Do you smoke weed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Melbourne when I was growing up it was TWO ciggies to a gram, brutal s**t. People would thumb screw the s**t out of cones too, the spin actually gives it a huge headspin effect if you punch the buge properly which a lot of people really enjoy.

But the flipside to that is you end up addicted to cigarettes too (I smoked choof for nearly two years before i ever tried a cigarette). So I only smoke it green now.

Two ciggies to a gram......OOOOUUUCCHHHHH. Thats harsh man.

I will never smoke spin again in my lifetime. When we were whipper snappers and we were all sitting around smoking....The spin was a good idea. The weed just didnt go around enough times otherwise.
Its a funny thing spin and non spinners. I have a mate that spins his, When I go to his house to watch the UFC or just a catch up and a sess......I have my own bowl and bong at his house hahahahaha.

Two ciggies to a gram......OOOOUUUCCHHHHH. Thats harsh man.

I will never smoke spin again in my lifetime. When we were whipper snappers and we were all sitting around smoking....The spin was a good idea. The weed just didnt go around enough times otherwise.
Its a funny thing spin and non spinners. I have a mate that spins his, When I go to his house to watch the UFC or just a catch up and a sess......I have my own bowl and bong at his house hahahahaha.

Haha reminds me of that show 'The League' when they find out Taco has " guest bongs" stashed at all of his friends (who don't smoke) houses.

Hey Kanga, How is it all going.......Feeling well and truly over the bud??
Over the last few weeks my weed consumption has dropped by at least half. I was smoking an O a fortnight and with ease. Now, I'm about a half O a fortnight while helping out the mates when I can. Not fully off it. I have come to the conclusion that it just not going to happen.....:p. I do like the idea of only smoking on weekends though o_O:thumbsu:

Hey mate, yeah pretty good feel much healthier and not coughing my guts up all the time.
Haven't had a cone since the evening of January 16th so around 48 days off it :)
It's pretty easy to quit if you truly want to, when i was on the fence about it and still enjoyed the high it was harder.
Since i have anxiety problems it's better for me to be drug free, well i drink in moderation but never get pissed.

That's great you reduced you're usage, a Q a fortnight is very heavy!
I was probably doing just under a Q a month but only bought in 25'ers & 50's at a time.
Do all your mates smoke?
I totally understand the grip weed can have on you mentally,
i remember being so desperate i went to my old dealers place numerous times a day to check if he re-up'd or at stupid times at night.

I smoke semi-regularly. Try not to rely on it too much after I've seen a few mates revolve their life around it.

Now that you mention it has eased up abit now.
They were incredibly weird and vivid though.

I heard it's due to not going to full REM sleep when you go to sleep stoned.

Its the same when you quit nicotine or alcohol or caffeine.

The brain becomes used to having certain chemicals in it, so it flips out when they're not there. you notice it more when you're sleeping because there's no other stimulus.

Later on, if you stay completely off something you're addicted to (so maybe doesnt happen with weed cause it isnt chemically addictive) like ciggies, you'll have dreams about smoking again - its the addiction trying to come back.

After a month off everything (I've had the odd coffee but thats it) I'm sleeping better than ever. Its a myth that dope helps you sleep - its because you're so used to being stoned before you sleep that you actually need it. You slept before you smoked dope, you'll sleep after it (that wasnt in response to you directly).

Main reason I stopped was my lungs were just struggling really bad, and I needed a mental break too.

Its the same when you quit nicotine or alcohol or caffeine.

The brain becomes used to having certain chemicals in it, so it flips out when they're not there. you notice it more when you're sleeping because there's no other stimulus.

Later on, if you stay completely off something you're addicted to (so maybe doesnt happen with weed cause it isnt chemically addictive) like ciggies, you'll have dreams about smoking again - its the addiction trying to come back.

After a month off everything (I've had the odd coffee but thats it) I'm sleeping better than ever. Its a myth that dope helps you sleep - its because you're so used to being stoned before you sleep that you actually need it. You slept before you smoked dope, you'll sleep after it (that wasnt in response to you directly).

