Food, Drink & Dining Out Do you finish bad apples?

Remove this Banner Ad

Pink Lady's man. They are where it's at.

Regarding green apples - I haven't eaten them for years. They're very s**t, generally. On a side note, I can recommend a sensational smoothie with green apples(the only way I eat them). 1 lemon, 1 orange, 1 green apple, some mint, parsley, spinach, 1 lebanese cucumber + coconut water(or water)...then blend.

Why am I telling you this? Quality of apple not so important and you'll get a great tasting, healthy feed/chop out. Actually tastes great!(imo, of course).
I will buy these ingredients during my next shop.

Coincidentally, I only buy red apples when I intend to use them in a smoothie because of their lower prices.

I will buy these ingredients during my next shop.

Coincidentally, I only buy red apples when I intend to use them in a smoothie because of their lower prices.

Reds don't have the same nutrient value as greens(you prob already know that).

Also, that recipe will produce heaps - I usually have half and then refrigerate the rest(good for 24hrs give or take).

I would also recommend buying produce from an independent market if possible - cheaper and fresher. If they're only open on weekends, I would just buy and then freeze.

Pears are your real problem fruit. Packhams are sold about 2 weeks too early in supermarkets so if you want a pear you best plan ahead.

Relatively disappointing selection today. I did firmly feel each one as suggested last night.
Pears are your real problem fruit. Packhams are sold about 2 weeks too early in supermarkets so if you want a pear you best plan ahead.
It's so infuriating to get such cheap pears for 99c/kg and then have to wait for them to ripen. I inevitably forget about them or lose my patience and eat them unripe.

Last edited:
Did you know eating a mango half hour before smoking that evil drug Mary Jane, relaxes the dopamine receptors even more making it a more therapeutic experience for your whole system. Mainly muscles

They recommend mangoes to kids taking thc for epilepsy.

Did you know eating a mango half hour before smoking that evil drug Mary Jane, relaxes the dopamine receptors even more making it a more therapeutic experience for your whole system. Mainly muscles

They recommend mangoes to kids taking thc for epilepsy.
'Mango buds' were a thing 25+ years ago.
I thought it was just the smell of them but maybe there was some soaking in mango juice involved... I dont really remember.

Anyway, then skunk arrived.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My ex wife didnt.

My brother loves Granny Smith apples but Im firmly in the 'they are cooking apples' camp.

I will eat basically any other sort of apple.
I wonder how much these preferences are perpetuated by circumstance. For example, after we moved from our house that had an GS apple tree, it got to the point that Mother would only buy GS apples because I refused to eat other apples.

Every one of my apples from that fruit store turned out to be disgusting.

What kind of fruit store willingly sells bad fruit? Are we just in a horrible apple season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back