Do you watch grand-finals that Richmond doesnt feature in?

Attended all!!!!!
Wow, you must be Big Footies oldest poster...
Okay I am old. 62. I have attended 9 Richmond GFs. First in 1967. Seen 7 premierships.

Hank Heavenly

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Apr 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
East Fremantle
I love GF day no matter who plays, and to be honest, up until 2017, I didn't have the chance to be interested in the most important day anyway.

Beers, food, plethora of First goal and Norm Smith bets, plenty of banter, I reckon its nearly the best day of the year no matter who's playing

Last day of footy for the year? Of course I’ll watch it.

Considered not watching in 2018 because I was so filthy about the prelim, but by the end of the week I’d come around. Glad I did. Only thing better than the Pies getting smashed is the Pies losing by a kick with a 5 goal head start in a grand final.

Tygrys

Club Legend
Mar 26, 2009
Dallas, Texas
AFL Club
Richmond
I watch them all. I always pick a side I want to lose and invest myself in that (that's why 2018 was still very enjoyable). The only grand final I couldn't imagine watching would be say a Collingwood vs Carlton grand final. It's like being Poland in WWII watching Nazi Germany and Communist Russia fight it out. There is no possible result that wouldn't be catastrophic,

JazMac

All Australian
Oct 3, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I used to watch them all; originally with family and then later with mates. Now I only watch the Tiger's GFs plus a a few others over the years to be polite to non Tiges friends.

TiggerDK

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I watch them all and really like to watch the game and not be distracted by people not watching it. Hosted a house warming party for Geelong v Collingwood GF. What a stupid idea...

O_Grinners17

All Australian
Sep 15, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Very surprised that this is a thing. Grand Final day is always special no matter who's playing.

This Is Anfield

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Podcaster
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies
I watch them all. I always pick a side I want to lose and invest myself in that (that's why 2018 was still very enjoyable). The only grand final I couldn't imagine watching would be say a Collingwood vs Carlton grand final. It's like being Poland in WWII watching Nazi Germany and Communist Russia fight it out. There is no possible result that wouldn't be catastrophic,
They did have some classic GFs early days. 1970, 1979 and 1981... Carlton didn't win them Collingwood lost them!

This Is Anfield

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Podcaster
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies
Just on the Collingwood v Carlton theme, Melbourne is way overdue for a big Richmond/Carlton/Collingwood/Essendon v each other Grand Final build up... huge!

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
Just on the Collingwood v Carlton theme, Melbourne is way overdue for a big Richmond/Carlton/Collingwood/Essendon v each other Grand Final build up... huge!
Well it was all good to go in 2019 until...hahahahahahahahahaha

Ceehook

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
live GF's Hawks Saints 1971

the old man scored tickets to the Ladies members
and the family saw all finals games
not often you can score tickets to a GF so why not he said

replays - nil

robin kennedy

Debutant
Feb 23, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Same for me sregit, only difference is I am 60. Want to win again this season but will hate it if can not see live. It is a statement I am very proud to make.
Eat em Alive

Grand final day is one of my favourite days of the year. I love it. Never miss it. Beers, BBQ, footy, friends. What’s not to like.

Same for me sregit, only difference is I am 60. Want to win again this season but will hate it if can not see live. It is a statement I am very proud to make.
Eat em Alive
as I said I've seen every Richmond GF since 67. It will totally freak me out if we are in thE GF and crowds are not allowed. I've promised myself I'll never miss a Tigers GF. Interested to understand if others feel there will be crowds at a GF this year. If only small crowd allowed what would you do or pay to be one of them?

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
I always watch it no matter who is playing. Aside from the obvious ones involving the Tigers, I generally don't care who wins unless it's the mustard pots or Collingwood. Even if I truly don't care, after 5 minutes I generally end up hoping one of them will.

Attended live:

1989 - unbelievable game.
1992 - not a bad game.
1993 - fun to watch Carlton lose.
1994 - horribly one sided.
1995 - hard to watch Carlton win.
1997 - Tigers win reserves flag.
2001 - fun to watch Essendon lose.
2016 - great to see the Dogs win one.
2017 - best day of my life.
2019 - most relaxed day of my life.

Back