Do you remember a particular Christmas gift from your childhood?

Remove this Banner Ad

Holy eyesore Batman....Just how corny do those placards look.

They are somehow worse in real life. Photos that look like theyve been filmed with a potato, horribly out of focus and Tubs isnt even centred.

718c5c44f28e70607eb1dcb7b822a985.jpg

996ca2d8f475ba6b7100efbc8974fbf0.jpg

The Grey Nicholls Scoop I got in the 80s still lives at my old man's beach house so that wins by sheer longevity
I still have my Allan Border Duncan Fearnley at my parents house. Always comes out on Christmas Day.

One Christmas, my parents saved up and got me and my 2 brothers 3-speed bikes.
What we got was something like this
1613626706413.png

What we wanted was this
1613626782770.png

Little brother stripped his down and tried to make it into a chopper
Older brother refused to ride his
I used my old bike more, but occasionally the new one

Money was tough, so in retrospect we were ungrateful little shits when we should have been appreciative of our parents going without so we could get new bikes.

My grandfather gave me a Günther Sturmvogel when I was about five. I just googled it and they still make it:

It was honestly the best toy, a fully-functioning sailboat. You could take it into the pool on a windy day and trim the sails, and it would sail right across.

30+ years later I still have it boxed up in the garage, I should totally get it out and rig it up

I had an uncanny knack of knowing what my presents were without having to unwrap them. Some of my memorable guesses were the Batman board game (based on the 89 movie). And another year I knew I was getting a Sega Mega Drive II.............. which I couldn't play until the day after Boxing Day (some campaigner didn't put the A/C adapter in the box lol. So I just stared at it most of the day, until we went down to my cousins... who were given a SNES with Super Mario All-Stars).

One year my mum gave me an orange for Christmas.

Ha, only recently mentioned in the Lego thread, but this. Would've been 9 I reckon
1617233556328.png

Still got it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Each gift my grandparents gave to me has a unique spot in my heart. However, my favorite one is a silver watch that they gave me on my 15th anniversary. It’s an expensive one with small diamonds and a silver belt. As time passes, my grandparents don’t have the strength to go and choose extravagant gifts, still, I don’t even pay attention to this. This year for Christmas, my grandma gifted me 8 pairs of customized socks from getphotoblanket.com. How can you not live such gifts? I think we need to appreciate even the smallest attention.
Did they ever give you a can of Spam ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back