Fremantle
Ducks 'Dockery' Docker 25 in 25

B: Shane Parker, Zac Dawson, Daniel Gilmore
HB: Dion Woods, Graham Polak, Scott Thornton
C: Shaun McManus, Luke Webster, Byron Schammer
HF: Winston Abraham, Kepler Bradley, Troy Longmuir
F: Paul Medhurst, Daniel Metropolis, Clive Waterhouse
R:Clem Michael, Nick Suban, Danyle Pearce
INT: Brandan Fewster, Leigh Brown, Dylan Smith, Colin Sylvia, James Clements, Trent Croad, Rhys Palmer

Listen to this weeks podcast to hear ducks justification of his 25.
From the 45min mark.

Caveats to be in the team
1. Average Skills but tried their hardest
2. Injury Prone
3. Left the club and became a better player
4. Was a part of a 'dockery' trade

If there are any omissions, please comment below with your 'dockery' docker missed and why they should be in the team.

Last edited:

clivenator26

Premiership Player
Jun 17, 2009
Latex Condo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Aston Villa
You should be ashamed having Shane Parker in there. You only have to hear Pav talk about him to understand the esteem in which he is held.

One bad kickout against Richmond seems to be remembered more than him battling and beating key forwards most weeks. Easily in our best 22 ever.

You should be ashamed having Shane Parker in there. You only have to hear Pav talk about him to understand the esteem in which he is held.

One bad kickout against Richmond seems to be remembered more than him battling and beating key forwards most weeks. Easily in our best 22 ever.

Agreed.

Parker was a Tremendous player for our club.

AAACockburn

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2013
Inside Wayne Carey's pain relief Ziplock.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
VFL
1560240900589.png

Galvo

Senior List
Feb 11, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
D. Parker = Yes, S. Parker - Blasphemy ( he is a legend in my eyes, gave 100% )

McManus = had his moments, but never a dud ( 100% man )

Clive = you should be struck down with lightening !!!!!.

Please add Collard, Anderson & Hargreaves.

I feel like the definition of a Dockery Docker wasn’t right. Clive and Kepler are up there with the ultimate Dockery Dockers. Enigmatic, marvellous and excruciatingly frustrating all in one package. A player you love but drives you mad at the same time.

PurpleReign95

Senior List
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I feel like the definition of a Dockery Docker wasn’t right. Clive and Kepler are up there with the ultimate Dockery Dockers. Enigmatic, marvellous and excruciatingly frustrating all in one package. A player you love but drives you mad at the same time.

this guy gets it!

Royalbeagle

Team Captain
Jun 11, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
This is my first post ever so I’m a bit hesitant to be writing about an issue that I’ve been quietly passionate about for a long time - Shane Parker and The Dockers (I will attempt to only write positive posts going forward!).

Anyway, the fact that The Dockers even mentioned him in this team sums up why I stopped renewing my membership and became a Dockers knocker. I was a member for a number of seasons in his era after having been a WAFL supporter for many years. I was keen on The Docker’s as i was a Fremantle person and wanted to see something of more substance than the franchise down the road. Unfortunately they just perpetually let me down.

As for Shane Parker, IMO he is simultaneous one of the worst players to ever play AFL and, at the same time, one of the most overrated. That’s really something! Probably a great bloke, and respect to him for being such a solid character I’m sure, but his playing was negative and dispassionate in the extreme. But hey, he played 200+ games, and I played none!

Sorry to Shane and indeed any people that love him and The Dockers. But as for The Cockburn Dockers, who cares?

sumavich

Premiership Player
Aug 29, 2006
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
So royal beagle you couldn’t handle the disappointment. I get that, but Parker played on some of the best ever players, in a pretty weak team. He tried his guts out, and stumped up every week to play on Lockett, dunstall etc. he really epitomises the battler that has become synonymous with Freo. Anyway thanks for your input, sort of!

Royalbeagle

Team Captain
Jun 11, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Thanks Sumavich!

Yeah, I get that he had his work cut out for him with those stopping roles you mention but I stand by my thoughts. It wasn’t his fault he kept getting picked! As I said, emblematic of why I just couldn’t support them any more (it was hard enough with the colours and song up to that point - torturous). Never regretted it.

Back