Do You Have A Second Team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Then you guys should have relocated when you had the chance ā€¦. Gold Coast sun bombers
Mate I think we would get more people to our games than a few clubs even as the Bangkok Bombers. We are pretty loyal supporters.

But ultimately I am ok without the unfair advantages. Winning with them would leave me feeling empty. And I care about the integrity of the competition.

Mate I think we would get more people to our games than a few clubs even as the Bangkok Bombers. We are pretty loyal supporters.

But ultimately I am ok without the unfair advantages. Winning with them would leave me feeling empty. And I care about the integrity of the competition.
An Essendon fan talking about the integrity of the competition lol!:grinv1::laughv1:

As per the thread title does anyone else have a soft spot for another club? Mine would be Fitzroy.

I don't think there's any conflict of interest there, seeing that the AFL did disgracefully kick them out of the competition!

I don't mind the Roos either. I like the blue and white colour scheme, and there's the Ron Barassi and Brent Crosswell connection as well.

Both the Fitzroy and North Melbourne guernseys are the nicest after the Carlton one imo.
No.

There are teams I dislike less than others, teams I am indifferent to, and teams I prefer to win over others teams I don't like, thats as far as it goes.

the cats! have always had a soft spot for them, remember as a youngling, the 1994 game when Salmon kicked 10 and Ablett kicked 14, epic game, the cats made an impression on me.

Essendon been deplorable since 2004, can you blame me for having a team to enjoy in the meantime?? I feel like i've been watching an underdone VFL side trying to convince me they are an AFL side.

this is the same for me with other sports as well. You'll be miserable otherwise.

Last edited:
the cats! have always had a soft spot for them, remember as a youngling, the 1994 game when Salmon kicked 10 and Ablett kicked 14, epic game, the cats made an impression on me.

Essendon been deplorable since 2004, can you blame me for having a team to enjoy in the meantime?? I feel like i've been watching an underdone VFL side trying to convince me they are an AFL side.

this is the same for me with other sports as well. You'll be miserable otherwise.
There's a Bombers fan i know on another site who supports Everton as his EPL team.

Essendon and Everton now that's what you call a combination of sporting misery!:laughv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last year I moved across to live in Adelaide and found that as far as media goes, no other team exists apart from Crows and Power.

As I hate Port more than season ending ACL injuries, I had no choice but to follow Adelaide.
The enemy of my enemy, is my friend.

Also listening to Crow supporters singing the Collingwood theme song at the showdown, was a touch of class.

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back