FTA-TV Doctor Who

Remove this Banner Ad

my conspiracy theory is that there is a connection between the time lords and the weeping angels

the ep with Timothy Dalton as the returning time lord had a middle-aged woman stand behind him in a pose akin to the angels... and the speculation was it was the doctor's mother....

I agree with this, it seemed as though becoming a weeping angel was a form of punishment

The Day of the Doctor - Children In Need clip

Nope. Nope. Nope
Im not risking it. Im not watching this until I see it on Saturday at the movies (3D!!!!)

I heard an interesting theory re. regenerations today.
Amy Pond had no idea (I think) that as the "11th Doctor". Therefore, when she brought him back after the Big Bang 2 (The Big Bang, S5) he may have been given a new cycle of regenerations through this.
Thoughts?

my other theory is about the Silence

i think they were secretly in the library when the doctro first meets river - the silence in the library

and that there is a connection there when river gets uploaded

I've been rewatching some Tennant episodes before tomorrow. I'm watching The Waters of Mars. Jesus I forgot how amazing and soul destroying this episode is. And how good Tennant is.
And how "horrible" the special effects were for the Flood? Just like the old days!

This is as good a thread as any to post this. Has anybody noticed that all the Doctor Whos have never had a moustache or beard? Does anyone know whether this is a stipulation set down by the creators of the series? And why is Doctor Who only ever referred to as The Doctor, and never Doctor Who?
As for the facial hair, the other day I remembered some interesting facts. David Tennant says in Time Crash (with his father-in-law, Peter Davison) "Look at the bone structure Doctor, cos one day, you'll be shaving it". Suggesting that The Doctor shaves. Also, in The Silence episodes (Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon) Matt Smith grows a beard in his time inside Area 51. Just food for thought

Actually I do seem to recall in one of Tom Baker's episodes when he is wandering one of the many rooms within the Tardis with either Sarah Jane or Leela, that he makes mention of having a shaving mirror.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This shot though.

tumblr_mwqiy3JBJK1qjh9jko1_500.gif

This shot though.

tumblr_mwqiy3JBJK1qjh9jko1_500.gif

First Doctor to appear before he has regenerated.

Also we now have a partial regeneration scene for War Doctor to 9th. So we've got all the regenerations.

Also was anyone else expecting the destroyed statues to have been replaced by weeping angels and not Zygons?

First Doctor to appear before he has regenerated.

Also we now have a partial regeneration scene for War Doctor to 9th. So we've got all the regenerations.

Also was anyone else expecting the destroyed statues to have been replaced by weeping angels and not Zygons?

Your last point, absolutely.

More missing episodes found - William Hartnell's Marco Polo ..

"The BBC is preparing to air seven lost Dr Who episodes after a fan revealed he recorded them in 1964.
The series was thought to have been lost forever until a cine camera-owning fan came forward saying he had captured them when they were first aired in the 1960s.

Although the camera didn't record the sound, staff at BBC Worldwide have been painstakingly restoring the footage and adding the audio so they can be shown next month"
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tored-fan-recorded-TV.html?ico=home^headlines

More missing episodes found - William Hartnell's Marco Polo ..

"The BBC is preparing to air seven lost Dr Who episodes after a fan revealed he recorded them in 1964.
The series was thought to have been lost forever until a cine camera-owning fan came forward saying he had captured them when they were first aired in the 1960s.

Although the camera didn't record the sound, staff at BBC Worldwide have been painstakingly restoring the footage and adding the audio so they can be shown next month"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tored-fan-recorded-TV.html?ico=home^headlines

Far out. Truly is The Day of the Doctor. Amazing.

If you're on Tumblr at all, Matt Smith recorded a video on his phone sending a message to all the fans and sent it to the Doctor Who Tumblr. Check it out. The guy is awesome. He actually recorded it while he was waiting at a restaurant.

The 21st century rocks.

I thought it was a terrific episode and loved the ending. Well worth waking up early to watch it. Thankfully I don't live in Perth!
I'm in two minds on the ending ... but won't say any more until after the prime time airing for those who didn't get up. There were a few nice little touches though. They story didn't over-reach in the end, even if it looked like it was going to any number of times.

edit: Marco Polo as well. Maybe the early runours were true and almost eerything has been discovered (still very unlikely, but suddenly hopeful).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back