Do you Really Want Mark Williams As your next Coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

Who said we wanted this bitter Collingwood hater.

MM will be our coach for at least the next 3 years. After that Bucks will be ready

And get the Fuq of our board

no thanks; had codliver oil yesterday; don't need any more punishment. Williams is your problem. If he comes here, a bizillion members will just leave the place.

Let's get our tinted glasses off and have a look at this properly.
Williams is a loudmouth but Eddie will put him on a leash and you cannot deny he is a good coach. If MM (who I tihnk will be around for the next 2 years at least) goes anyway he is a real possibility.
Buckley as our next coach? No thanks I don't want to try out an untried coach, especially when they haven't even tried coaching at an assistant level.
Assuming Buckley retires end of 2006 (he might suprise us and his operation could keep him going until something like 2008) he will need 2/3 years at least as an assistant coach IMO.
Forgive my ignorance but who is Steven?

Alberton_Magpie said:
Collingwood hater=captain of the club :D

If I recall correctly he was only made captain so he didn't leave the club.

Someone else was offering more money, Collingwood gave him the captancy. It was a long time ago he held the post and someone like him would always have his heart at Port because of the family tradition.

Coin_Toss said:
Like Murray said, Buckley would be our next coach after Mick.

Could his sons play for Collingwood one day?

Buckley ?

Let's NOT repeat the Tony Shaw fiasco. If Bucks is to coach he MUST LEAVE and gets some experience as an assistant coach somewhere first. Shawy should've taken the Carlton A/C job he was offered in 1995.
Who knows how different history may have been then ?

Alberton_Magpie said:
because if you do it would be ok because he has done what we asked of him and it doesnt seem like he will do it againt anytime soon.

And just imagine if Steven takes over Port the rivalry between us would increase alot.
You really are a joke, ******** off back to the Port Magpies because Power fans don't want to know you! :mad:

crudbucket said:
Buckley ?

Let's NOT repeat the Tony Shaw fiasco. If Bucks is to coach he MUST LEAVE and gets some experience as an assistant coach somewhere first. Shawy should've taken the Carlton A/C job he was offered in 1995.
Who knows how different history may have been then ?

Shaw was offered the Carlton role in the year the won the flag? I'm confused by this. Care to elaborate?

I think Buckley would make a decent coach. He would be a good communicator, would work them hard on the track and would have some good strategies. He has a great football mind.

Buckley needs to have two or three years as an assistant coach, preferably under a different coach or perhaps coach a VFL side in order to become a succesful AFL coach.
He needs to get some ideas outside of what he's been hearing at Collingwood.
Look at Laidley, left Kangaroos and got a bit of experience from other coaches and has come back to Kangaroos as a pretty good coach so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gavin Brown is the way to go after Mick I think. He's learned the game, he can learn from Malthouse's rights and wrongs, and I think he's what we could use at the club.

jabso said:
Let's get our tinted glasses off and have a look at this properly.
Williams is a loudmouth but Eddie will put him on a leash and you cannot deny he is a good coach. If MM (who I tihnk will be around for the next 2 years at least) goes anyway he is a real possibility.
Buckley as our next coach? No thanks I don't want to try out an untried coach, especially when they haven't even tried coaching at an assistant level.
Assuming Buckley retires end of 2006 (he might suprise us and his operation could keep him going until something like 2008) he will need 2/3 years at least as an assistant coach IMO.
Forgive my ignorance but who is Steven?

Steven is the younger Brother of Mark and played a fantastic career with the Port Magpies and coached them to 3 premierships aswell

ive heard whispers that it will be goodbye mick at the end of 2005 and hello to mark harvery whose been a/c for a few years now at essendon i think

jabso said:
Mark Harvey?
Forgive my blind criticism but no way do I think we should appoint him senior coach.

you know what will happen? We'll appoint Mark Harvey, he'll lead us to TWO wooden spoons, almost ruin us financially, and then run back to Essendon where he'll coach five flags in a row. All part of an elaborate sabotage plan by Sheedy! :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back