Opinion Do you reckon you’re a reasonable supporter?

Do you reckon you’re a reasonable supporter?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

jimmy35

Z Man
Sep 29, 2004
Merimbula
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bengals
Yes very reasonable. I shall always want my beloved Pies to do well and win flag after flag but at a certain point you understand that life is a lot more important than a bunch of players kicking a ball around.
Blend your love of the game and club with your life and you shall find true inner peace.

JB1975

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 26, 2015
Elsewhere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes very reasonable. I shall always want my beloved Pies to do well and win flag after flag but at a certain point you understand that life is a lot more important than a bunch of players kicking a ball around.
Blend your love of the game and club with your life and you shall find true inner peace.
That inner peace thing sounds fantastic, glad the drugs are working for you Jimmy.

My psychology might be better described as a failed state. Having said that, I agree with the temper of your post that getting too worked up by an organisation over which I have no control and a group of people to which I make no contribution is absurd.

Premier Pies

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Black Cats
I must be a bit weird compared to most here I think.

When the Pies lose a match in horrible fashion and stink it up royally, the last thing I feel like doing is getting online to whinge, sook, complain, or abuse sh1t players or sh1t coaches or even argue with other posters. I actually don't even feel like doing that ever as it changes nothing for me. Just wasted energy really.

As an example, I took the kids (11 & 13) to the footy last weekend vs Gold Coast. We left around the 20 minute mark of last qtr to walk back to city to where the car is parked. We just casually talked about things other than footy whilst taking in the sights of the CBD. Don't worry, we were all upset and pissed off about the Pies and what we just witnessed, we just didn't let it bring us down too much.

On the drive home my daughter took control of the music and we sang our hearts out very loudly to many great songs until we arrived home.

So to answer your question 76woodenspooners in a long winded fashion - I absolutely believe I am a reasonable supporter.

jmac70

Premium Platinum
Apr 10, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dan Andrews
I enjoy being bat sh*t crazy.
Upsets so many who are willing to accept the mediocrity that the great club has descended to.
It annoys me that I can see so many things that need rectifying on field that the coaches obviously cannot.
You think you know, but of course you don’t. How could you?

domus

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
I think when you reach the "ultimately it's just a bunch of blokes chasing a ball" attitude, your passion has gone.
You can bleed over your team and still love bouncing your grandkids on your lap , enjoying the sun on your skin, reading good books and smelling the roses.

jimmy35

Z Man
Sep 29, 2004
Merimbula
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bengals
I think when you reach the "ultimately it's just a bunch of blokes chasing a ball" attitude, your passion has gone.
You can bleed over your team and still love bouncing your grandkids on your lap , enjoying the sun on your skin, reading good books and smelling the roses.
No doubt but when I was younger and the Pies lost a game the devastation was week long. That’s no way to live, temper your passion with the real world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad