Health Do you get the Flu Vaccination?

Remove this Banner Ad

What will you do when it becomes mandatory

I’m not anti vaccine so no issue taking a flu vaccine

But I’m anti big government and will not have a vaccine if it’s mandatory.

I never polished my boots in the military, never did watches after my first year out at sea and can’t have my car pulled over by police.

But if they ask and have a good reason, I’ll happily assist and have the vaccine.

No, but they can freeze you out of society if you don't have proof of injection
Not for a shot that has at best a 50% protection rate and is a guess based on strains in the opposite hemisphere.

Your immune system has to develop the ability to fight viruses that are unlikely to cause long term harm. By stopping that from happening you weaken your immune system and become more susceptible to things like the coronavirus which is more deadly.

Eat healthy, don't over sanitise your life and build a healthy immune system.

I never polished my boots in the military, never did watches after my first year out at sea and can’t have my car pulled over by police.

But if they ask and have a good reason, I’ll happily assist and have the vaccine.

If cops flag you down do you keep driving?

They are not allowed to flag me down and don’t

If the did I would stop, ask them to check my plates and drive on after the check

What do you mean not allowed to flag you down? Probably my fault, maybe not the correct term to use initially.

How about
Random breath tests?
Pulled over for "speeding"?
etc

I got the impression that you don't stop for any cop (including flashing lights and following you). But I think i am wrong.

Would regard forcing someone to scan their Medicare card every time they buy booze or **** as big government?

I would.

And just like that I'm going to be paying cash for my booze now.

What do you mean not allowed to flag you down? Probably my fault, maybe not the correct term to use initially.

How about
Random breath tests?
Pulled over for "speeding"?
etc

I got the impression that you don't stop for any cop (including flashing lights and following you). But I think i am wrong.

a scan of my plates comes up on their system as "DANGER - DO NOT ENGAGE" being the same as someone like John Kizon. No detail is provided on their system other than an instruction not to engage.

I drive like miss daisy these days, so rarely attract their attention anyway

No I do not get the flu vaccine, and I pity anybody foolish enough to do so.

It is amusing to me that so many people are scared of invisible demons which they believe spread from person to person invisibly.

It is even more amusing to me that they believe letting a person wearing a white coat inject something into their body will repel the demons.

The same people now wash their hands several times per day as though they are bathing with holy water.

There's some comical religious-tier nonsense going on in the world today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No I do not get the flu vaccine, and I pity anybody foolish enough to do so.

It is amusing to me that so many people are scared of invisible demons which they believe spread from person to person invisibly.

It is even more amusing to me that they believe letting a person wearing a white coat inject something into their body will repel the demons.

The same people now wash their hands several times per day as though they are bathing with holy water.

There's some comical religious-tier nonsense going on in the world today.
So we should lock up Bill Gates ?

So we should lock up Bill Gates ?
Why would we want to lock up one of the world's greatest trolls and comedians?

MW-DM309_gates__20150519134310_ZQ.jpg

The top three books on his 2015 book recommendation pile (pictured here):

How To Lie With Statistics

Hyperbole and a Half

On Immunity

Lol.

Neither my wife nor I have every had one. She's never had the flu and I reckon I might have had it once when I was in the Navy and in Wagga to do a course.

I went to RSL on the Friday night for a feed and a couple of beers. On Saturday morning I deadset couldn't get out of bed. I eventually had to just fall out onto the floor and drag myself to the toilet and shower. The evolution of showering and then dressing took me about an hour. I ached all over, was sweating like a pig , shaking and it felt like my throat had closed up. I had no strength.

The first aid post was only 50 meters from my cabin and it took me about 15 minutes to get to it. Being a weekend, there was really no-one around to assist me or get help for me.

It was an important course that I was there for and by Monday I was now only half dead so dragged myself along to the classroom. I informed them that I was ill. One of the other attendees worked with me in Canberra, he was a WO1 in the Army, he had done 23 years and had never had a single sick day off in that time. A record he was immensely proud of, he was in his early 50s (I was in my late 20s). I put him in hospital for 2 weeks. He was dark on me for that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back