Podcast DOCKERS PODCAST

PurpleReign95

Senior List
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hi all,
Duck and Oz are back again in 2019 for Season 4 of the Purple Reign.
After 3 years of pretty average footy, the boys are UP and ABOUT for season 2019.
We have interviewed current player CONNOR BLAKELY and will get current AFL.com.au journo Travis King on the show and are looking to expand our guest this year.
If you haven't heard the show please give us a listen and see what you think, we break down the game in GOOD/BAD/UGLY style, have a look at any off field news, keep an eye on the twos in PEEL TALK and we answer your questions (via facebook PurpleReign95)

http://purplereignpodcast.com.au/ this is our website, you can listen on here
or we are on iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast...qhj_8keNkpAxK_1ZrVuUg_hrkhRnsxujzq_PP1Tlb1Y0A

Regards The Purple Reign Team

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
I had a listen the other day and the Blakely podcast was excellent - everyone should have a listen if they haven't already (especially part 1 and the start of part 2) :thumbsu:

A bit of feedback. I ended up fast forwarding through the second half of part 2 though as the reviewing old Q&A answers seemed to go on for an eternity. Also, as much as I don't mind hearing some of the stories/anecdotes about the host's own lives/experiences, some of them dragged on... I suspect most listeners would have preferred to hear more from Connor or even about the other Freo players/coaches from Connor's perspective using some of that time.

But overall that was one of the most insightful interviews of a player I've ever listened to. If you can convince more players to be interviewed I think you have an outstanding product in the works there. The BigFooty Freo mob should get behind you getting support from the club and encouraging players to be interviewed. Great for fan engagement and really humanises the players in a way that mainstream media can't. Can see a heap more sponsors getting on it if that happens (I liked the ads btw). I'd happily listen to every player interview. The non-player interview podcasts are less attractive imo... I'd only find time if they became a fair bit shorter than the 120mins like the last one. Less is more sometimes ;)

Just one opinion in a sea of opinions. Excellent work to all involved.

Deveraux

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Been listening for 2 seasons now.

Get on board... you might not agree with everything said but you can tell their passionate about it and it's plenty entertaining.

Hope Blakely lands that Bumper Sticker and we get another player in.

Keen to hear from Trav, keep it up boys good work.

PurpleReign95

Senior List
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Gents, the song playing at about the 25.30 mark of the latest episode. How do i get my hands on it?

First time listener btw and thoroughly enjoyed even though you reviewing a trash game.

Hi Wiz

The song was made by Oz! Im trying to get him to put it all up on spotify.
Cheers for the listen!
Regards Duck

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
Thanks for the pods so far this year, guys. Been listening for last two years and always love to tune in, win or lose. You guys remind me my fav local American football pod I listen to called Packers Therapy. Two passionate blokes breaking things down from a fan's perspective. Keep up the great work!

+1 on making Oz's musical exploits available.

Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
brisbane lions
Listened to the podcast after work yes to drafting Michael bennell.
Went to the same junior club as a youngster had some discipline issues but eventually sorted himself out and was well loved by everyone.

PurpleReign95

Senior List
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
https://open.spotify.com/episode/2icCiHRx9GZZ5j225doUrz?si=HKNg1du2S8erQsP9ta5CMA

freo doker did a podcast with these dudes whoever they are i have no idea, he was hilarious but they were boring as, reckon you guys would be so funny and absolute have a ball with him! you should try and get him on, would be the best podcast ever!! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Yeah i listened to it as well and it really was pretty terrible tbh, i think his gags come across so well on social media, but the interviewer was giving him nothing (zero banter)

yatesy21

Senior List
Dec 7, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Listened to this week's pod today guys. Congrats on the new deal with the club. Looking forward to seeing what you guys can do and looking forward to more player insight.

Clems Knee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I enjoy your podcast so much more when we are winning. Actually I enjoy life so much more when we are winning.
Interested to see the Farmer mark when he played for Tambellup. Any chance of putting the picture up?

PurpleReign95

Senior List
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
So rumour is that Railways Albany have footage of the mark, but they dont want to release it!

Back