Dockers vs Eagles rd1 derby

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by TheRealBuzz

Bit different from going into a game where your sole focus is to have a punch up - ie Kickett - and then get handed a nine week suspension.

i can not believe you can say something like that
only an imatture little brat (ie eagles supporter like you)could say something so unrealistic and false
that particular derby it was gardiner that started it he went out there with the plan to start stuff
i was right there about 10 metres from where it happened and he started laying into pavo for absolutely no reason, or atleast only something a 5 year old would do

Nobody goes into a match seeking a nine week suspension.
Especially someone who knows they'll be serving out all nine weeks. ( ie. not retiring)

Originally posted by dockerbabe
i can not believe you can say something like that
only an imatture little brat (ie eagles supporter like you)could say something so unrealistic and false
that particular derby it was gardiner that started it he went out there with the plan to start stuff
i was right there about 10 metres from where it happened and he started laying into pavo for absolutely no reason, or atleast only something a 5 year old would do
Dockerbabe, I too was at the match, and it wasn't simply a case of Gardiner going ape $hit for no reason. There was a lot of talk, and a lot of "pushing" around Gardy's heavily strapped shoulder beforehand. But yeah, Gardy did over-react.

Besides of which, what does that incident have to do with the Kickett / Read altercation. Nothing.

Your players went into the match looking for a fight. Waterhouse and Koops admitted as much.
And there's nothing wrong with that, in fact I really enjoyed the whole game..... except for the end result ;).

But it's very hypocritical to call Read a 'disgrace to the game' while applauding what Kickett did during that particular Derby.
That was my only problem.

while applauding what Kickett did during that particular Derby.
That was my only problem.

i have never applauded what kickett done it was good to see everyone layin into each other but what the main few players done was bad and when waterhouse talked to the media he was laughin and joking hardly somethin to take serious
unlike the comment that karl langdon made before the game about gardiner

Oh for the glorious history of the one point rare win obtained by orchestrated thuggery!!!

Well kiddies, we've both got new coaches, new players, won our first mickey mouse cup matches impressively and have something to look forward to.
Round one will be the first time we really see what our respective coaches have in store for us and all the predictions in the world cannot have any sound basis because we just don't know. We can only dream and hope.

CARN THE EAGLES

I'll bite

Ok Frodo I'll bite,orchestrated thuggery!!!!!By Who or is that Whom.I seem to recollect that unstable thug Gardner attacking Pavlich before the ball was bounced.Your and your mob are behaving like the school yard bully.It is all right when you are handing it out but when someone stands up to you you run like rabbits to the headmaster.What a bunch of sooks.Get over it

WORD ANCHOR MAN!

Whenever that game is mentioned... the weagle supporters collective memory goes on the blink and their attitude towards on field brawling is as pacifistic as a convent full of the Little Sisters of Mercy.

Kickett smashed their "tenacious little warrior" to a pulp in a staight up fist fight...and by God...I applauded every little bit of it!!!

he did the crime...he did the time.

Read had the same intent... he just fights like a girl!

Yes, and a big congrats to Kickett.
He'll go down in history as the guy who beat up Phil Read.
See if people remember the incident (or Kickett for that matter) in a few years time.

There are bigger things in store for our tenacious little warrior.
And they don't involve punching people.

Still, with your pathetic history, I can understand why you see it as some sort of achievement.

Yes, and a big congrats to Kickett.
See if people remember the incident (or Kickett for that matter) in a few years time.

There are bigger things in store for our tenacious little warrior.
And they don't involve punching people.

Still, with your pathetic history, I can understand why you see it as some sort of achievement.

How you can stick up for read I will never know.
In ten years the only way read will be remeber is when his name is mentioned with libba as one of the dirtiest players to play the game.

Make no mistake this kid cannot be mistaken for couragerous he is plain dirty.Foul mouthed little **** that has no problems stooping to the lowest levels possible.

[

...you said it buzz. He certainly will!

I am sure we will remember both Dale and the incident...

to hear the sound of Dale's fist punch crash into face of that rodent will stay with me forever.

Dale is already written in the record books for playing at the most number of clubs. What he will be remembered for in the hearts and souls of Docker Fans for years to come is his fantastic contribution to the Fremantle Football Club from their struggling formative years to their rise to glory.

Something dramatic would need to happen to Read as a player (and a man if he can be considered one) for him to be known as nothing more than a bloke that copped a real lesson from Dockers' Dale and Dodd.

Just as I said.

With your pathetic history, I can understand why you see it as some sort of achievement.

You should go add it to the 'top 10 fremantle moments' thread.
God knows there aint much else to put in there.

Of course it made my top ten... It was marvellous!

But depsite you closet Freo facination you fail to know where the feeling is coming from.

nobody wants to see fista-cuffs week in week out. It is not a desirable part of modern football, but in the same breath it is good to know what our lads can do when the doogs are up...

it wasnt some sort of achievement in a quantifiable on the scoreboard sense... it is more the underlying spirit at the very heart of competition that rose to the surface in a brutal yet righteous manner.

It had been too long coming for Read and that day he met his Judge, Jury and Executioner...(and it if werent for Modra, McIntosh and a maggot or two) he most surely would have met his maker!

