Opinion Do you guys actually like this club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Spuddd

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
There seems to be a swell around these boards, one of negativity and a general feel of giving up - that we can't win this final, our players are overrated, our coaches are no good.

How many of you guys are paid up members? If you are, do you have the same opinion as the above - or is it just a bunch of trolls on this board?

There seems to be a swell around these boards, one of negativity and a general feel of giving up - that we can't win this final, our players are overrated, our coaches are no good.

How many of you guys are paid up members? If you are, do you have the same opinion as the above - or is it just a bunch of trolls on this board?

You are the only genuine supporter mate.

Love the club, hate the s**t they're producing atm, anyway, are you anti free speach or something? That's a really weird OP

Love the club, hate the sh*t they're producing atm, anyway, are you anti free speach or something? That's a really weird OP
I think these a difference between having an opinion on the way the team is performing (which you may think is poor) and a general feeling that we can't win a game.

It's possible to be critical and positive at the same time.

I think these a difference between having an opinion on the way the team is performing (which you may think is poor) and a general feeling that we can't win a game.

Trust me, I admire your loyalty but we arn't winning against WC, they played with us last time and will do it again in front of their home crowd

The general feel is that we have been mediocre to below par all year, so why all of a sudden - with no real adjustments - would we become world beaters in 9 days time?

The more pertinent question is do you think we will win based on genuine critical thinking and analysis or because you clap at the TV more than the rest of us?

Collingwood is in my DNA. Has been for 40 years.

In saying that I have fallen out of love with the club a little bit over the last few years and it has materialised in a lot more negativity about the club.

Just so sick of every year being plagued by injury and off field dramas with players stuffing up and contract drama.

I think that the 2018 GF loss & the Prelim loss to GWS last year still haunt me too. Still not sure how we let those ones slip.

I'm not confident next week but I will still be tuning it and yelling my guts out in the hope we can cause an upset.

Go Pies!

Runs deeper than just bigfooty fans. The bloody coaches will probably give up on some players and cut them in a month or two...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to the OP, you are only a true supporter if you have no criticism about the club and how it goes about things on and off the field. You are also only a true supporter if you are a paid member.

Thank you OP for clearing that up. I feel much better about things now.

Love the club, hate the sh*t they're producing atm, anyway, are you anti free speach or something? That's a really weird OP

and the Negative ones are always Louder then the Postive ones

Isn’t that just a different opinion, that’s the beauty of it.

The club - Yes.

It does not necessarily mean, you like every president or every coach or every player.

The common objective is to win Premierships. There may be a difference of opinion about how get there. I wouldn’t think less of a supporter because they don’t like an aspect of the club - so long as it’s not personal and can be backed up.

Tough decisions are made all the time -

Tony Shaw has to be sacked for MM to be appointed.

it would have been tough letting Starcevich leave the club but that’s part of how we landed Buckley

Francis/Russell recruited at the start of 1990

Ball/Jolly in 2010

May the banter and difference of opinion continue

I hate this club that’s why I :

- buy a membership each year
- buy merchandise
- go to games / watch games
- skip on events to watch games
- spend hours daily on BigFooty talking about Collingwood

But since I’m not always kissing Bucks & Eddies feet, I’m a horrible supporter
😂
Yep I too am like you but have to add:

1. Went to every game Tony Shaw coached.
  2. Disliked Malthouse (and still do).
  3. Think that Eddie may have to resign, needs new leadership.
  4. Think that Harvey has been there too long.
  5. Believe Buckley can coach.

Gee may have to reconsider my membership.

Nah just kidding, that is what footy is all about, opinions and I love being Collingwood supporter.

Omg another one of these supporters who thinks any criticism of the club is bad and questioning players and coaches is trolling, please give me a break. Yes I’m a member and I’m pissed at 2 flags since 1958, it’s pathetic and I’ll question my club and players no mater what certain posters on here say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back