Preview Dockers vs Crows Round 3 Friday 29th March 4:20pm Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ricky from The Shinboner gives an in depth look at Adelaide's midfield set up.

Tldr: Crouch and Laird are great at getting the pill but don't hurt you with it. When they play together it hurts the crows. Geelong focussed on pressuring Dawson because he can hurt you. All three players had great numbers in isolation but it hasn't really been working for them.

Edit: it made me think about why Will Brodie is finding it hard to get a spot in the team

Ricky from The Shinboner gives an in depth look at Adelaide's midfield set up.

Tldr: Crouch and Laird are great at getting the pill but don't hurt you with it. When they play together it hurts the crows. Geelong focussed on pressuring Dawson because he can hurt you. All three players had great numbers in isolation but it hasn't really been working for them.

Edit: it made me think about why Will Brodie is finding it hard to get a spot in the team
I hate it when they call a football "the pill" or when they keep saying "he lowered the eyes"

2024 Fyfe doesn't hurt the opposition per se, he takes the tackle and dishes to a free player. He also uses his big body to impose himself on the contest and win the ball. Brodie literally does the same thing which is why he should be the number one replacement for Fyfe (if fit).

I hate it when they call a football "the pill" or when they keep saying "he lowered the eyes"
I'm pretty sure it was me calling it the pill.

I also like to describe a player who gets tackled then let's the ball drop as having "hatched it." Sometimes I yell that "he's laid (layed?) an egg umpire!"

I also like to say "Matt Rowell" to Mrs Clifton in a sexy way. She might text me a love heart and I'll reply with Matt Rowell and she knows what I mean.

Also like calling Jack Higgins piggy. Is that just me, I think he looks like he's from Lord of the flies.

Alex witherden is known as fat face in our household and Tom Hawkins/Tom Lynch's pronouns are Big Dumb.

I'm pretty sure it was me calling it the pill.

I also like to describe a player who gets tackled then let's the ball drop as having "hatched it." Sometimes I yell that "he's laid (layed?) an egg umpire!"

I also like to say "Matt Rowell" to Mrs Clifton in a sexy way. She might text me a love heart and I'll reply with Matt Rowell and she knows what I mean.

Also like calling Jack Higgins piggy. Is that just me, I think he looks like he's from Lord of the flies.

Alex witherden is known as fat face in our household and Tom Hawkins/Tom Lynch's pronouns are Big Dumb.
I wish to apologise lol

do you also say "at the minute"? lol

I wish to apologise lol

do you also say "at the minute"? lol
I don't know what you mean by "at the minute" but feel guilty thataybe I unconsciously do. I feel self conscious when Mrs Clifton points out how often I use the word "like." You know, like a valley girl.

It grinds my gears when they say early doors. I've looked it up and it's acceptable but I still don't like it.

if you say "versing" I will correct you whilst being mad that over time so many idiots keep saying it and language will evolve to make it an acceptable term.

Last edited:
I don't know what you mean by "at the minute" but feel guilty thataybe I unconsciously do. I feel self conscious when Mrs Clifton points out how often I use the word "like." You know, like a valley girl.

It grinds my gears when they say early doors. I've looked it up and it's acceptable but I still don't like it.
as long as you don't yell out "yous guys could play better"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used to have a look at umpire appointments. Occasionally see them on twitter. But now with Margetts gone I don't know which ones to dislike besides elani of course. I actually like Razor. I believe Razors ego is an assert in that he isn't afraid to make unpopular calls in our favour.
I was obsessed with those. I now look them up and don't recognise the names, so we need new demons lol

I note you also joined in 2002, but only have 2000 posts - today must be a PB for you.

The last time I posted as much as I have been recently was in 2013...

I actually didn't know Salim had passed, I generally take a break from bigfooty over the off season which is when it was posted.

Met him a few times in Subi prior to games, 2015 was a standout year when then great GilGriffin landed down under and we had the biggest Freo BigFooty gathering since the 2013 GF.

Absolutely gutted, hope he enjoys the view when Jackson kicks an after the siren goal for our first premiership flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back