Off-topic Do you feel a tinge of guilt or embarassment being hyped for the 2020 "Grand Final"?

Should 2020 count as a real GF?

• Nope, its a cheap plastic imitation.

• Yes, I support Richmond or Geelong and desperately want it to mean something.

• I don't care enough about this faux-season to even bother answering the question.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mr Blicavs

Basking in Premiership glory!
Aug 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors - Maple Leafs
tenor (12).gif

This Is Anfield

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Podcaster
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies
I’ll let you know Sunday morning...

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
Dwayne Russell made a good point for the first time since I can remember by saying that both teams will have full lists to choose from (No injuries), and with the game being between two Victorian teams at a neutral ground like the GABBA, that it's the most even grand final contest we can get.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
Dwayne Russell made a good point for the first time since I can remember by saying that both teams will have full lists to choose from (No injuries), and with the game being between two Victorian teams at a neutral ground like the GABBA, that it's the most even grand final contest we can get.
The only problem with that argument is that the entire season that came up with these two teams has been uneven.

But then which AFL season has ever been uncompromised? You'd have to go back to the 90s, when each team had their own home ground.

Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺
Hey OP, if Hodgey can come out on radio and say in his heart he wants the Cats to win, then why can't you? 🥰🥰🥰
He probably did it as a dare or a bet, no way he's serious. Why would any neutrals want to see the Corio Filth bag another tainted Premiership*?

Turnover

Cancelled
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
He probably did it as a dare or a bet, no way he's serious. Why would any neutrals want to see the Corio Filth bag another tainted Premiership*?
Yep hodge trolling Gerard whatley on SEN is pretty funny.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Then you must be underwhelmed getting this pissant substitute under Gabba lights instead of the real thing.

Sure I get it - we're struggling with Covid & grateful for any distraction. Is this a real GF? fu** no, never in a million years will be. Is it better than nothing? If you're a Handbagger or Tugger flog you'll say yes, the rest of us lean towards the affirmative without any resounding chorus of endorsement, at least there won't be when the game starts & the reality that this inauthentic spectacle is what passes for a GF in 2020 smacks us upside the face.

Best the AFL could do under the circumstances? Maybe. That mean I have to pretend its the real thing? fu** no, it isn't and I never will. So am I saying this purely out of spite because my team isn't involved? Given I've been calling season 2020 a farce since the pandemic first started, not really... and if you disagree? Find someone else who cares and tell them.

Go on, argue otherwise muppets. Tell me what's so tremendously important about this laughably cobbled-together season & its underwhelming abortion of a finale. Amuse me peasants.

giphy.gif

Let me have a think about it... Nope

Personally, I'm getting behind my fellow Irishmen Zach Tuohy and Mark O'Connor.
Plus it'll be funny to see Richmond miss out on B2B.

This Is Anfield

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Podcaster
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies
Personally, I'm getting behind my fellow Irishmen Zach Tuohy and Mark O'Connor.
Plus it'll be funny to see Richmond miss out on B2B.
I laughed in 1965 👍

Jan 25, 2013
Deep Inside
AFL Club
Geelong
I'd feel more embarrassment going into 2021 with key forwards Tim O'Brien and Jonathon Patton with Sam Frost as #1 backman

Every thread response so far from a Geelong or Richmond poster?

1busuC.gif

Well I'm certainly convinced Bay13's Handbagger contigent is taking this game desperately seriously, lame as that is.

Fool's gold for a bunch o' fools. :sunglasses:

Oh dude, your sphincter is clearly tighter than any Richmond supporter's this week. :$:$:$

Back