Analysis Dockers Supercoach/Fantasy Q&A

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 2, 2010
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
With AFL Fantasy already up and SC open soon, I'd better get one of these threads started before we all get the inevitable "How is Fyfe going at training?" or "Will Crozier get time in the midfield?" questions... :rolleyes:

5 players I'll be looking at for my SC side:

Fyfe - A lock, don't even look at his price tag. TTHD

Crozier - Watch for game time in the NAB challenge, if he's looking like best 22 throw him in...

Ibbo - Will come cheap ($350k) due to his limited game time last year. Scored 115 points in the final against Sydney.

Walters - Like Ibbo, Sonson will be cheap. He burnt me last year with the ankle injury, but I'm going back again...

Blakely - Sounding like he may see some game time, will be tough for a 1st year player to break into our 22. But if anyone is going to do it, it's going to be Connor...

5 players to avoid/think twice:

Sylvia - Don't be tempted with his price. will struggle dot get games with an injury plagued preseason

Mora - As per above, could break down again at any stage. Better of with a rookie from another club who is bound to play every week.

Sandilands - Will be rested at times during the year as Griff/Clarke/Hannath take over.

Pav - Ditto. I'd expect to see him miss a few games as a "late change".

Johnson - Starting to look injury prone, may not start round 1.

Thanks for setting this up (even if it's only to quarantine us :D).

I'm very keen on Lachie Neale for SC at this stage - but admittedly that's from shameless number-crunching, I didn't see too much of Freo outside of a few big games last year, and wasn't concentrating on Neale when I did.

His TOG% is about 70% - is that just a functon of being stuck behind Fyfe/Barlow/Mundy, or is there something else that's holding him back? Has he escaped the vest for good now?

Cheers guys - yell out if you have any Bombers SC questions.

Thanks for setting this up (even if it's only to quarantine us :D).

I'm very keen on Lachie Neale for SC at this stage - but admittedly that's from shameless number-crunching, I didn't see too much of Freo outside of a few big games last year, and wasn't concentrating on Neale when I did.

His TOG% is about 70% - is that just a functon of being stuck behind Fyfe/Barlow/Mundy, or is there something else that's holding him back? Has he escaped the vest for good now?

Cheers guys - yell out if you have any Bombers SC questions.
Lachie Neale is another that is tempting for me.

Could quite easily punch out the big scores again like he did in 2014. He averaged 104 in his last 5 games of the year, partly due to Fyfe missing games and Barlow playing injured.

I wouldn't say don't get him, but have a look at other choices around his price point. Certainly got a tank now not to worry about the vest.

Thanks for this, I've seen a lot of people hot in Ibbo this year but al it have no other reason than that's he's that cheap. Think he'll be starting 22 all year?

Love Fyfey, but I think I'll be passing on him to start with and have Barlow from the get go instead. Love the way he goes about his footy, translates well into SC scores too.

Thanks for this, I've seen a lot of people hot in Ibbo this year but al it have no other reason than that's he's that cheap. Think he'll be starting 22 all year?

Love Fyfey, but I think I'll be passing on him to start with and have Barlow from the get go instead. Love the way he goes about his footy, translates well into SC scores too.

Can't see why not.

All signs at training is that he is over his should issue. Expect scores between 70-100 and very little chance to be left out of the side or vested.

If you are given the choice of:
Duff $475k
MJ $468k
Spurr $390k
Sutcliffe $377k
Ibbo $342k

I'd take Ibbo every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Last edited:
Ibbo is a massive bargain but for some reason none of the DT dedicated fan sites seem to be mentioning him. Before he got injured in 2013, he was a very reliable points scorer. Plus, the back line is a bit of a waste land this year, so I say lock him in.

He and Barlow are the only Dockers in my current draft team.

Ibbo is a massive lock

He was a top 5 defender for most of 2013 and he'll play round 1. 2014 was a frustrating year for him where he played with injuries and often had to play more of a shut down role due to injuries to our key tall backs. Freo have played 7 defenders so I can't see selection being an issue and I put him in front of Spurr, Duffield, Sutcliffe and even Mayne. He is likely also to play Johnson's free roaming defensive role if Johnson is unavailable in the first few rounds, if so he should score big.

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/players/year.php?firstname=Garrick&surname=Ibbotson&year=2013

At $142k I'd keep an eye on Griffin for the bench... or at least on Sandilands and Clarke, if they stay fit Griffin plays WAFL but as a mature ruck with some good form (before the injury in 2013) if he's selected he'll play a full game and get 80+ (DT).

Last edited:
At the moment I'm planning on starting with Fyfey and Ibbo as my only Freo players in SC this year, with an eye on Blakely and a couple of others as possible trade down targets later in the year if they get gametime. Having said this, I will probably change my team 493,000 times before the start of the season anyway so this could change!

