Off-topic Do you feel a tinge of guilt or embarassment being hyped for the 2020 "Grand Final"?

Should 2020 count as a real GF?

• Nope, its a cheap plastic imitation.

• Yes, I support Richmond or Geelong and desperately want it to mean something.

• I don't care enough about this faux-season to even bother answering the question.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

This is my favorite gif

View attachment 991163
Was expecting the Tom Hawkins poster gif myself.

Then you must be underwhelmed getting this pissant substitute under Gabba lights instead of the real thing.

Sure I get it - we're struggling with Covid & grateful for any distraction. Is this a real GF? fu** no, never in a million years will be. Is it better than nothing? If you're a Handbagger or Tugger flog you'll say yes, the rest of us lean towards the affirmative without any resounding chorus of endorsement, at least there won't be when the game starts & the reality that this inauthentic spectacle is what passes for a GF in 2020 smacks us upside the face.

Best the AFL could do under the circumstances? Maybe. That mean I have to pretend its the real thing? fu** no, it isn't and I never will. So am I saying this purely out of spite because my team isn't involved? Given I've been calling season 2020 a farce since the pandemic first started, not really... and if you disagree? Find someone else who cares and tell them.

Go on, argue otherwise muppets. Tell me what's so tremendously important about this laughably cobbled-together season & its underwhelming abortion of a finale. Amuse me peasants.

giphy.gif
What’s amusing to me about this? The fact the AFL wasted $100k trucking a piece of grass up to the Gabba so 2 Victorian teams can spit their backwash all over it.

The universe missed a golden chance to have St.Kilda to break their 68 year drought this year. Doc Baldock in a Collingwood Jumper, Jarryn Geary holding a Kinder Surprise Covid faux-Premiership, woulda been perfect. :'(

LOL and this is a club that thinks the rest of the footy world should respect them. What a pack of classless bogans
Cant be bothered finding the Geelong member doing a bit of romper stomper on another supporters head, you don't live in a glass house do you?

Respect, lol who gives a s**t what anyone else thinks, particularly opposition supporters, there isn't a single AFL club that doesn't have a closet full of skeletons, as long as you have a closet full of AFL/VFL Premiership cups as well not much else matters.

I think a closet full is 12 or more?

Cant be bothered finding the Geelong member doing a bit of romper stomper on another supporters head, you don't live in a glass house do you?

Respect, lol who gives a sh*t what anyone else thinks, particularly opposition supporters, there isn't a single AFL club that doesn't have a closet full of skeletons, as long as you have a closet full of AFL/VFL Premiership cups as well not much else matters.

I think a closet full is 12 or more?

The melt you responded to my two line post with suggest YOU care :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only problem with that argument is that the entire season that came up with these two teams has been uneven.

But then which AFL season has ever been uncompromised? You'd have to go back to the 90s, when each team had their own home ground.
Each team didnt have their own home ground in the nineties. Hawks, nth, tigers, fitzroy for starters. You have to go back to the 60s.

Back