Your posts here, there and everywhere on threads across Fremantle pages display some sort of homo-erotic facination with footballers and the game.... talk of posters of your favourite looking player/s in your bedroom is best left to the privacy of your bedroom. If that is you thing... fine...but we dont really want to here about it on Fremantle threads... Reserve that sort of gear to your own board where you can sit around and hold hands and all talk about Ben Michael, Phil or whomever is really doing it for you at the time.

Dale is the man here!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by S.J Rollin
nobody wants to see fista-cuffs week in week out. It is not a desirable part of modern football, but in the same breath it is good to know what our lads can do when the doogs are up...

it wasnt some sort of achievement in a quantifiable on the scoreboard sense... it is more the underlying spirit at the very heart of competition that rose to the surface in a brutal yet righteous manner.

1. So, are you for biffo or against it? Nah, you just want a bet each way, don't you?

2. Where was the "underlying spirit" when your blokes folded like card tables in the week before (83pts) and after (107pts)?

3. Is Kickett punching Read actually in your top 10 memorable Freo moments? No, seriously?

Maybe the fascination some fans have with the Read punch-up is that Kickett stood up and was counted in a team where that has happened a bit too rarely. Or maybe the hatred amongst some fans is so fierce that any victory over an Eagle (even if you're running one over on a zebra crossing in your car) is to be celebrated. Bit of a worry either way.

Oh, and Eagles by four goals in the derby - that is, in a "quantifiable on the scoreboard sense"

1.) Of Course it is an each way bet you clown. I love to see a bit of Biffo!!! A bit!...I dont want to see our game dominated by it such that folk who dont know what Australian Football is all about cant see past the rough & tumble. Or Mothers dont want there sons to participate in playing. Who says you cant win on an each bet?

2.) you got it so wrong with this one.... there is no point elaborating.

3.) yes definitely in my top 10... Well the whole day...the win, the biffo....all of it! It was just that (as stated previously), I was close enough to hear that first punch of Dale's... (mind you, they both started swinging at the same time but Read was too slow and could only Bich Slap)...anyway it cannoned into his face and the whole day was encapulated by that moment. God it was great!...

I moved from my cheap member budget seats to the more expensive and typically vacant centre wing area. (yes we have smaller crowds than the eagles). Me and a couple of other blokes i had never met before surrounded by a sea of wet toast supporters. it was terrific... and to come up trumps in all aspects was huge!!!

See if you can spot us in the crowd?

:eek: :eek: :D :eek: :eek: :eek:

1. Okay, you're into biffo, fair enough - but why would you bother saying things like "it's not a desirable part of modern football" when you obviously don't mean it? Just seems weird, that's all

2. Yeah, nice non-answer

3. So you've got a punch-up in the top 10 most memorable moments of your club's entire history. Geez, what more is there to say

You can talk Essendon/Carlton, Essendon/Collingwood, Collingwood/Carlton, Adelaide/Port....but no rivalry on BigFooty is as fierce as ours!

If were talking thuggery then what about little Jess Sinclair. Cant remember the year or the round or who won, well probably the Eagles :D but i do remember play coming to a halt and Cousins had the ball then out of nowhere Sinclair comes running at full speed and cannons into the back of an unsuspecting Cuz. Ben's neck snaps back rather disgustingly and a small brawl ensues.

Sinclair is dirty! Anbody else remember that one....

Anyways....Sabre get your $20 bucks ready come round 1.

Pretty sad to see they list a fight as the main moment for them....but still, if you have no premierships or finals to celebrate, you really have to scratch the bottom of the barrel...

:D

If were talking thuggery then what about little Jess Sinclair. Cant remember the year or the round or who won, well probably the Eagles :D but i do remember play coming to a halt and Cousins had the ball then out of nowhere Sinclair comes running at full speed and cannons into the back of an unsuspecting Cuz. Ben's neck snaps back rather disgustingly and a small brawl ensues.

Sinclair is dirty! Anbody else remember that one....

Yes I remember that and Sinclair was a bloody idiot, but I think something happened before that.

My hazy memory makes me think that it may be where Brodie Holland kicked a goal and the Cuz upended him a couple of seconds after the goal. I thought it was un neccessary by Cuz, but the charge by Sinclair was very amateur. Nowdays Holland would have got a second kick for goal.

Anyway I'm looking to the future.

Originally posted by Frodo

How many weeks for Farmer?

Two...pretty lame effort bt him and was thuggish.

Let me digress back to Dale for a moment...being well practised in the art of pugilism has nothing to do with thuggery. Thugs are often dealt lessons by the hands of Pugilists.

As for being remembered for such deeds... anybody remember a guy from Geelong by the name of Yates? Granted that he took out an absolute superstar at the first bounce on the last Saturday in September and Dale only removed a dirty little thug who cant fight from a Western Derby.

Can He Fight? Who knows?

Luckily we'll be playing football in Round1, so it doesn't really matter.

Bit unfortunate for Kicketty though. :p
Did he even touch the ball in the last Derby???

Just watched the Port game........wow Sabre, it sure is finals time again for Freo
F*ck off troll - as bad as Freo's disposal was, yours was worse.

Go peddle your trash elsewhere, u tosser.

Just watched the Port game........wow Sabre, it sure is finals time again for Freo :rolleyes:

How many weeks for Farmer?

Finals action is within our reach.
Same thing cannot be said for the disgrace that is your team.
Your dependance on one player is terrible, if cousins doesnt get 40 possessions, your team never looks like winning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back