Autopsy Dockers vs Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

In before some numpty from the Norf board is over here offering Polec for Ryan straight swap

She's decent on the radio, on TV she tries to be a "personality" which evidently hasn't worked for her.
I find her irritating. She was making comments about Walters after he scored his only goal - being an energiser bunny or something to that effect. He was on camera when she was saying it, and I was thinking the exact opposite. Walters at the time looked like he was laid back enjoying Cable Beach sunset with a corona. She was getting all worked up for nothing.

I find her irritating. She was making comments about Walters after he scored his only goal - being an energiser bunny or something to that effect. He was on camera when she was saying it, and I was thinking the exact opposite. Walters at the time looked like he was laid back enjoying Cable Beach sunset with a corona. She was getting all worked up for nothing.
I think she makes the energiser bunny analogy 5 times each game

If I didn’t know better you’d think she was getting hot & bothered over Dusty, but to be fair the rest of them were barring up the 6 times he went near the ball.

I think she makes the energiser bunny analogy 5 times each game
Best she give each of the five a miss. Wouldn’t mind a little more energy from Son Son but she blew her lid for nothing. There was an awkward silence afterwards also which added to the moment. My young son made a comment like “she is weird daddy”.

Yeah it was like a pre-planned comment and she decided that was the time to implement it. Unnatural and jarring.

Yeah she definitely is, she's one of many trying to emulate Cometti and failing miserably at it. You don't need to tell jokes, impress us with your witticisms or personally appeal to us in other ways, just call the game organically and people will warm to you.

You see it in every line of work and every day. When some people do presentations, tell stories, recite memories etc, they try to be funny. But it turns out, some people just aren't, which heavily detracts from what they're saying. Commentators always sound cringeworthy when they're not actually funny, and unfortunately, most of them aren't.

You see it in every line of work and every day. When some people do presentations, tell stories, recite memories etc, they try to be funny. But it turns out, some people just aren't, which heavily detracts from what they're saying. Commentators always sound cringeworthy when they're not actually funny, and unfortunately, most of them aren't.
B. Zempilas 3 Votes.

The “Richmond laughing off mistakes” by the commentators got under my skin, if that was against anyone else the commentators would be framing it on how hubristic they looked.

And yes Underwood’s “He’s got springs in his knees as he soars into the night sky to take the mark,” was like a journo trying too hard to write like William Faulkner - cringeworthy.

The “Richmond laughing off mistakes” by the commentators got under my skin, if that was against anyone else the commentators would be framing it on how hubristic they looked.

And yes Underwood’s “He’s got springs in his knees as he soars into the night sky to take the mark,” was like a journo trying too hard to write like William Faulkner - cringeworthy.
Hubris indeed. If they give the Cats that clearance dominance they'll get done by 10 goals.

She's decent on the radio, on TV she tries to be a "personality" which evidently hasn't worked for her.
Yes. I think the female commentators are under far more pressure to be entertaining due to the added scrutiny when they're not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Underwood is hands down the worst commentator I have ever heard. And that's saying something. I think Basil Z is her role model, and she manages to out do him. They have that trait of rambling on with some increasingly louder and long winded monotone, describing what was an exciting play with extreme mundanity and still going while the next play is happening.

No.

We’ve lost Langdon and Hill, got a new coach who’s had to implement a new gameplan interrupted by COVID and then hub life plus we’ve been smashed by injury on top of that. All the teams you’ve mentioned have had stability and have improved from last year.

We’re going well.
Thank you for reassuring me, I was just having some doubt creep in after a loss, and feeling a little dejected about our win/loss record. It's onwards and upwards from here though!

Evidently The West are reading your posts...

Literally what I just posted in the list management thread. To the West - I was joking!

AFL 360 talk about Richmond whole post match & listen to Dimmas whole conference.

Let’s longmuir answer 2 questions, that’ll do.. typical

Not sure what you expect. It's Victorian show about a Victorian sport and Richmond are the world's most popular AFL Team.

Half of those need to be shots. We’re not far off.
I agree.

Backline: I don't think anyone can doubt the backs are doing their bit.
Midfield: Won the clearances. Generated more I50 than Richmond. OK at keeping possession while moving the ball between the 50s. On the right track.
Forwards: Had the opportunity to win us the game, but didn't convert. Last night, we were that piece of the puzzle away from cracking the game.

As that is all good. On the other side, the important forwards aren't kids and so can't be said to "need development". They should be capable, right now, of converting their chances and winning us the game.

You're right, he's the best forward we have, his accuracy has been dreadful for 8 years BUT has improved beyond belief this year.

Taberner's career goal accuracy is 67% which puts him in the equation with the best career records of anyone who has played the game.

Not bad for someone who's had dreadful accuracy for 8 years.

I agree.

Backline: I don't think anyone can doubt the backs are doing their bit.
Midfield: Won the clearances. Generated more I50 than Richmond. OK at keeping possession while moving the ball between the 50s. On the right track.
Forwards: Had the opportunity to win us the game, but didn't convert. Last night, we were that piece of the puzzle away from cracking the game.

As that is all good. On the other side, the important forwards aren't kids and so can't be said to "need development". They should be capable, right now, of converting their chances and winning us the game.
It’s not forward development per se, it’s forwards staying fit.
Do a comparison of Lynch/Riewoldt and how many games they have played together. Darling/Kennedy with Ryan
THEN compare that to how many Hogan and Tabs with Lobb have played.
It’s a chemistry issue. Probably 5 or 6 games over two season. Combined with during those 5 or 6 games, who has been the small forwards? Fredrick, Schulz need time with them also.

Its also the goals he misses though, momentum suckers. Tabs I'm talking about.
Just saw Langdon at Melbourne miss one that would've put them within 9 points, swans run it to the other end, goal.
It's when you miss, that's just as important imo.
We kick straighter in that first half at the G in 2013, and our cabinet would have something.

Just saw Langdon at Melbourne miss one that would've put them within 9 points, swans run it to the other end, goal.
We kick straighter in that first half at the G in 2013, and our cabinet would have something.
Oh boy. Yes I agree. I would give Fyfe another blasting, he did miss his set shot when it would’ve helped us. Same exact thing in 2013 GF unfortunately.
I back Hogan 40m out, he’s a ripper kick. Just needs to mark within his range.
The fact that both Tabs and Hogan can’t kick 50+ is indicting. AFL forwards should always have a raking kick. Both look scared even from 45.

Yep, something about bad kicking and bad footy.

Crazy thing is, if a FB makes a kicking clanger that coughs up a goal, everyone is all over the kicking mistake. Make too many of those, and you don't get a game down back.

But if a forward costs your team a goal through poor kicking? Well footy fans are way more lenient on those mistakes.

Yeah. Was not even smiling. Where did he pull that comment from?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back