Do You Have A Second Team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 26, 2022
Cork
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton Cork GAA Montreal Canadiens
As per the thread title does anyone else have a soft spot for another club? Mine would be Fitzroy.

I don't think there's any conflict of interest there, seeing that the AFL did disgracefully kick them out of the competition!

I don't mind the Roos either. I like the blue and white colour scheme, and there's the Ron Barassi and Brent Crosswell connection as well.

Both the Fitzroy and North Melbourne guernseys are the nicest after the Carlton one imo.

No. But there may be a season where I follow a team a little more closely because I like a player, or there is a story behind the team that interests me.

It's becoming rarer in the men's game, but this season I enjoyed watching the Swans in the AFLW because of their improvement from a winless season last year, and the attractive style of football they played.

The Brions.

Hey OP any insight on Liam O'Connell, Cork native rookied at Moorabbin?
He was a pretty decent prospect for Cork at Gaelic football. Hopefully he'll do well for your mob anyway. I think both ourselves and Melbourne were interested in signing him as well.

Being born and growing in the inner west of Sydney to a Hawthorn mad family, I really wanted to love GWS as my second team, but I just can't quite manage it. I just see them as a club gifted everything and doing not a whole lot with it. Just how many top 10 picks have they had since their inception? It feels endless.

If I were a Freo supporter I would feel so hard done by.

My sister has married a hard core Pie, so I guess they are my second team, because I will be taking those kids to an awful lot of Collingwood matches over the next few decades.

Being born and growing in the inner west of Sydney to a Hawthorn mad family, I really wanted to love GWS as my second team, but I just can't quite manage it. I just see them as a club gifted everything and doing not a whole lot with it. Just how many top 10 picks have they had since their inception? It feels endless.

If I were a Freo supporter I would feel so hard done by.

My sister has married a hard core Pie, so I guess they are my second team, because I will be taking those kids to an awful lot of Collingwood matches over the next few decades.
That explains you constant s**t-posting … and I was just warming to you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As per the thread title does anyone else have a soft spot for another club? Mine would be Fitzroy.

I don't think there's any conflict of interest there, seeing that the AFL did disgracefully kick them out of the competition!

I don't mind the Roos either. I like the blue and white colour scheme, and there's the Ron Barassi and Brent Crosswell connection as well.

Both the Fitzroy and North Melbourne guernseys are the nicest after the Carlton one imo.

Carlton Reserves

Before Adelaide joined, footy followers in SA followed a VFL team and a SANFL team. After Adelaide joined, many dropped their VFL team to become Cows supporters - there's probably some Adelaide fans whose second team is the team they followed before Adelaide entered the comp. I stuck with the Blues, but do consider the Cows my second team due to going to so many of their games with mates, and also because I support Glenelg in the SANFL (and so hate Port), and Cows are the anti-Port.

Even dodoro could of built a good list with the ridiculous amount of draft picks and concessions given to GWS. That's why the giants are my second team - they have been guaranteed success and as a Bombers supporter I am starving for some.

Dodoro could not make a good list even if the 10 best players in each draft danced naked in front of him while wearing a teacosy on their heads.

Dodoro could not make a good list even if the 10 best players in each draft danced naked in front of him while wearing a teacosy on their heads.

Maybe not but a northern academy would definitely help 😉

Remove this Banner Ad

Back