FTA-TV Doctor Who

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished it on iView, one of the better christmas specials in recent years

Just watched the Angels take Manhattan for the first time :'(:'(:'(. Very good episode.

Goodbye Ponds

So they are having a female doctor this time really hope it wasn't a PC agenda.
It was. I just hope they write for a Doctor and not specifically for a female. But given the BBC have been after this for a while, I suspect to be let down with a whole year of "look, I'm a woman now".
Some mention, fine, it would be a change even for a Timelord/Timelady. But if they just hammer the point all season, its a loss. Ideally, it should be treated like any other regeneration. If Jodie Whittaker can act the part, and the writing is up to scratch, all good. Gender makes no difference.
I don't recall seeing her before (must have done); but they haven't cast a bad doctor before, so I have few fears they started now. Even Colin Baker wasn't bad casting, but bad writing hit his time hard.

Hmm day change from Sunday to Monday

Not fussed. In this day and age not many people watch shows 'live' - as it's broadcast - instead people watch during the week when it suits them, so I don't think it'll impact me, or many others, much.

Not fussed. In this day and age not many people watch shows 'live' - as it's broadcast - instead people watch during the week when it suits them, so I don't think it'll impact me, or many others, much.
6482d2070462528fd84d21211215534f4de0f476r1-200-203_hq.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I missed last season, is it worth watching?
I really liked the last season (10). Thought it was one of the better ones. Worth checking out.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Very, very, very well thought out episode. Somewhat predictable plot
Ryan's grandma's death was predictable as was the 3 going accidentally getting teleported into the TARDIS
I really liked Yasmin she seems like an interesting character. Should be a good season and I am looking forward to it immensely!

I see it's getting a lot of flak from the haters on FB and the like but you know I actually really liked it. I'm usually jaded and worried about the forced SJW and diversity stuff in some things but all that went out the window once it started up. The increased budget or whatever was noticeable, there was some nice cinematic stuff going on there.

And considering how big a change the actual Doctor is, I found Jodie's role incredibly seamless all things considered. It took me a while to adjust to say, Matt Smith, but not so here. And her goofy facial expressions really fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back