of genitals, and they decided that he pissed out his utensil so he was a man, and they just sewed the other one shut lol

It lead to lots of medical issues later in life
Yeah which is why they generally don't do that anymore

Is Joshua Badge a neutral party able to look at this topic objectively?

Because he appears to be refuting it, based on nothing, in an effort to control the narrative of this particular social space.

Also his deeming data and findings uncovered(1300% increase in cases in last 8 years) via an FOI search to be 'transphobic' seems to be an effort to suppress any further discussion about the matter to me...sounds like a very familiar strategy in hard left and hard right ideologies.

Is Joshua Badge a neutral party able to look at this topic objectively?

Because he appears to be refuting it, based on nothing, in an effort to control the narrative of this particular social space.

Also his deeming data and findings uncovered(1300% increase in cases in last 8 years) via an FOI search to be 'transphobic' seems to be an effort to suppress any further discussion about the matter to me...sounds like a very familiar strategy in hard left and hard right ideologies.
A neutral party able to look at this topic objectively....
You provided an article that was not from a neutral party looking at this topic objectively

Did you read the whole article and the whole twitter thread?
Did you also remember what I said about the root of these stories, here's a reminder for you.

Where did you dig that up from, because these sorts of claims always seem to be based on some sort of fabricated anti trans talking point
Headline

'They're being fast-tracked': Psychologist wants inquiry into children's transgender clinics​

Inference in the article that 3 year olds are getting gender blockers
Children as young as nine in NSW and three Victoria are referred to the clinics if they are experiencing gender dysphoria.

They are assessed to see if they should be given puberty blockers to stop the onset of puberty to allow a full transition from their birth gender with sex-change hormones later on.

Reality
1648521162331.png

As to the claim about 1300% increase in cases

t showed that in the states with the biggest populations - NSW, Victoria, Queensland and Western Australia - 727 children were patients of a gender clinic last year.

which the article then goes on to contradict with different numbers in the next paragraph

That was up from 211 youngsters in 2014.

Queensland showed the biggest jump from 48 in 2014 to 603 children last year, while WA jumped from 51 to 545.

But the greatest numbers were in Victoria where 981 children were gender clinic patients last year, up from just 104 in 2014.

so they are complaining that there are 727 cases across 4 states, up from 211 4 or 5 years earlier which isn't 13 times the number

but then they also claim there was 981 patients in Victoria alone which doesn't match up to their 727 above

so like which is it?

then you've 3 known anti trans lobbyists complaining in the article

after that there is this little nugget at the very bottom if you make it there

However, endocrinologist and academic with Melbourne University's Trans Medical Research group Dr Ada Cheung says there have always been transgender people, it's just that social acceptance is growing.

"They have existed throughout time, it's about 0.2 per cent to 2 per cent have gender incongruence, so it is not that more people are transgender, but what we think is socially acceptable is changing.

"People are aware there are services now whereas once they would have suffered in silence."

Back