Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Oz Release May 5 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

No amount of visual effects could make up for the flimsy plot.

5/10

How the movie should have ended.

The two boys sang their song. Scarlet Witch says "That was ******* s**t, boys. I've had second thoughts. It's all off".

What actually happened.

The plot revolves around the America character not being able to control of her super powers as she has passed through multi-universes. Two lines of dialog from Doctor Strange and she gains full control of her powers and saves the universe.

Well wanda became an avenger after a 60 second pep talk from Clint in Ultron. They are very persuasive.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
People suddenly finding new skills after a pep talk does not.

Variation and inconsistent magic skill powers is how this type of movie creates dramatic tension. Sometimes the protagonist or antagonist find it within themselves to find more powers, and you mindlessly move on as the action destruction takes you to the next scene.

But in this movie a short pep talk made it more glaring how silly it was that at first she had no control over her powers then nek minut full control.

The plot revolves around the America character not being able to control of her super powers as she has passed through multi-universes. Two lines of dialog from Doctor Strange and she gains full control of her powers and saves the universe.

Yeah, that quick pep talk and then non evil Multiverse Wanda "know they'll be looked after" line was enough to talk her down from everything. Would have been better after she scared the kids, for her to vanish and leave her whereabouts ambiguous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, that quick pep talk and then non evil Multiverse Wanda "know they'll be looked after" line was enough to talk her down from everything. Would have been better after she scared the kids, for her to vanish and leave her whereabouts ambiguous.

wouldve been funny if non evil wanda went with this

Sunglasses Deal With It GIF

Personally loved the movie, felt like a big departure but at the same time fitting fine in the MCU. The whole multiverse deal does look contradictory and confusing now, but I trust Marvel and Feige has it all planned out to make sense ultimately. They wouldnt balls up this train ride at this junction.

Looking forward to someone uploading Wandas Illuminati slaughtering with the Doom Music in the background. Her comment before to Reed about his kids was probably the most brutal moment for me, thats when you knew they were already dead.

Personally loved the movie, felt like a big departure but at the same time fitting fine in the MCU. The whole multiverse deal does look contradictory and confusing now, but I trust Marvel and Feige has it all planned out to make sense ultimately. They wouldnt balls up this train ride at this junction.

Looking forward to someone uploading Wandas Illuminati slaughtering with the Doom Music in the background. Her comment before to Reed about his kids was probably the most brutal moment for me, thats when you knew they were already dead.

Brave of
Reed to stretch out his hand to wanda knowing she could just slice him up like pasta.

black bolt shouldve eviscaratad her

Perhaps the trailers also misled this. That brief montage of Strange and America Chavez going from universe to universe in the trailers sure did fool me as well (would've loved to have seen more of that Dinosaur universe).

I'll also add, if it was the same Sinister Strange from What If (which I belive it is), I'm surprised how relatively easily he was defeated. That version was an all powerful, all encompasing entity that I actually was going to be recruited to fight Wanda - he could go toe to toe with her.
My theory is that the Sinister strange encountered in the damaged universe is current strange in the future (as we saw strange has the 3rd eye in the mid credit scene). So he was defeated as part of a recursive loop

and I noted the red flash as the temple came down on wanda, which to me suggests use of magic to escape

Sep 23, 2007
Supercoach Hell
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Orlando magic Baltimore Ravens
Biggest gripe was they essentially shat all over Wandavision. She had essentially come to the realisation at the end of that of the consequences of what she had done and how terrible it was. It was quite clear Raimi never watched the whole series.

Biggest gripe was they essentially shat all over Wandavision. She had essentially come to the realisation at the end of that of the consequences of what she had done and how terrible it was. It was quite clear Raimi never watched the whole series.
maybe wanda thought that the terrible consequences happened due to bringing vision back into this universe alive, and the dreams from across multiverse gave her the idea that it could be achievable to have her boys without vision and it would be OK without those consequences

though you are correct that Raimi didn't watch the whole series

Sep 23, 2007
Supercoach Hell
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Orlando magic Baltimore Ravens
maybe wanda thought that the terrible consequences happened due to bringing vision back into this universe alive, and the dreams from across multiverse gave her the idea that it could be achievable to have her boys without vision and it would be OK without those consequences

though you are correct that Raimi didn't watch the whole series
So from memory though, Vision is now back..Correct? Couldn't they just shack up, do some form of Stark IVF lol, or test tube twins?

She was literally searching multiverses for her kids, she had accepted losing Vision but the Darkhold had showed her she had the chance to get her kids back, at least in some capacity. The bigger issue is that the movie didnt really explain WHY she wanted these kids, who to most movie watchers would be confused to where they came from.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I also felt that
America Chavez looks like a young, brunette scarlett johansson.

trailers pre movie were jurassic park and thor: love and thunder.
Love and Thunder looks great definitely going to watch that.

Natalie Portman supposedly went hard core at the gym and fitness to get buff for the film can’t wait to see her

I’m guessing this will be the last time we see Chris as Thor.

Recko he’s done in playing Thor imo or maybe GOTG Vol 3 could be his last

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Love and Thunder looks great definitely going to watch that.

Natalie Portman supposedly went hard core at the gym and fitness to get buff for the film can’t wait to see her

I’m guessing this will be the last time we see Chris as Thor.

Recko he’s done in playing Thor imo or maybe GOTG Vol 3 could be his last
Nah shes too short mate. Trust us.

Back