Docklands Stadium (Marvel Stadium) - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointing 46k at North Bombers clash, where were the missing 5k+?

Its always galling to see the vacant seats at Pattos@subi with sellouts & I know the Bombers are pushing season seat sales.

Anyone know a break down of seating at Etihad this season?

There was a big patch left empty on Level 1 near the Bombers cheer squad for some reason. Medallian Club not full. Level 3 was pretty much full (has an Essendon away members allocation on the dock side wing not totally full.

Disappointing 46k at North Bombers clash, where were the missing 5k+?

46k not really a bad figure, but too many no-shows in reserved seats (an issue across the board these days). Medallion club almost empty. Big block of empty premium seats on level 2 wing also.

GA area was packed, which is an excellent sign.

It poses a worrying question about the crowd for soo 1. If medallion club don't want to turn up for a afl sellout, why would they turn up for a nrl match?

True, for Origin and the Wallabies tests this year and in 2013. Should have some kind of 'use it or lose it' policy, whereby Medallion Club members need to indicate whether they are attending or not. If not, their seats can be resold and the members receive a credit towards next year's club fee in return.

Was unaware that Sat. night was a sell out :confused:. 46k will be North's best home crowd all year at Docklands, was the highest crowd both sides have played in front of at the venue.

True, for Origin and the Wallabies tests this year and in 2013. Should have some kind of 'use it or lose it' policy, whereby Medallion Club members need to indicate whether they are attending or not. If not, their seats can be resold and the members receive a credit towards next year's club fee in return.

indeed, though more like the essendon setup where if a member elects to resell their seat, rather than elect to keep their seat.

It poses a worrying question about the crowd for soo 1. If medallion club don't want to turn up for a afl sellout, why would they turn up for a nrl match?

More an event that may happen once a year or once every 12 years (in the case of the Lions Test) than an AFL match that happens 3 times a week up to about 45 times a year.

Pales into insignificance when compared with cricket.
All state cricket associations book their major stadia in case they win a place in the Sheffield Shield. Really, cricket would be much better off at boutique stadia and allowing the AFL blockbusters to open the season.
I don't know why people worry so much about one off rectangular games they've had stadia built for them all around Australia - why not use them FFS.
You have Geelong remaining at Geelong because there is a stadium contract yet they losing a huge crowd by not playing at Docklands.Here in the West we're losing say 200k a year by not having a decent capacity stadium.

$200k pa Cos will go nowhere near funding a new stadium.

Geelong turn good profits out of Kardinya Park versus many games in Melbourne that cost low drawing clubs money - are you suggesting a template to lose money in Perth?

Hey guys, just a quick question. Which end do the Geelong cheer squad usually go to at Etihad? Im going there for the first time to see Carlton vs Cats in June and was hoping to be down the Geelong end of things.

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walked from Southern Cross station to Etihad Stadium for the first time in about a year last night... The construction of a new building completely blocks the stadium from view when walking across the bridge!

Does anyone else think this new setup completely kills the atmosphere outside this part of the ground on gameday?

It looks really wierd now, and there'll be more of those buildings in the future.

Makes the ground look buried away in the concrete jungle. That's a stark contrast to the 'G, with it's gardens and beautiful surrounds. Another reason why the 'G looks more like a football ground than a "modern" concrete "arena".

Unfortunately, many men who start out in favour of the principles of feminism are turned off when they realise that many women are not in the least interested in equality, only furthering their own interests.

Hi guys,

I'm a Brisbane based Essendon supporter, and haven't seen a game in Victoria before. I'm coming down for the Essendon vs Bulldogs game at Etihad, and I was wondering where the best place to sit would be?

In the Gabba, I love the 'premium' seats at the top, so I'd assume that this would be the same as the general admission seats at Etihad? Is this right?

Thanks!

Hi guys,

I'm a Brisbane based Essendon supporter, and haven't seen a game in Victoria before. I'm coming down for the Essendon vs Bulldogs game at Etihad, and I was wondering where the best place to sit would be?

In the Gabba, I love the 'premium' seats at the top, so I'd assume that this would be the same as the general admission seats at Etihad? Is this right?

Thanks!

No GA for Essendon home games. You can get Level 3 premium seating which is the front half of rows on the wing. Level 2 is the best seats but also the priciest.

Awesome, thankyou!

Also, what's the reason for no GA at Essendon home games??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back