Do you like Phil Collins?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, but there's no chance he'd last more than a year now.
I was saying on another thread on here how he put a brick under Trevor Barkers brake pedal and he crashed his car.
You'd probably get delisted for that s**t now.
Yeah he's at the far end of the spectrum, absolutely batshit crazy. There's "good" crazy and there's "bad" crazy and Jacko was the bad kind.

Haha Yeah Jacko. I love how Bob Murphy is such a character and so different cause he's got sideburns, can you imagine if Jacko was playing today. True nutcase.
The media bemoan the lack of characters while getting ready to crucify them

Every nice word they say about Clarko is through gritted teeth and he's now forced to act like a robot to avoid becoming their next headline. I miss the old days when he was belting walls n' people and calling journos ********s.

It is strange how the AFL and the media want everyone to be more accessible and do more interviews but absolutely no single player or coach interview is worth watching at all because you already know the standard answers they'll say.
Yet if someone speaks their mind just slightly they're hammered for it.
So all we get now is hours more airtime of white noise(afl jargon)

Well that's good enough for me. Jimmy is a God and a gentleman.
The story I heard was that Phil rang Jimmy not long after the death of John Bonham and said that he would join Led Zeppelin and that he should accept because he was the better drummer.
And then he followed that up with the Live Aid debacle.

The story I heard was that Phil rang Jimmy not long after the death of John Bonham and said that he would join Led Zeppelin and that he should accept because he was the better drummer.
And then he followed that up with the Live Aid debacle.
Yeah that was a poor performance. there + what an arrogant rude campaigner.

Yeah that was a poor performance. there + what an arrogant rude campaigner.
Yes. In the interview Page said that Bonham wasn't just our drummer he was also our friend. You just can't waltz in and replace someone like that, no matter how good of a drummer you think you are.

Years later I saw a documentary where Phil Collins took a swipe back at Led Zeppelin. He said that Genesis had booked time at Headley Grange to record tracks for their album The Lamb Lies down on Broadway. Led Zeppelin had just left after recording tracks for Physical Graffiti. He said that Led Zeppelin had trashed the place and that Bonham's bedroom was disgusting, full of trash and empty bottles. Nice one Phil :mad: No hard feelings :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yes. In the interview Page said that Bonham wasn't just our drummer he was also our friend. You just can't waltz in and replace someone like that, no matter how good of a drummer you think you are.

Years later I saw a documentary where Phil Collins took a swipe back at Led Zeppelin. He said that Genesis had booked time at Headley Grange to record tracks for their album The Lamb Lies down on Broadway. Led Zeppelin had just left after recording tracks for Physical Graffiti. He said that Led Zeppelin had trashed the place and that Bonham's bedroom was disgusting, full of trash and empty bottles. Nice one Phil :mad: No hard feelings :rolleyes:

Not exactly an explosive revelation from Phil.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This episode was done in retaliation to Phil Collins (for the boring song from Tarzan) beating out Trey and Matt (for the awesome Blame Canada) for the Best Original Song Oscar.

Woooaaah, Collins really let rip huh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back