Opinion Dockers Supercoach & Fantasy Footy Discussion 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Neale. Is his average likely to drop with Fyfe at his best?

Bennell: Is he likely to play at all?

Barlow: How fit is he? Could he withstand a full season?

Fyfe: Could he push up to the mid 120's plus, to make him a genuine captaincy alternative to the Danger?

Bennell: Is he likely to play at all?

Barlow: How fit is he? Could he withstand a full season?

Fyfe: Could he push up to the mid 120's plus, to make him a genuine captaincy alternative to the Danger?
Neale: I don't think would drop but I am not convinced he will rise again if he spends as much time forward as he did last year.

Bennell: We don't know we just hope. Highly doubt round 1-4 you will see him.

Barlow: I would think so.

Fyfe: In fantasy? No. Doesn't get enough uncontested possessions around the ground for that. 115 max IMO. Not sure about supercoach.

Neale: I don't think would drop but I am not convinced he will rise again if he spends as much time forward as he did last year.

Fyfe: In fantasy? No. Doesn't get enough uncontested possessions around the ground for that. 115 max IMO. Not sure about supercoach.
How d

His 2015 scoring might be a good reference , Believe his Supercoach scores were far better than his fantasy ones.

Last edited:

How d

His 2015 scoring might be a good reference , Believe his Supercoach scores were far better than his fantasy ones.

Cheers guys, that's awesome help. I do only play Supercoach, though.
For regular Supercoach players, would any of the above answers change in your opinion?

Bennell: Is he likely to play at all? Yes, a lock :) - big risk, big reward. If he plays pre-season then that will convince me. Ross wants him in the team, otherwise he would have already been shown the door. The main concern for me (assuming he gets back to the main group) is injury.

Barlow: How fit is he? Could he withstand a full season? He is a good prospect as the Suns list is not flash, and he is the experience they need. He is a trooper,

He is a consistent performer, and his injuries are behind him. I think he can definitely increase his value, and will be someone I want in my team, the question is if he is a target now or later.

hey all,

any word on how crowden is travelling?

any idea of role or possible chance of games?

cheers
I am 99% sure he gets a game at some point (the 1% being we get no injuries and win the flag). I am hopeful but not expectant of an early debut as currently our injury list is small. Ballas, Matera and Grey I assume are ahead of him up forward.

I would guess 70/30 forward mid split. He is an inside/outside mid but not sure what midfield role he would play in his split. I think he will make a gun small forward though because he is fast and can stick a tackle. Also a good candidate for high frees in the forward line on account of being hard to tackle and short. Had 10 tackles on his SANFL debut at HF last year.

Is currently in my fantasy team but think I will take him out unless named round 1 on account of having no idea when he will get a gig. I am sure Ross would love him though as he is tough and skillful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how Darcy Tucker is looking? Is he best 22?

He is looking good and would be fringe best 22 at the moment. Without taking the time to do a best 11, I'd have him somewhere in the 20-25 range. He could (and should) become cemented in the side by the back half of the season.

He is looking good and would be fringe best 22 at the moment. Without taking the time to do a best 11, I'd have him somewhere in the 20-25 range. He could (and should) become cemented in the side by the back half of the season.
He seems to be having a bit of a hard time finding an actual position and is in a "utility" basket, which I think is not a good thing. Is he capable of being an actual midfielder? Can he be a real scoring threat? Is he realistically a defender?

He seems to be having a bit of a hard time finding an actual position and is in a "utility" basket, which I think is not a good thing. Is he capable of being an actual midfielder? Can he be a real scoring threat? Is he realistically a defender?

Based on the lack of direction from a training perspective I'm a bit worried too about his development - he's a bit bigger but are they really giving him a role. I think he looks best as either a rebounding defender, or (and this is trailing the first option) a half forward. He looks better behind the ball where he reads the play and uses his kicking skills to advantage, but (a little like Crozier) we seem not to want to play him there. I don't think he is a midfielder; I wouldn't pick him in the centre before Brayshaw or Cerra, and I would pick a few guys to play Wing after the Hills before him as well.

I really rate Darcy Tucker. His skills are good and I think he reads the play well. Not sure if he'll break into the midfield long term but his kicking would be handy off half back. That said he has shown an ability to hit the scoreboard as well so maybe half forward.

On TA-1020 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think some have short term memories. Tucker kicked 8 goals last season and really started to look dangerous from wing to half forward. He is one of our best kicks inside 50 which is something we desperately need to improve. I wouldn't waste him off half back - especially with Ryan and Wilson already there. At half forward, on a wing and a taste in the midfield for this season (similar to last season). If our strategy is to improve our disposal he should be in our B22 from round 1. He's only just turned 21, be patient, he will break out either this year or next imo. Tucker, Brayshaw and Cerra adds plenty of class to our future midfield rotations alongside gun ball winners Fyfe, Neale and Blakely.

I think some have short term memories. Tucker kicked 8 goals last season and really started to look dangerous from wing to half forward. He is one of our best kicks inside 50 which is something we desperately need to improve. I wouldn't waste him off half back - especially with Ryan and Wilson already there. At half forward, on a wing and a taste in the midfield for this season (similar to last season). If our strategy is to improve our disposal he should be in our B22 from round 1. He's only just turned 21, be patient, he will break out either this year or next imo. Tucker, Brayshaw and Cerra adds plenty of class to our future midfield rotations alongside gun ball winners Fyfe, Neale and Blakely.
I agree with you that he looked confident and creative around goal, something that we desperately need. I like him across half forward.

I agree with you that he looked confident and creative around goal, something that we desperately need. I like him across half forward.
We won't be going anywhere until Balla, Johnson, Spurr, Mundy are used sparingly. If Ross is seriously rebuilding, developing to take the comp by storm, he needs to create a more unpredictable, versatile team.
Keeping the old blokes fresh, hungry, will benefit all.
Even Fyfe, Walters, should be playing dual roles, giving guys like Tucker, Blakey minutes in the midfield rotations.
The added advantage is that our scoring, match ups create a dilemma for the opposition.

We won't be going anywhere until Balla, Johnson, Spurr, Mundy are used sparingly. If Ross is seriously rebuilding, developing to take the comp by storm, he needs to create a more unpredictable, versatile team.
Keeping the old blokes fresh, hungry, will benefit all.
Even Fyfe, Walters, should be playing dual roles, giving guys like Tucker, Blakey minutes in the midfield rotations.
The added advantage is that our scoring, match ups create a dilemma for the opposition.
Strange post mate; I think every single one of those things is already happening.

Nah. There's just too many random blokes at the Dogs who can play on either flank, Bevo does weird s**t too - he could end up in the ruck.

That said if he pops 100+ first round and they run all the play through him i'll consider rolling the dice
Don't think I will do it, but they lost Murphy and Boyd so there is a hole. Also don't think Bevo is the type to lure someone with the promise of X role and then not give him a good go at it.

You are right though, Bevo is a bit crazy. Not sure I can do it despite being pretty sure he goes 90+.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back