Autopsy Dockers vs Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Tried our guts out but not good enough - no surprise there. Very happy with most of the team.

I just wish we could get better treatment from the maggots. Shafted us on a few occasions tonight especially when we were close.

Still really optimistic for our future but we definitely need more class up forward.

Tigers didn't come to play tonight and never really got out of third gear until we threatened to overrun them in the third quarter. I thought we played really well considering the short turn-around we've had, but we're not going anywhere long term if we don't fix up our cohesiveness in the F50.

Acres had a great game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't knock the effort. And it wasn't like Richmond didn't show up either, they were on fire for the first 10 minutes and I thought we were in for a fearful flogging.

But to our boys' credit they fought back, wrestled back the momentum, and dominated around the ground for much of the match. Our usual Achilles heel of a forward line (and forward line delivery) cost us the win.

Yeah we faded late thanks to a 4 day break and the umps lifting for Richmond in the last qtr, but there were a lot of positives to take out of that.

Fyfe reminded us what a force he is in the midfield. This year has been treated as a chance to develop our young mids, but I suspect once we're contending again he'll be back in the middle for the majority of games.

Hogan Tabs and Lobb works well. The pressure and lack of smalls crumbing was hit and miss, more miss.

Really need to work on hitting the short targets and forward link up.

Be nice if a few players would go back and take responsibility having the shot too.

Midfield very solid
Acres & Hogan pretty decent
Darcy underrated game - lots of first use
Tabs had a game where he could have been best on match winner & just spudded it up.
Conca ripper lockdown on dusty
Cox battled, but isn’t the type of defender that can take Lynch. Doesn’t use his body enough

Can't believe Brad Hardie. Saying it was a terrible game etc.

An older caller just took him to the cleaners which was great to hear.

My thoughts. Good effort, it seems such a grind to kick a goal unfortunately. Acres bog for us. Jesse's hands were great, his goalkicking is a worry. Great to see Jlo showing that passion.

Brennan Cox had a real stinker. Yes, against a good opponent.

Scoreboard flattered them massively. Once we can actually train as a full group and work on the connection between the mids and forwards, we will look so much better. It would also help if we could settle on a forward line and let them play together for the last couple of games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back