Prediction Do you think St kilda will make the 8 in 2018

Do you think St kilda will make the 8 in 2018?

• Yes

Votes: 58 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 116 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
sloane is a champ , but don't we have enough slow inside mids - koby stevens , armitage , dunstan , i thought we were after speed , like a kelly or gaff type for outside run.

hey no doubt the guy would be about the best mid in our team , but couldn't we go for some speed - id rather a young fiorini or a mcluggage - not some guy who will be turning 29 and has a couple years left
McGovern - Slone - Gaff we have the room.

McCluggage wont be coming home anytime soon loves it up there and loves how the club has looked after him and his family

That's a pretty biased outlook. I reckon our backline is only average just like and mids. The forward line has great potential but 3 marking players worry me. As for your opinion of other sides well again its a little biased. I hope you are right but it isn't going to be anywhere as easy as it seems you think.
Our backline is average!
I'm hoping we've prioritized our defensive game this pre-season, as it's been our Achilles heel the last 2 years..
Responsibility would also lie with the mids, & also the lack of forward pressure enabling quick rebound from our attack for many easy goals..
I'd be surprised if Gilbert is in our best 30, with Coffield & White providing better options..
Jack Lonie should be turned into a small defender/tagger similar to the role Stevie Baker gave us so effectively!

Last edited:

Always a warm response from you VDS66, no wonder your a class act that's hard to follow..
Hope you been well buddy!
To another former Elwood High student Cooperrules where the f..k have you been mate!!
Coops is taking his comedy on a national tour.

It's called "Hamill - 2 Weeks".

I wasn’t so concerned about the results as I was about the general skills and game plan that we were attempting to execute.

We looked like witches hats against Melbourne for large parts of the game.

I hope you are right though and it was experimenting that didn’t quite work out.

Personally I’m not feeling overly negative, just pointing out that others cause for concern is justified.

I hope your take on it turns out to be right.

I think one example was just giving Ro Marshall an opportunity. I think he's going to be a great player, but two errors by him led directly to Melbourne goals in the last quarter.

I don't think we'll play finals this year.

Which isn't the end of the world, I still think we're on track to be contending for a flag circa 2020, but having a mountain of spare salary cap sitting on the bench this year unused is really going to hurt.

We're 1 jack steven injury away from totally mediocre in our midfield.

Until we find some elite mids to spend that cap money on, we'll be treading water

I don't think we'll play finals this year.

Which isn't the end of the world, I still think we're on track to be contending for a flag circa 2020, but having a mountain of spare salary cap sitting on the bench this year unused is really going to hurt.

We're 1 jack steven injury away from totally mediocre in our midfield.

Until we find some elite mids to spend that cap money on, we'll be treading water
lets just see who steps up this year - we might get a couple guys this year step up and become elite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back