I think Ibbo is real value this year in a poor year for defenders - provided he can stay healthy. He averaged 94 in 2013 but missed a few games, and then of course missed a few more last year. With good injury luck, I'm confident that he can average at least 80+ in 2015, which will be very nice for his price.

I currently have Sutcliffe and Walters in my side. If Sutcliffe can get more midfield time he will be a great pick up.

Walters should be a lock, if he stays injury free during preseason. He will be 10+ points better a game this year.

Walters lock. Ibbo lock.

Danyle Pearce now available as a forward is an interesting one, definitely a risk but worth a consideration.

Lachie Neale's numbers for points per minute are better than any of our midfield, so definitely consider as his TOG will increase with another pre-season.

Crozier one to consider, Sheridan too & Weller & Blakely if they push for rd 1.

Fyfe & Barlow wont let you down.

Michael Apeness could be worth a look as an early season cash cow for AFL Fantasy, if he pushes Taberner for a spot, will cost you next to nothing as well.

Barlow, Neale and Ibbo are the ones in consideration for mine. Barlow/Neale as premium mids and Ibbo as a premium defender at a bargain price.

Will look at the youngsters when they get a game. If they are afforded opportunity through (god forbid) an LTI, then they may get consistent game time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is everyone predicting Ibbotson to average SC wise in 2015? And where is he at with injuries?

Is Clancee Pearce no longer best 22?

What is everyone predicting Ibbotson to average SC wise in 2015? And where is he at with injuries?

Had the same shoulder surgery as Fyfe, his shoulder should be fine.
Assuming 3 of Johnson, McPharlin, Silagni and Dawson stay fit he will be close to this 2013 score. If not his scores will be around his 2014 level.

Is Clancee Pearce no longer best 22?

Apparently training very well and has lost some bulk. Having said that, he is border line 22 and I personally have him outside of the 22 should we have no injures (which never happens).

G'day lads.

Just after a prediction on Hannath's year. With Sandy being 46yrs old i take it he'll be rested throughout the year, leaving Hannath to do the similar thing to 2014 and play a few games with Clarke?

I'm currently using Hannath as my ruck bench spot, solely for the versatility of having him, Lycett and Bellchamber all as DPP.

He wouldn't need to play many games, but i'd like to think he's at least the next choice to come in rather than Griffin. Or is that completely wrong?

Personally I think you'd be mad to pay an extra $34,000 to take Hannah over Griffin.

Griffin will likely be first choice to replace Clarke or Sandilands (definitely Sandilands) , Taberner looks well settled up forward and it will be interesting to see the preseason games and get a feel for whether Apeness would be ahead of him as well, either way it's hard to see Hannath pushing his way in for significantly more games than Griffin (imo).

Last edited:
Personally I think you'd be mad to pay an extra $34,000 to take Hannah over Griffin.

Griffin will likely be first choice to replace Clarke or Sandilands (definitely Sandilands) , Taberner looks well settled up forward and it will be interesting to see the preseason games and get a feel for whether Apeness would be ahead of him as well, either way it's hard to see Hannath pushing his way in for significantly more games than Griffin (imo).

I was thinking the opposite actually. That they would play Hannah when Clarke or Sandilands is rested. Similar to last season. God forbid Sandilands does get injured for any length of time though, I would like to think that they would play Griffin who has more experience. :)

I'm not so sure Sandilands will be playing much forward this season while that "not major" back complaint is troubling him.

Every single defensive coach in the league started instructing his key backs to make body contact to him there in marking contests where Sandi is stationary, slowly forward or moving backwards as soon as it was reported.

In the ruck he can face his jumping opponent for the most part, the third man up and into his back might get used.

G'day lads.

Just after a prediction on Hannath's year. With Sandy being 46yrs old i take it he'll be rested throughout the year, leaving Hannath to do the similar thing to 2014 and play a few games with Clarke?

I'm currently using Hannath as my ruck bench spot, solely for the versatility of having him, Lycett and Bellchamber all as DPP.

He wouldn't need to play many games, but i'd like to think he's at least the next choice to come in rather than Griffin. Or is that completely wrong?

Sandi or any other Fremantle player won't be rested. Unless freo are on top of the ladder mid season and about to play Carlton, it just wont happen. That being said he will likely be injured at times this season, we were very lucky with Sandi last year.

Splitting Hannath and Griffin is a hard one. I'd go neither if you can, I can't see Hannath scoring over 50 and Griffin is an injured Sandi and Clarke away from getting a game.

Thoughts on Spurr?

Most marks for your team last year so obviously a focal point out of defense, any reason he won't improve on his avg?
IMO has probably achieved all that can be expected. Picked up as a mature aged player and has become a really serviceable defender from the get go. May have some improvement in him but I would be happy if he can maintain his current output consistently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back