FTA-TV Doctor Who

Remove this Banner Ad

Picked them both up today, love that on The Faceless Ones you can either watch it as an entirely animated adventure or with the two existing episodes that have been recovered. Love being able to watch a classic adventure for the first time.

I don't like how they took artistic/creative liberties on some elements of the animation, like on The Macra Terror and Fury from The Deep. As a purist, I like the animations to be as authentic to the source material as possible.

Btw have you gotten the season 8 blu ray collection yet ? To sum up, it is stunning, especially the upgrading of Terror of the Autons and The Mind of Evil, which I know consider to be a top ten all time classic, and the second best Pertwee, after Inferno.

The bonus features are amazing and really enjoyable too.

The Terrance Dicks tribute hosted by Frank Skinner had me in tears. I think in all honesty, it is the best classic series box set yet, your wife (whom I believe you said is a Pertwee fan) will love it

I don't like how they took artistic/creative liberties on some elements of the animation, like on The Macra Terror and Fury from The Deep. As a purist, I like the animations to be as authentic to the source material as possible.

Btw have you gotten the season 8 blu ray collection yet ? To sum up, it is stunning, especially the upgrading of Terror of the Autons and The Mind of Evil, which I know consider to be a top ten all time classic, and the second best Pertwee, after Inferno.

The bonus features are amazing and really enjoyable too.

The Terrance Dicks tribute hosted by Frank Skinner had me in tears. I think in all honesty, it is the best classic series box set yet, your wife (whom I believe you said is a Pertwee fan) will love it

Not sure I can quite reconcile these two points haha.

I quite like the animation..

watching Capaldi ''Missy'' Season. Clara shits me in this season. I would have booted her out of the Tardis and into a black hole

I loved Clara, what was wrong with her?

I loved Clara, what was wrong with her?
The character was just a lying adrenaline junkie that used people and thought her actions were justified

Dragging children into the tardis like it's the fun fair , blackmailing both men in her life

Danny should have kicked her to the curb and the Doctor should have shoved her into the volcano

No other doctor would have put up with her

Jenna Coleman did a good job but clara was a campaigner

Noel Clarke and John Barrowman are a disgrace who should never ever appear on Who again (or any other media for that matter)

I heard rumours about JB's perverted and sleazy behaviour years ago (which apparently was a big decision why Eccleston left after one season) but am truly disappointed and pissed off with Clarke and his toxic behaviour.

This scandal has really left a very bad taint on the RTD era as a whole (I believe Moffat knew about what kind of sex pest Barrowman was, which is why he never brought him back during his tenure as show runner)

Noel Clarke and John Barrowman are a disgrace who should never ever appear on Who again (or any other media for that matter)

I heard rumours about JB's perverted and sleazy behaviour years ago (which apparently was a big decision why Eccleston left after one season) but am truly disappointed and pissed off with Clarke and his toxic behaviour.

This scandal has really left a very bad taint on the RTD era as a whole (I believe Moffat knew about what kind of sex pest Barrowman was, which is why he never brought him back during his tenure as show runner)

Scandal?

Will post the stuff about Barrowman later, but astonished you still haven't kknow about the Noel Clarke stuff. Its been all over social media/facebook/Twitter in the past 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

' Mickey ' hasn't been on Dr Who in over 10 years.

My watching of early seasons won't be affected by this at all

I mean I never rated him anyway

Barrowman - I would like more info - but if he never came back it wouldn't change my view of Captain Jack

Barrowman likes to whip his dick out.

Will post the stuff about Barrowman later, but astonished you still haven't kknow about the Noel Clarke stuff. Its been all over social media/facebook/Twitter in the past 4
You're astonished quite regularly. I read about Clarke but saw no news of Barrowman. As to your supposition about why Eccleston left or the tarnishing of eras, you're over the top attitude is boring yet again.

Chibnall leaving could be a shot in the arm for the series. They need to get in someone that knows what the are doing and stay away from all the PC crap.

Whitaker could have been great with the right showrunner. I do feel sorry for her with all the crap she has copped from fans when the large majority of it isn't really her fault.

Chibnall leaving could be a shot in the arm for the series. They need to get in someone that knows what the are doing and stay away from all the PC crap.

Whitaker could have been great with the right showrunner. I do feel sorry for her with all the crap she has copped from fans when the large majority of it isn't really her fault.

The "PC Crap" has been with the show since inception..

What they need to stay away from is hamfisted storylines and treating viewers like their idiots who need the morals of the story spelled out..

Although with posts like the above perhaps people genuinely didn't know the point of the stories they were watching.

Yes, but it has never been as obnoxiously over the top as it has been since Whitaker became the Doctor.

Right, so it's the delivery not the content which is the issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back