Do you have faith & trust in the AFL currently ?

Do you have faith & trust in the AFL currently ?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

RJK Tiger

Club Legend
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Very simple Question guys.

Do you have faith in the AFL currently to behave to the standards they breach? This goes for on-field & off-field. Do we believe they act in the best interest of its people, its supporters & the overall integrity of the game?

Please vote with some thought. This might just be another Bigfooty thread, but its also a documented moment in time of how we all really feel. We know there are AFL people and journalist that patrol these boards - its time for the supporters to speak up & a call for the league to "Be Better"

Robroy22

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
Jindabyne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Central Broken Hill (Magpies)
Very simple answer. When did we ever TRUST or have faith in them?
They're in it to make money...nothing else matters.

PS....my total distrust in the AFL (then VFL) began in July, 1972 when they allowed Jimmy O'Dea to play on (suspended only 10 weeks) after he'd put Johnny Greening in a coma with a gutless "king hit".

10 weeks for almost killing a bloke nah that was enough.

golions

Team Captain
Jul 10, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Have lost all interest in the GF now. And all the stuff about whether Dunkley will come to us or how we sort out our midfield/defensive structure/forward line seem pretty irrelevant in the bigger scheme of things. Who cares.

Also ******* sick of the gambling and crypto ads shoved down our throats and the game we all love being transferred away from free to air TV (I have Kayo but feel dirty about it)

Last edited:

RJK Tiger

Club Legend
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
All Australians must do better, not just the AFL. The Hawthorn story is our national wake-up call.

I don't think thats true and i physically thew a pillow at my TV when i heard the AFL say that this is a Australian problem, not an AFL one.

That is BULLSHIT.

I am SICK of the scum of this country dragging us all down with it. I am not a racist & neither are my family. Yes I am sure this story is not an isolated incident in our country, but lets stop giving all the shame of some to all of us. That is not the case - i know so many people in Australia who are on the right path - lets not let them dodge accountability by trying to act like this is bigger than AFL.

It's not. This turd is on their doorstep & considering the amount of "equality" propaganda they s**t down our throat all the time, they need to own this themselves

Last edited:

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
I don't think thats true and i physically thew a pillow at my TV when i heard the AFL say that this is a Australian problem, not an AFL one.

That is BULLSHIT.

I am SICK of the scum of this country dragging us all down with it. I am not a racist & neither are my family. Yes I am sure this story is not an isolated incident in our country, but lets stop giving all the shame of some to all of us. That is not the case - i know so many people in Australia who are on the right path - lets not let them dodge accountability by trying to act like this is bigger than AFL.

It's not. This turd is on their doorstep & considering the amount of "equality" propaganda they s**t down our throat all the time, they need to own this themselves
SHocking's bare-faced manipulation of the rules to make kick-mark possesion sides stronger, then immediately leaving for Geelong did it for me.

I won't really enjoy the game ever again unless STAND is removed.

Ticking off 'the ball clearly goes over the top of the post' was a bare-faced lie too.

(I know you are more talking about the deeper and darker bits, EFC drug scandal, the online gambling, racism etc.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dangerousfield

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
faith and trust in the AFL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The AFL has transformed from being the custodian of the game to a sinister and corrupt Old Boys Club. It operates as a money making exercise to reward execs and provide cushy jobs for past players.

If you are reading this but haven't read Michael Warner's book 'The Boys Club' then you are seriously lacking in knowledge to follow the game.

The game is run full of hypocrisy, image polishing, dodgy deals etc it makes me sick. I would love for the current Hawks crisis to be proved absolutely true just to see how the AFL weasels it's way out of blame.

faith and trust in the AFL hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Principally

All Australian
Aug 25, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Seen the AFL front page? As of now not one single article or mention of the Hawthorn story. Not one. Can't have it interfering with the Grand Final now can we. Push it aside til next week most likely.

a_fighting_fury

Premiership Player
May 7, 2007
Yarra Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Regular unnecessary rule changes 🤮
Bombardment with gambling ads 🤮
Umpires flakey “interpretation” of the rules 🤮
Umpires weekly enforcement / abandonment of these rules 🤮
The ARC debacle, what a shambles 🤮

If it wasn’t for the love of my own club and what it stands for I wouldn’t even be following this game.

Can the AFL go a season without loosing fans due to their incompetence and/or corruption?

RJK Tiger

Club Legend
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Regular unnecessary rule changes 🤮
Bombardment with gambling ads 🤮
Umpires flakey “interpretation” of the rules 🤮
Umpires weekly enforcement / abandonment of these rules 🤮
The ARC debacle, what a shambles 🤮

If it wasn’t for the love of my own club and what it stands for I wouldn’t even be following this game.

Can the AFL go a season without loosing fans due to their incompetence and/or corruption?

This is pretty much me in a nutshell too.

If what was happening to the Hawks happened to Richmond, i would likely be done with the game

Boxhead_31

Rompinwins is my Chauffeur
Oct 12, 2007
This Drinking Team has a Football Problem
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
South BHFL, 49ers
SHocking's bare-faced manipulation of the rules to make kick-mark possesion sides stronger, then immediately leaving for Geelong did it for me.

I won't really enjoy the game ever again unless STAND is removed.

Ticking off 'the ball clearly goes over the top of the post' was a bare-faced lie too.

(I know you are more talking about the deeper and darker bits, EFC drug scandal, the online gambling, racism etc.)
I lost all respect for the AFL when Brendan Gale was in charge of the AFLPA and did SFA to assist Ezra Bray

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Only voted yes to see the results, cos I don't really feel I have enough intel to answer such a sweeping statement. But I don't completely trust them.

BigPond101

All Australian
Suspended
Mar 18, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yes. The AFL is a great organisation and anyone of any race who is drafted has got more opportunity and privilage than 99.999 % of society. As basic human rights like owning a house become more impossible for anyone but the top 1 % this advantage only increases

killtaker1993

All Australian
Sep 17, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide

That is BULLSHIT.

The AFL is a microcosm of Australian society. It is up to every single one of us to call out and condemn racism and punish those responsible. If not, you are just as bad if not worse than the perpetrators. We ALL must do better