Main reason I stopped was my lungs were just struggling really bad, and I needed a mental break too.

Yeah good points there, i actually smoked weed with spin and had a dream where i was toking on a big ol doobie
I suppose i was essentially giving up tobacco at the same time, so maybe that's what caused them to be so intense.

I fall asleep fine sober these days, it's easy head it's the pillow and I'm out within 30 mins :)

Regarding your lungs do you feel you can breathe better now? I feel like my lung capacity has increased heaps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah good points there, i actually smoked weed with spin and had a dream where i was toking on a big ol doobie
I suppose i was essentially giving up tobacco at the same time, so maybe that's what caused them to be so intense.

I fall asleep fine sober these days, it's easy head it's the pillow and I'm out within 30 mins :)

Regarding your lungs do you feel you can breathe better now? I feel like my lung capacity has increased heaps.

Yeah my lungs were in a bad way but they're all good now. It was the tobacco more than anything.

I hate spun joints - kicks my ass and I feel sick afterwards

Only keen if it's all green

Agreed. I prefer pipes or vapes personally but green is the way to go

Last edited:
I hate all green, it's wasteful and tbh doesn't taste any good.

Then again, I love tobacco. Don't smoke it too often but I genuinely enjoy smoking. Try to keep it to about a deck a month.

In amsterdam you can get different herbs instead of tobacco, I might give that a try but who knows how harmful that kind of stuff is

used to smoke a shitload as a young bloke...
still smoke now but not anywhere near the level i did before.
i enjoy a cone or two most nights. i still play sport... never caused an issue socially for me. pay my bills, i have a misses who doesnt smoke...
my house mate drinks heavily and i see first hand the problems that causes him. heavy drinking is far worse then heavy pot use imo

used to smoke a shitload as a young bloke...
still smoke now but not anywhere near the level i did before.
i enjoy a cone or two most nights. i still play sport... never caused an issue socially for me. pay my bills, i have a misses who doesnt smoke...
my house mate drinks heavily and i see first hand the problems that causes him. heavy drinking is far worse then heavy pot use imo

Totally agree. Heavy drinking is worse than heavy most things though.

Iggy Pop, David Bowie etc. have spent a lot of their lives using opiates and hallucinogens - they both look fantastic for guys in their late 60's.

Compare that to a lifelong heavy drinker and you'll see someone with liver, heart, brain problems etc. and just as addicted if not moreso (with less chances for getting clean due to the pervasiveness of alcohol within society).

Only tried it a couple of times but it was much better than any high from drinking.

It is indeed.

I just wish it was legal and regulated here, so we could have 'weed bars' and 'weed restaurants' etc. as well as not facing repurcussions for using or possessing. Adds more of a social element to it rather than driving so many stoners to sit around eating junk food and playing Xbox (which is admittedly also fun)

Yeah my lungs were in a bad way but they're all good now. It was the tobacco more than anything.

That's good, yeah tobacco is nasty.
No.1 killer in the world

Been trying to convince my younger brother to quit as he also has weight problems, some people are just so hooked though and won't change.

That's good, yeah tobacco is nasty.
No.1 killer in the world

Been trying to convince my younger brother to quit as he also has weight problems, some people are just so hooked though and won't change.

The amazing thing I've noticed is how quickly your skin, mouth, teeth, hair etc. all look and feel so much better when you don't smoke cigs.

The amazing thing I've noticed is how quickly your skin, mouth, teeth, hair etc. all look and feel so much better when you don't smoke cigs.

Yeah definitely, your sense of smell/taste returns start to notice how much the smell sticks to other smokers clothes as well.
I would literally feel dumb smoking ciggies now, pretty much the worst thing you can do for you're health.

I know people say weed is better for your lungs, i did occasionally have green cones and it still didn't seem healthy.
Has this been proven? Because really who knows what chemicals the growers use on buds.

Weed is definitely less harmful on your lungs. You're still putting hot smoke into them though.

Plus one cone at night is a lot better than a packet of cigarettes every day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back