Coach Do you support the contract extension of Chris Scott

Do you support the 2 year extension of Chris Scott

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Failed concept.

The mental gymnastics criticising a team that invariably outperforms 80% of the competition for 15 years + in a system designed to make it hard to achieve for more than 4-5 years.

Inane whinging when there is little to complain about, when we are genuinely rubbish for years on end. Knock yourselves out.
Until then, you just look foolish.

Foolish is pretending a 40% finals record is “successful”.

We are a finals joke. Teams must love knowing they are playing the finals easy beats.

I know a lot of life long cats supporters who see the extension of scotts contract as the last straw. They are done.
good riddance to fickle supporters- interesting coming from you.

An interesting little note - last off season the Scott thread was closed for a couple of months as it was the same arguments being posted on a continual basis with nothing new being contributed, and really it just felt like "same old argument" stuff

Take a guess at which side of the discussion showed the most frustration at the thread being locked for a few months

Perhaps because the entire point of internet forums is to have discussion and not have them locked down?

There was no shortage of congratulations abounding about having it locked either. Can't imagine why but there you go.

You know it's funny, when I started on this board back in 06, you were the leader of the Thompson boo-boys. Thompson was a 'clown', an 'idiot', the 'worst coach' in the AFL, 'tactically inept' and so on. 06 was his last chance—premiership or bust.

It dawns on me now that this has more or less been your mantra every year: 'premiership is a pass mark, or the coach is sh*t'. Given this posting history and that you only emerge to rant after losses, it's a bit hypocritical for you to criticise anyone about 'anger'.

No it's not - when people have a crack at me I'm entitled to fire back. Or do you think only pro-Scott folks get that concession?

I've also admitted many many times how wrong I was about Thompson. Unlike yourself my judgement is definitely not perfect and I make hilariously bad calls all the time.

The criticisms about Scott have been remarkably consistent for nearly a decade now. What it isn't is remotely sudden or new.

Foolish is pretending a 40% finals record is “successful”.

We are a finals joke. Teams must love knowing they are playing the finals easy beats.
Comes across as being spoilt brats. We’ve had it good for a long long time.

7/8 sides fail in finals annually. So from 2012-21 we’ve given ourselves 9/72 chance to win it but haven’t. Statistically you should reach a GF once every 9 seasons (2/18) and win it every 18 seasons (1/18).

But this is BF where being young and s**t is better than being old and close.

Comes across as being spoilt brats. We’ve had it good for a long long time.

7/8 sides fail in finals annually. So from 2012-21 we’ve given ourselves 9/72 chance to win it but haven’t. Statistically you should reach a GF once every 9 seasons (2/18) and win it every 18 seasons (1/18).

But this is BF where being young and sh*t is better than being old and close.
We’ve failed for 10 years. Does scott need another 10 of failure before he runs out of chances?

And what’s with this spoilt brat s**t? Hoping to win at least 1 flag after making 7 prelims should be a perfectly reasonable expectation. Hell, 2 flags probably isn’t that much to expect. We have exactly zero. Has there ever been another team to make so many prelims in a decade and not win a flag?

Port Adelaide, Hawthorn and WCE supporter voted yes, that says a lot...

64447eba4ba784bd6cab1e922283da19.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why the Scott boys are melting so hard.
He just got an extension... thought they would be happy.

Particularly as they are clearly correct about the approach, and we've been drowning in silverware ever since the club adopted it.

And it's not like we've just been gruesomely violated in a knockout final with the veterans being horribly exposed or anything. It's truly baffling.

Particularly as they are clearly correct about the approach, and we've been drowning in silverware ever since the club adopted it.

And it's not like we've just been gruesomely violated in a knockout final with the veterans being horribly exposed or anything. It's truly baffling.
They've been so right for so long. I can't understand why they're so abusive and bitter.

Deep down they know it's the wrong call but the ego won't allow them to admit it.
Yep. They threw away all their integrity for one guy.
The club has been going for over 150 years and had thousands of people contribute to it.
But they did it for one guy.
I think it's best to try and understand and try to emphasise with the shame spiral they are facing within themselves.

We’ve failed for 10 years. Does scott need another 10 of failure before he runs out of chances?

And what’s with this spoilt brat sh*t? Hoping to win at least 1 flag after making 7 prelims should be a perfectly reasonable expectation. Hell, 2 flags probably isn’t that much to expect. We have exactly zero. Has there ever been another team to make so many prelims in a decade and not win a flag?
Every single fan of this club wants us to win the flag. Anyone who doesn’t isn’t really a fan.

The only contention is whether consistently hitting top 4 and not winning is acceptable or worthy of removal.

The flaw in the argument for removal is finding someone better. Not many experienced coaches out there, and less that would be better. 80% of coaches never win a flag. Two thirds never even win a final.

No board in the AFL would sack Scott off his record, especially for someone untried.

So I suggest, come back when we’re actually s**t, and we might change coach.

Can't see anyone better. Run through some new assistants this year set up the bones of a new playing group and see where it goes from there. Sacking him before 2023 is silly talk but would be surprised if he's coaching out 2024
It's not about sacking him.
It's about extending his contract...which was stupid at this point IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back