Opinion Do you have an unhealthy hatred towards Hawthorn?

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't stand them l hope you smash the sh.. Out of them next week.

The only thing that will be getting smashed next week is scooter smashing a tackle bag with mitchells face on it

I want to not just beat Hawthorn Friday week, I want to absolutely HUMILIATE them. I want the game over by quarter time and then I want us to absolutely bury them. I want them to have to stick Hodge back on Menzel, who still kicks four on him in a half. I want Mitchell to come off second best when throwing a pointy knee in for once and I want Alastair Clarkson to put holes in the coaches' box till it looks like swiss cheese.

And then I want Hawthorn to win their way through the Semi and the Prelim, and then I want to utterly humiliate them all over again.

I want to not just beat Hawthorn Friday week, I want to absolutely HUMILIATE them. I want the game over by quarter time and then I want us to absolutely bury them. I want them to have to stick Hodge back on Menzel, who still kicks four on him in a half. I want Mitchell to come off second best when throwing a pointy knee in for once and I want Alastair Clarkson to put holes in the coaches' box till it looks like swiss cheese.

And then I want Hawthorn to win their way through the Semi and the Prelim, and then I want to utterly humiliate them all over again.
No way out in straight sets is way better.

On one condition - halfway through Hodge starts grimacing and favouring one leg. Because he's so gutsy and selfless and courageous and stuff. It invariably occurs once he's either a) getting beaten, or b) they're about to lose.

14364756_1264706203561454_632725868956768308_n.jpg

Nope. Enjoy your summer campaigners :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing unhealthy about my hatred at all... It all started back in 1989 and was enhanced after the game that resulted in the AFL changing the rules in 2008...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Sun shines a little brighter and I feel genuine relief to know we don't have to watch them again in 2016.

Although I would have loved to smash them October 1st

I made a terrible mistake typing the previous post.

I have learned the error of my ways.

Let's hope the Hawks stay around 15th for years to come. Generations tbh, just to break the cycle of their arrogant supporters being so goddamn entitled.

Last edited:
After seeing that loss I feel sorry for the Hawks players and supporters. Personally, I don't want to see them fall off a cliff. I like the rivalry these two clubs have. I like the villain roles that each team's stars play for opposition supporters. And I for one will be sad when Hodge and Mitchell retire, because no one else is carrying that pride or anger in their team. No one else seems to have that will or drive.

The history and behaviour of our two teams creates more of a rivalry and spectacle than any of these succeeding teams. I've always thought that the Cats are Hawks have been two sides of the same coin. Tough players, great games, rising above the bullshit of equalising the game.

I hope JOM goes to the Hawks and the Cats and the Hawks create spectacles from the top of the ladder for years to come.

I have no sympathy

After seeing that loss I feel sorry for the Hawks players and supporters. Personally, I don't want to see them fall off a cliff. I like the rivalry these two clubs have. I like the villain roles that each team's stars play for opposition supporters. And I for one will be sad when Hodge and Mitchell retire, because no one else is carrying that pride or anger in their team. No one else seems to have that will or drive.

The history and behaviour of our two teams creates more of a rivalry and spectacle than any of these succeeding teams. I've always thought that the Cats are Hawks have been two sides of the same coin. Tough players, great games, rising above the bullshit of equalising the game.

I hope JOM goes to the Hawks and the Cats and the Hawks create spectacles from the top of the ladder for years to come.
And I hope we win them bloody all.

Quite seriously, if we were talking about a similar rivalry with the Dogs, the Saints, hell even the Pies, I would actually share your sympathies - but Hawthorn have always been a club that I have associated with arrogant nastiness. Apart from some jelly-soft little period in the 90s, Hawthorn sides have been filled with people unafraid to target anyone off or behind the play, and bend the rules around the edges to advantage their club wherever they can. It's a club with courageous people willing to take the hit when it's their turn (sorry Dipper), but also a club that's more than happy to whack anyone whenever they can (Brereton, Matthews, Mitchell, Hodge, Lewis and I believe that Tucky may have developed a bit of a sharp elbow).

I also associate Hawthorn with the born-to-rule mentality that seems to accompany their club. It's a club that has had its fan base in Old Scotch and Old Xavs (I went to a similar school, so there's a bit of self-hatred there ;) ) . It's the club of Kennett, the club Carlton supporters join when they finally realise that they're not Dick Pratt. It's why they're now trying to pick the eyes out of great young players first, and worry about stumping up the price later.

And for all that born-to-rule, they have been born to rule. The longest gap between flags once they won one was just 17 years - a mere generation. If you turned fifty this year (i.e. born in 1966), you would have seen flags at 5, 10, 12, 17, 20, 22, 23, 25, 42 (what a gap), 47, 48 and 49. You don't appreciate what it is to really enjoy and emotionally invest in footy if you're used to winning. That's obvious by watching a lot of the changes on this board from 2007 onwards - people get used to success. The abnormal becomes normal.

It's why I want them to fall, and fall badly. Hawthorn as a footy club don't know what it's like to follow the Dees, the Saints, the Dogs, or us or the Swans before we both broke droughts. That's why - just within this board - I would love to see them fall.

Yes I do have assessments that I am putting off as I write this.

And I hope we win them bloody all.

Quite seriously, if we were talking about a similar rivalry with the Dogs, the Saints, hell even the Pies, I would actually share your sympathies - but Hawthorn have always been a club that I have associated with arrogant nastiness. Apart from some jelly-soft little period in the 90s, Hawthorn sides have been filled with people unafraid to target anyone off or behind the play, and bend the rules around the edges to advantage their club wherever they can. It's a club with courageous people willing to take the hit when it's their turn (sorry Dipper), but also a club that's more than happy to whack anyone whenever they can (Brereton, Matthews, Mitchell, Hodge, Lewis and I believe that Tucky may have developed a bit of a sharp elbow).

I also associate Hawthorn with the born-to-rule mentality that seems to accompany their club. It's a club that has had its fan base in Old Scotch and Old Xavs (I went to a similar school, so there's a bit of self-hatred there ;) ) . It's the club of Kennett, the club Carlton supporters join when they finally realise that they're not Dick Pratt. It's why they're now trying to pick the eyes out of great young players first, and worry about stumping up the price later.

And for all that born-to-rule, they have been born to rule. The longest gap between flags once they won one was just 17 years - a mere generation. If you turned fifty this year (i.e. born in 1966), you would have seen flags at 5, 10, 12, 17, 20, 22, 23, 25, 42 (what a gap), 47, 48 and 49. You don't appreciate what it is to really enjoy and emotionally invest in footy if you're used to winning. That's obvious by watching a lot of the changes on this board from 2007 onwards - people get used to success. The abnormal becomes normal.

It's why I want them to fall, and fall badly. Hawthorn as a footy club don't know what it's like to follow the Dees, the Saints, the Dogs, or us or the Swans before we both broke droughts. That's why - just within this board - I would love to see them fall.

Yes I do have assessments that I am putting off as I write this.

I take every single thing I said back.

Your post didn't sway my opinion, it destroyed it.

What a stupid, momentary lapse in judgement to type what I did, urgh. There is a sour taste in my mouth now.

Your reasoning was not just an alternative viewpoint, it was literally the moment an apple fell out of a tree and hit Newton on the head.

Thanks Evil Jez.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back