Do you have many eagles friends ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Couple of years ago I was at Lake Como in Italy waiting in a queue for a ferry. Heard a guy behind me talking Aussie so I said g'day. We got chatting and when I said I was from Perth he asked who I followed in the footy. I told him Freo and he just launched into this tirade about how sh*t we were and how crappy our coach was. I think they still have a long way to go before they forgive us for knocking them out of the finals a couple of times :)

Just shows, you can find haters anywhere in the world!

This reminds me of a situation about 10 years ago when I went over to Sydney and Melbourne for a gig. I got chatting to some people (I think it was in Melbourne) and when I said I was from Perth they asked me who I support. They were gobsmacked when I said Freo. It is almost like they didn't actually believe we actually had any supporters.

I'm a Packer season ticket holder. If you can make it to Wisconsin/Illinois during the season, I'll take you to a game. :)
I really like the game, do get ok coverage over here. Still no idea of the rules . And if i ever do get there would love to make it a reality.
What is the AFL Coverage like in the states? I heard it was like one game a week but that was a long time ago.

I really like the game, do get ok coverage over here. Still no idea of the rules . And if i ever do get there would love to make it a reality.
What is the AFL Coverage like in the states? I heard it was like one game a week but that was a long time ago.

We get two-three games per week (almost never Freo), but I get the digital freo membership, which includes a subscription to WatchAFL (foxfooty) so I can watch every AFL and AFLW game, every program (360, footy tonight, on the couch, bounce, etc), and all finals. It's quite a sweet deal. Everything is on demand so I don't have to wake up in the middle of the night to watch. But sometimes I like to do it so I can post here in the game day thread as it's happening. It almost makes me feel like I have Freo friends. lol. Plus I get a broken freo pin, some cheap, wrinkled freo stickers, and a $10 gift card for the shop (which I can't go to) with my freo membership. Super awesome. haha.

We get two-three games per week (almost never Freo), but I get the digital freo membership, which includes a subscription to WatchAFL (foxfooty) so I can watch every AFL and AFLW game, every program (360, footy tonight, on the couch, bounce, etc), and all finals. It's quite a sweet deal. Everything is on demand so I don't have to wake up in the middle of the night to watch. But sometimes I like to do it so I can post here in the game day thread as it's happening. It almost makes me feeOh thatl like I have Freo friends. lol. Plus I get a broken freo pin, some cheap, wrinkled freo stickers, and a $10 gift card for the shop (which I can't go to) with my freo membership. Super awesome. haha.
That's brilliant . Yes sounds like my world fox footy is on and stay's on . Being a freo fan is hard work at times. Just hoping it turns postive sooner than later. Hope you have a great weekend ahead and let's hope it's time for a freo win on Sunday.

I really like the game, do get ok coverage over here. Still no idea of the rules .

Look up the basics and then just watch some games a bit closer. You'll pick it up.

Look up the basics and then just watch some games a bit closer. You'll pick it up.
I’d be surprised if anyone who didn’t know the rules could learn them from watching week to week footy. Umps and MRO are that inconsistent it really does feel like they make the rules up as they go.

I’d be surprised if anyone who didn’t know the rules could learn them from watching week to week footy. Umps and MRO are that inconsistent it really does feel like they make the rules up as they go.

He was talking about NFL.

Nope, no eagle supporting friends....or docker supporting friends for that matter...or regular footy watching friends...

Ahhhh fu** me, I'm a loser.
Are there many AFL-following sports fans in the US?

Two of my best friends are Eagles supporters, and both enjoy taking the knife out at any opportunity that arises within some football banter. Although, one has not discussed football with me for some months, and I believe that he is slightly embarrassed by the slime's recent showings at present! Mwuahahahahaha!

I've got friends and family that support the Eagles and everyone of them from young to old defended Gaff while condemning Barry Hall.For a few of them their worst nightmare is Freo being better than the Eagles,,they all have one thing in common ,they disappear when the club is shithouse

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah got some Eagles friends. It’s all good banter tbh but the last derby they didn’t even give me s**t as they felt sorry for me and that’s the worst.

I have one. I tolerate him. I enjoy the texts when they are losing :)
I used to work with a lovely nurse is a huge WC fan. As a going away present for me, she once bought a Pavlich Bobble-head....Said it was the hardest purchase she had ever made.
Funny the Pavlich bobble head kinda fell apart during the 2016 season.........must have been an omen.
When Gaff slugged Andy my FB friends list had a huge clean out....Lots of Gaff apologists suddenly were unfriended, never to return.

Last edited:
I have one. I tolerate him. I enjoy the texts when they are losing :)
I used to work with a lovely nurse is a huge WC fan. As a going away present for me, she once bought a Pavlich Bobble-head....Said it was the hardest purchase she had ever made.
Funny the Pavlich bobble head kinda fell apart during the 2016 season.........must have been an omen.
When Gaff slugged Andy my FB friends list had a huge clean out....Lots of Gaff apologists suddenly were unfriended, never to return.
When Gaff slugged Andy my FB friends list had a huge clean out.
Same thing happened to me and i took it quite personally. Don't hide who i am, anyone who talks footy with me know's my love for freo is very intense. I guess on reflection it doesn't matter that much but at the time it did.

Are there many AFL-following sports fans in the US?

The only place I’ve ever met an AFL-watching American is at the national USAFL tournament. There’s a team here in Chicago (the Swans) but they aren’t great. It’s not a lot of high performing athletes and the skill level isn’t much. They have fun though and if I were 10 years younger I’d be out there too. I’ve been looking to find another AFL fan but haven’t found one near me in 8 years of watching footy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’ll let you know later on, when/if the campaigners respond to yesterday’s series of texts!

Probably depends on how much they like Gaff.

One of my mates is an eagles supporter, but we also both support* Tottenham. He refuses to belittle or make fun of me because he understands the pain and torment of supporting a team with passion that continuously rips your heart out. Plus he realises supporting such a club inadvertently has a direct case to alcoholism and nihilism.

*He's more Spurs/eagles. I'm more Freo/Spurs**

**Bloody tough combination and I highly recommend avoiding it at all costs. I supported the Western Force too :disrelieved:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back