benji2

Club Legend
May 19, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Sheffield Wednesday
There'd better be at least one classic series Doctor present - even if he's stuck in one of those time eddies that come along every 10 years or so

ManWithNoName

TheBrownDog
Apr 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
LFC, Demons, Melb City, Bears
There'd better be at least one classic series Doctor present - even if he's stuck in one of those time eddies that come along every 10 years or so
I'd hope so, but they might be worried about the fact that all of them would look SO much older. There's a chance of McGann, since he hasn't aged that much.

About a year ago I tweeted saying that all I wanted for the 50th Anniversary Special was a 4 part McGann-Eccleston-Tennant-Smith Time War story. I'll take Tennant-Smith-Hurt. Not bad. ;)

ManWithNoName

TheBrownDog
Apr 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams

benji2

Club Legend
May 19, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Sheffield Wednesday
I'd hope so, but they might be worried about the fact that all of them would look SO much older. There's a chance of McGann, since he hasn't aged that much.

About a year ago I tweeted saying that all I wanted for the 50th Anniversary Special was a 4 part McGann-Eccleston-Tennant-Smith Time War story. I'll take Tennant-Smith-Hurt. Not bad. ;)

Did actually hear that Peter Davison may be involved too - would be happy with that. Been meaning to listen to more of those audio dramas - thanks for the tip.

ManWithNoName

TheBrownDog
Apr 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Did actually hear that Peter Davison may be involved too - would be happy with that. Been meaning to listen to more of those audio dramas - thanks for the tip.
Davison coming back again after Time Crash? Aka "David Tennant fanboys out for 10 minutes".

Although it did have the greatest line in Doctor Who history.

Kram

I'll brik u
May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
True, but surely they could involve a couple of the classic Doctors with something like a quick voice over or 2. Or perhaps even a cameo from Davison and McGann. Otherwise they may as well just call it an 8th anniversary special or something..

ManWithNoName

TheBrownDog
Apr 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
True, but surely they could involve a couple of the classic Doctors with something like a quick voice over or 2. Or perhaps even a cameo from Davison and McGann. Otherwise they may as well just call it an 8th anniversary special or something..
Each episode in S7 contained a reference/throwback to each classic Doctor. There's the Light At the End amongst a whole lot of other tributes to Classic Who. It's a massive celebration. This TV special is one part of it, not the be all and end all.

I'm really looking forward to An Adventure in Space and Time.

Vader

Sith Lord
Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Peter Davison has featured heavily in the recent Doctor Who specials - Timey Wimey, Women of ... and Science of.... He's also David Tennant's father in law. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him appear in the 50th Anniversary special.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vader

Sith Lord
Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
It gets all very incestuous.
  • Georgia Moffett is Peter Davison's daughter. She is, thus, in reality, the daughter of the 5th Doctor.
  • She played the role of "Jenny" in the episode "The Doctor's Daughter", in which she played the role of the daughter (by cloning) of the 10th Doctor (Tennant).
  • She and Tennant have been married since 2011

Northworth

rebmeM ytooFgiB
Oct 10, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Exers
It gets all very incestuous.
  • Georgia Moffett is Peter Davison's daughter. She is, thus, in reality, the daughter of the 5th Doctor.
  • She played the role of "Jenny" in the episode "The Doctor's Daughter", in which she played the role of the daughter (by cloning) of the 10th Doctor (Tennant).
  • She and Tennant have been married since 2011

trust vader to find the father connection

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
This is as good a thread as any to post this. Has anybody noticed that all the Doctor Whos have never had a moustache or beard? Does anyone know whether this is a stipulation set down by the creators of the series? And why is Doctor Who only ever referred to as The Doctor, and never Doctor Who?

Northworth

rebmeM ytooFgiB
Oct 10, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Exers
This is as good a thread as any to post this. Has anybody noticed that all the Doctor Whos have never had a moustache or beard? Does anyone know whether this is a stipulation set down by the creators of the series? And why is Doctor Who only ever referred to as The Doctor, and never Doctor Who?
The Doctor is his name* - not Doctor Who - which is the name of the TV show.... the title of the show is meant to convey that there is a degree of mystery about who the Doctor actually is.

Facial hair has tended to be associated with the Master but it is an interesting observation

*not really - long story though

Bryce_Jersey17

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2012
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Sydney Swans, St Kilda Saints
The Doctor is his name* - not Doctor Who - which is the name of the TV show.... the title of the show is meant to convey that there is a degree of mystery about who the Doctor actually is.

Facial hair has tended to be associated with the Master but it is an interesting observation

*not really - long story though
The Doctor IS his name. Its the one he adopted. His true name, though... we don't know.
River would know.png

Niximus

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'd hope so, but they might be worried about the fact that all of them would look SO much older.

I have a theory in mind for how this could work.

In my mind, Time Lords can control how they age (River Song once mentioned ageing backwards to freak people out - which was used to explain why she looked older when we saw her regenerate compared to when we first saw her when she died). Secondly, being time travellers, they can bugger off for a hundred years or so and return moments after they apparently left. That would mean that say, 7 could look younger, go trotting off around the universe by himself, decide to age a bit in the process, have an adventure with a future version of himself and then return to a more youthful appearance when he returns to his companions, because he chooses to age relative to their ageing so that they feel comfortable.

Remove this Banner Ad