FTA-TV Doctor Who

Remove this Banner Ad

I really enjoyed it. My only gripe with Jodie is that some of her words can be mumbled. I’ve never had a problem with accents but it might be just be her vocal range. I’m hard of hearing (50% deaf) so if she mumbles I can’t hear a word she says
I use subtitles, helps a lot

I did enjoy that. One of the better debut episodes. Had a nice Stranger Things atmosphere going for it.

Jodie Whittaker was absolutely fine. Haven't read what the wider community felt but there should be no issue after that.

She did come off a bit like David Tennant's Doctor, even down to that long coat but I think it'll work for her.

I don't mind if they explore the Doctor still getting used to being a woman for a bit, at least in her first season. Would make sense after 13th separate lives as a bloke.

I did enjoy that. One of the better debut episodes. Had a nice Stranger Things atmosphere going for it.

Jodie Whittaker was absolutely fine. Haven't read what the wider community felt but there should be no issue after that.

She did come off a bit like David Tennant's Doctor, even down to that long coat but I think it'll work for her.

I don't mind if they explore the Doctor still getting used to being a woman for a bit, at least in her first season. Would make sense after 13th separate lives as a bloke.

I enjoyed her line about "Haven't bought women's clothes in a while". Cross dressing streak in the Doctor's past. :p

I enjoyed her line about "Haven't bought women's clothes in a while". Cross dressing streak in the Doctor's past. :p
I like the theory that the 'First' Doctor is not the first incarnation of that particular Time Lord, just the first to take the name Doctor.

The Brain of Morbius Second Doctor Episode showed 8 faces implied to be previous incarnations as well as dialogue that suggested that the Doctor had 'renewed' more than once.

My headcanon is that The Doctor is actually on her third cycle of regenerations, and that perhaps the Time Lord now known as the Doctor might not have been such a good person the first 13 times - the 8 faces from above and 5 unknown that may have included female incarnations. Something happened during that Time Lord's final incarnation when they were about to die for real and faced with mortality they regretted their past. Somehow they steal a new cycle of regenerations and then a TARDIS and make a vow to travel time and space atoning for it by helping and healing they then take the title Doctor.

I also like the theory that the Peter Cushing Doctor is actually a future incarnation who has been captured by an enemy and forced to relive moments from his past (more or less).

I like the theory that the 'First' Doctor is not the first incarnation of that particular Time Lord, just the first to take the name Doctor.

The Brain of Morbius Second Doctor Episode showed 8 faces implied to be previous incarnations as well as dialogue that suggested that the Doctor had 'renewed' more than once.

My headcanon is that The Doctor is actually on her third cycle of regenerations, and that perhaps the Time Lord now known as the Doctor might not have been such a good person the first 13 times - the 8 faces from above and 5 unknown that may have included female incarnations. Something happened during that Time Lord's final incarnation when they were about to die for real and faced with mortality they regretted their past. Somehow they steal a new cycle of regenerations and then a TARDIS and make a vow to travel time and space atoning for it by helping and healing they then take the title Doctor.

I also like the theory that the Peter Cushing Doctor is actually a future incarnation who has been captured by an enemy and forced to relive moments from his past (more or less).

Yeah not a bad theory, and I think that ties into the idea that the Doctor was one of the founders of Time Lord society.

It's a shame Who never had a deeper book universe like Star Wars and others do, where it tied in better to the show, because a lot of these concepts could be quite cool.

Hmm struggled with this one. Its not Jodie , it could be Bradley and it might be Yas and Ryan or it could be the group is too big.

Or it could be the writing. And the subject.

I struggled. Though who is GFB? Stormcage? Is that meant to be a sledgehammer nod to Stormfront?

Bah I shall be back next Monday hoping it improves

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm struggled with this one. Its not Jodie , it could be Bradley and it might be Yas and Ryan or it could be the group is too big.

Or it could be the writing. And the subject.

I struggled. Though who is GFB? Stormcage? Is that meant to be a sledgehammer nod to Stormfront?

Bah I shall be back next Monday hoping it improves
Storm age is the same prison where River Song ended up. It’s a small and possibly unnecessary nod to Moffat’s work

Seems I'm alone in liking that episode. Then I've always liked the historic episodes.
It really was a bit heavy-handed in the way it played the racism card. That was clearly the main point of the episode. I did like the touch of sending the bad guy waaay back in time.

Still, it was better than the recent Madam Secretary episode with the 3 previous Secretaries of State (Powell, Clinton, Albright). Now that was a seriously heavy hand, which completely changed the tone of the episode for the last 10 minutes.

It really was a bit heavy-handed in the way it played the racism card. That was clearly the main point of the episode. I did like the touch of sending the bad guy waaay back in time.

Still, it was better than the recent Madam Secretary episode with the 3 previous Secretaries of State (Powell, Clinton, Albright). Now that was a seriously heavy hand, which completely changed the tone of the episode for the last 10 minutes.

Hasn't modern DW always had social commentary? (new to DW) Not the most uplifting episode but thought it was good they didn't sugar coat it.

Thought the ep was great.

Tonights was ok. A nice little locked box puzzle.

Am I right in saying this is the 1st time there has been a PG warning or have I missed them before

Always been there.

Loved that ep, felt very Classic Who.

So they've turned the Dr into an irritating Tyke chatterbox with a small repertoire of 'gormless' looks.

Shame.

You mean like Tennant or Smith..?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back