Docklands Stadium (Marvel Stadium) - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely with these changes the roof is now closed 100% during all day games? With those new light effects, a club only getting 7 home games there, if they had to waste one on a day game and the lighting effect was non-existent I'd be spewing.

Surely with these changes the roof is now closed 100% during all day games? With those new light effects, a club only getting 7 home games there, if they had to waste one on a day game and the lighting effect was non-existent I'd be spewing.

Because the stadium was built on the wrong axis and players have sun in their eyes
It was often open for day games around the 2007-2011 period. Usually open for cricket as well.

Unless it's wet, I don't get the point of closing the roof. It makes the ground look soulless, the open roof gives it life.

It was often open for day games around the 2007-2011 period. Usually open for cricket as well.

Unless it's wet, I don't get the point of closing the roof. It makes the ground look soulless, the open roof gives it life.
Roof closed is definitely better for the spectacle
Was a massive balls up built incorrectly

Unless you are watching on TV the roof shut is terrible. Even so on the TV it always looks dark and not enticing.

It somehow manages to feel more intimate and a better atmosphere when the roof is open.

It feels like a world class stadium with the roof open and a dull 2nd rate concrete structure with it closed.

Even at night in the middle of Winter, I’d say the roof could make it colder.

If it’s raining, you beauty, shut it, but if it’s not leave it open.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Unless you are watching on TV the roof shut is terrible. Even so on the TV it always looks dark and not enticing.

It somehow manages to feel more intimate and a better atmosphere when the roof is open.

It feels like a world class stadium with the roof open and a dull 2nd rate concrete structure with it closed.

Even at night in the middle of Winter, I’d say the roof could make it colder.

If it’s raining, you beauty, shut it, but if it’s not leave it open.

You realize it’s essentially a big tv studio

There was a dead pixel on the scoreboard on sunday...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I genuinely don’t get the hate.

It’s at the biggest transport hub in the state, it has views over the water and holds 50k people. It doesn’t need knocking down, it needs the roof opening up and some life around it. The stadium it self doesn’t have to many bad seats.

But it faces north-south :D

Seriously, this is one of the lamest reasons to dislike a stadium

I genuinely don’t get the hate.

It’s at the biggest transport hub in the state, it has views over the water and holds 50k people. It doesn’t need knocking down, it needs the roof opening up and some life around it. The stadium it self doesn’t have to many bad seats.

I completely agree. My theory is that people don’t like it on the basis that it isn’t the MCG. Put Marvel stadium in any other city in the world and it wouldn’t receive anywhere near the amount of hate.

I completely agree. My theory is that people don’t like it on the basis that it isn’t the MCG. Put Marvel stadium in any other city in the world and it wouldn’t receive anywhere near the amount of hate.
I don't like it because it has a roof. When it's sunny outside, at 1pm on a sunday arvo, the last thing I want to do is walk inside to watch footy and get blasted by LEDs and Fluro lights.

Replace the roof with glass please, and like needs to happen with the Shane Warne Stand, make the concourses wider and the food/bev outlets bigger to handle demand for games 40k+

If they're adding scoreboard screens at either end they won't be needing the corner ones. I wonder if the corner screens will be removed and more seating added. Hard Rock Stadium in Miami went the other way and didn't have end screens once they got corner ones in their renovation.
Ummmm what do you think those big concrete walls around those screens hold up? Maybe the roof ?

Need to play games with the roof open ridiculous to waste all that energy lighting a ground when the sun could do it just fine

Remove this Banner Ad

Back