FTA-TV Doctor Who

Remove this Banner Ad

:tearsofjoy:

Who is your Top 5?

I didn't like the CE years, I actually stopped watching Dr Who not long after his first season (Billie Piper was the highlight).
He never felt like a Dr.

1. Tom Baker
2. David Tennant (had the best sidekick in Dr Who history in Donna Noble)
3. Jon Pertwee
4. Peter Davidson
5. Matt Smith

I didn't like the CE years, I actually stopped watching Dr Who not long after his first season (Billie Piper was the highlight).
He never felt like a Dr.

1. Tom Baker
3. Jon Pertwee
4. Peter Davidson
5. Matt Smith

"Years" "first season"

You know he was only on the show for a year..?

You're not exactly coming off as very well informed and your view on JW just comes off as base sexism.

He never felt like a Dr.

1. Tom Baker
3. Jon Pertwee
4. Peter Davidson
5. Matt Smith
Ecclestone had 1 year only

"Years" "first season"

You know he was only on the show for a year..?

You're not exactly coming off as very well informed and your view on JW just comes off as base sexism.

Oh * sorry, didn't know you were a soft utensil SJW, finding sexism when it's not there.

Even after I praised Catherine Tate for being awesome, it's got to be sexism!

I stopped watching in 2004, didn't start watching again until Catherine Tate was announced on the show when apparently there was a new Dr.

Being "well informed" has nothing to do with commenting on if a Dr with a thickie northern accent is enjoyable or not.

I prefer my Dr's southern thank you.

Oh **** sorry, didn't know you were a soft utensil SJW, finding sexism when it's not there.

Even after I praised Catherine Tate for being awesome, it's got to be sexism!

I stopped watching in 2004, didn't start watching again until Catherine Tate was announced on the show when apparently there was a new Dr.

Being "well informed" has nothing to do with commenting on if a Dr with a thickie northern accent is enjoyable or not.

I prefer my Dr's southern thank you.

What a melt.

Looks like I hit a nerve.

How could you stop watching in 2004 when the revival only started in 2005?

Always been there.

Loved that ep, felt very Classic Who.
Chibnall did say he wanted it to feel like watching 60s Who. I guess the Rosa and Punjab stories hark back to the historicals. I think both would have been better as "pure" historicals, the sci-fi (time traveller baddie / aliens to witness the dead) seemed tacked on because "its a sci fi show". I still enjoyed the episodes, I just wonder if they could have been stronger by going closer to the 60s historical. Maybe not, and the kiddies expect some aliens (other than a single Gallifreyan) in there.

And doing the partition of India is a damned ballsy move for the Beeb. With "Rosa" it was always a clear thing, few would argue against the "racism is bad" theme. Dealing with India-Pakistan rivalry is a more risky move in the UK than here. As in physically risky, outside chance of riot in the streets, level of risk. I expect they have been flooded with complaints already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a melt.

Looks like I hit a nerve.

How could you stop watching in 2004 when the revival only started in 2005?

Not a melt at all, a piss take.

It's not like one can take an "apparent" man seriously when he pulls out the sexist card when none is present.

If you'd led with a "bias against northerners" then I couldn't have argued with you.

He never felt like a Dr.

1. Tom Baker
3. Jon Pertwee
4. Peter Davidson
5. Matt Smith
Each to their own, but no Troughton? I didn't think that was even possible.
Then again, I really liked McCoy even if some the stories were rather poor indeed.

Chibnall did say he wanted it to feel like watching 60s Who. I guess the Rosa and Punjab stories hark back to the historicals. I think both would have been better as "pure" historicals, the sci-fi (time traveller baddie / aliens to witness the dead) seemed tacked on because "its a sci fi show". I still enjoyed the episodes, I just wonder if they could have been stronger by going closer to the 60s historical. Maybe not, and the kiddies expect some aliens (other than a single Gallifreyan) in there.

And doing the partition of India is a damned ballsy move for the Beeb. With "Rosa" it was always a clear thing, few would argue against the "racism is bad" theme. Dealing with India-Pakistan rivalry is a more risky move in the UK than here. As in physically risky, outside chance of riot in the streets, level of risk. I expect they have been flooded with complaints already.
100% agree. Haven't watched this week's Ep but would have loved Rosa more as a pure historical. I chuckle when I see people whinging about the show trying to be too educational and that that's not what doctor who is about... When that's precisely what it began as.

And yes I'm loving the 60s vibe, was one of my favourite eras of the show and basically what I grew up on when ABC showed it back in 2003.

Then again, I really liked McCoy even if some the stories were rather poor indeed.
But Mccoy is a northerner. ;)

Not a melt at all, a piss take.

It's not like one can take an "apparent" man seriously when he pulls out the sexist card when none is present.

If you'd led with a "bias against northerners" then I couldn't have argued with you.
Because you claimed not to like her for her characterisation when she models herself on one of your top 5 in tennant. So you moved the goalposts to her accent which again was a flimsy excuse. Leaves a rather obvious answer.

Can't put them all in.

I put PD in because in my eyes he of all the Dr's had the hardest Dr to follow in TB and was more a victim of that and not being given more top shelf stories to work with.

Most people won't have him in their top 5 but I always enjoyed his portrayal.

Because you claimed not to like her for her characterisation when she models herself on one of your top 5 in tennant. So you moved the goalposts to her accent which again was a flimsy excuse. Leaves a rather obvious answer.

Well obviously she hasn't got anywhere near being Tennant because I can't notice it. If that's what the actor has said they are doing then it's a massive fail.

5. T. Baker
4. Hartnell
3. Tennant
2. Pertwee
1. Capaldi

For me. Purely on strength of their character and acting not necessarily the stories they were given. Sadly haven't seen enough Troughton due to lost episodes, but he and Colin Baker are right on the periphery for me, then Ecclestone and Mccoy, then Smith and Davidson.

I might be on my own but I'm finding the season to be as boring as batshit. The writing is very ordinary.
Yeah it's not great, but I do like the direction they've taken. This is the sort of Who I love.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back