Mod. Notice Do you like The Simpsons or Cards Against Humanity?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 19, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
S.A Spurs, Liverpool
Hi fellow BF Roos,

My name’s Yianni. Some of you may know me from this board, I post now and then and I've been here long enough (15 years this month!)

I’m also a professional stand up comedian. With Comedy Festival coming up, I asked the mods if I could let you guys know about the two shows I’m doing this coming month and offer a discount to anyone from our board who wants to come along.

COMEDIANS AGAINST HUMANITY
An interactive, improvised hour of chaos fun.

Every audience member gets three white Cards Against Humanity cards. Each night, I host three guest comedians. We use the audience cards to generate topics then challenge our guest comedians to create material on the spot.

If you want an idea of what it's like, here's a clip from one of the shows we did in Fremantle.

THE SIMPSONS TAUGHT ME EVERYTHING I KNOW
A hilarious and cromulent look at a lifetime spent quoting, referencing and learning from The Simpsons. Can an obsessive knowledge of the world's longest running cartoon embiggen one's understanding or is that unpossible?

Contains impersonations, stories, jokes and videos about one of the best TV shows of all time.

Here's a one minute clip from when I did the show in Perth

If anyone’s interested, there are other clips on my Youtube page

I’m happy to offer discounts if any of you wanted to come along.

The usual Wed, Thu and Sun price for Comedians Against Humanity is $23 but if you enter the codeword ‘OHTHEHUMANITY’ you can get tickets for $20.

The codewords only work when booking through Trybooking (i.e not through Ticketmaster. Don't book through them anyway, both punter and producer pay higher booking fees)

I can’t offer a discount on Simpsons, but tickets to that are only $22. Alternatively, all Tuesday or group (5 or more people) tickets are either $20 (Comedians Against Humanity) or $18 (Simpsons) so if a few of you want to come you could save a bit. It’s always fun to meet some people from BF in real life too!

Thanks for your time and thanks to the mods for indulging me. Let's smash the Crows this weekend and if I don’t see you at Comedy Festival, I'll see you when I fly back to see us in the Granny later this year!

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
S.A Spurs, Liverpool
Simpsons.

Also, are you mates with Damo Clark. Aka Grand theft Damo?

Do you mean THIS Damo Clark?

12268589_10153716517232421_741409814_o.jpg

dus

Premiership Player
May 14, 2002
Poker Table
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Yes. Toms Prong. Haha.

I'm good mates with his brother. Follow all Damo's material, it's genuinely hilarious.

Good luck with your shows mate.

Mar 19, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
S.A Spurs, Liverpool
Yes. Toms Prong. Haha.

I'm good mates with his brother. Follow all Damo's material, it's genuinely hilarious.

Good luck with your shows mate.

Thanks mate. Yeah, Damo is hilarious and a genuinely nice person. Ha, Tom's prong. Now THAT was a Facebook group!

Marksup

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Did you do the Cards against humanity one at the Adelaide Fringe. I remember seeing it and was so close to going to it, would have if I'd known it was one of our own!

Mar 19, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
S.A Spurs, Liverpool
Did you do the Cards against humanity one at the Adelaide Fringe. I remember seeing it and was so close to going to it, would have if I'd known it was one of our own!

No, I think those guys are 'Improv against Humanity' I haven't seen their show, but from what I understand they do it in a group with the same cast every night. I get guest stand ups and myself who perform solo.

I did this show at Perth Fringe but not Adelaide.

Marksup

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No, I think those guys are 'Improv against Humanity' I haven't seen their show, but from what I understand they do it in a group with the same cast every night. I get guest stand ups and myself who perform solo.

I did this show at Perth Fringe but not Adelaide.

Any reason you don't do Adelaide? Only time the town is buzzing is when fringe is on...

Mar 19, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
S.A Spurs, Liverpool
Any reason you don't do Adelaide? Only time the town is buzzing is when fringe is on...

I did it last year. Selling tickets was a real challenge, in direct opposition to Perth Fringe. There's so much on, which is great for crowds, but difficult for artists. So I decided to skip it this year. Seemed like a good decision from afar, lots of people had a really hard time of it this year.

Shame though, I really liked Adelaide as a city last year.

Jun 29, 2014
The Pub
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
AFL ASIA Myanmar Fighting utensils
I did it last year. Selling tickets was a real challenge, in direct opposition to Perth Fringe. There's so much on, which is great for crowds, but difficult for artists. So I decided to skip it this year. Seemed like a good decision from afar, lots of people had a really hard time of it this year.

When are you performing in perth next? I'd happily travel up to the city to see your show

Mar 19, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
S.A Spurs, Liverpool
When are you performing in perth next? I'd happily travel up to the city to see your show

4th-7th of May.

Details are HERE

Perth has treated me well every time I've been there. Lovely city.

Where do you live? How far out of the city? WA gets very big very fast!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 29, 2014
The Pub
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
4th-7th of May.

Details are HERE

I was living in perth but moved to busselton bout 3 hours down south. Better fishing down here ;). It's more of a holiday beach town but i live out of the town on a decent sized property where i can store all my timber and have a huge workshop and several storage sheds. Suits me perfectly

Jun 29, 2014
The Pub
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
4th-7th of May.

Details are HERE

Ill head up for one of those, not sure which one yet. But ill let you know.

I used to want to be a comedian, but due to other people telling me I'm not as funny as i think i am i decided against it. I saw your shuting down a heckler video on your youtube page and it brought up memories when that happened to me (as the heckler) although it went back and fourth a few times before i was destroyed by the comedian.

In my defense he ASKED for opinions in his skit... i didn't randomly just shout out a stupid comment

Mar 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Gday Yianni, wishing you all the best mate. Any of you fellow BF's here thinking of going, then do so. I had the pleasure seeing and having a good yarn with Yianni a couple of years ago when he visited Oslo town.......highly recommend.

Hey Yianni, I see the guide says Suitable for 16+. Would my 10 and 12 year olds learn a lot of bad words or highly inappropriate references if we included them?
Haven't they learned enough bad words from your podcast appearances;).

Marksup

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Yeah actually I can imagine that, a few shows I went to didn't really fill out.

Mar 19, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
S.A Spurs, Liverpool
Before I decide whether or not to see one of your shows Yianni, answer me this - how do you go in Brockway, Ogdenville and North Haverbrook?

Well I've sold them all monorails and by gum it's put them on the map.

Too easy that one. Got anything harder?

Mar 19, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
S.A Spurs, Liverpool
Hey Yianni, I see the guide says Suitable for 16+. Would my 10 and 12 year olds learn a lot of bad words or highly inappropriate references if we included them?

Simpsons show is pretty PG, borderline M on some jokes. Comedians Against Humanity less so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back