Dodgy petroleum deal covers up gross and treasonous negligence by the Morrison govt

Dry Rot

My hat is better than yours
Feb 21, 2002
Hawaii
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
That precious surplus is getting costlier by the day.

A bid by the Morrison government to avoid spending billions of dollars on a vast stockpile of emergency fuel has won crucial support from the world's peak energy agency ahead of a possible deal with United States President Donald Trump.

Jim Molan is on the money. This is gross and treasonous negligence. The Governor General should dismiss this govt immediately.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Once upon a time when you were a wet rot, we made our own fuel.

If your gonna store your oil anywhere, under the gaurd of the American military, is probably the best bet.

But but but are we paying market price or is it the stuff we stole from Syria?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HairyO

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

A bid by the Morrison government to avoid spending billions of dollars on a vast stockpile of emergency fuel has won crucial support from the world's peak energy agency ahead of a possible deal with United States President Donald Trump.

Jim Molan is on the money. This is gross and treasonous negligence. The Governor General should dismiss this govt immediately.
So they are going to save billions of dollars and not flood the country with evil fossil fuels.

Come on lefties, this is manna from sky fairy land !

Power Raid

TheBrownDog
Oct 15, 2004
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Australia has not met its own target for fuel stockpiles for two decades

A number of Qld companies are lobbying the government to have oil in shale to be classed as strategic reserves.....which I strongly disagree with.

but what is certain is, this is nothing new.

Kwality

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 14, 2011
Tootgarook
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Renault F1

Is this news to you ...

Dry Rot

My hat is better than yours
Feb 21, 2002
Hawaii
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The treason continues, and what arse licking deal have we agreed to in return?

Australia reaches breakthrough deal to buy US emergency oil supplies

The deal, which involves leasing US storage facilities, means the government will not need to spend billions of dollars building expensive new storage facilities in Australia.

Taylor and Morrison should be shot by a firing squad commanded by Jim Moran.

Penny pinching traitors.

Power Raid

TheBrownDog
Oct 15, 2004
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The treason continues, and what arse licking deal have we agreed to in return?

Australia reaches breakthrough deal to buy US emergency oil supplies

The deal, which involves leasing US storage facilities, means the government will not need to spend billions of dollars building expensive new storage facilities in Australia.

Taylor and Morrison should be shot by a firing squad commanded by Jim Moran.

Penny pinching traitors.

how long do you feel we will be oil dependent?

From a personal perspective, I feel we will be for at least 20 more years and thus should build the facilities. However, if we have the electric car dominate within 10 years, perhaps it makes sense not to invest in the facility.

Further there seems to be a massive roll out of new petrol stations in our cities, what is the storage capacity of that, plus ordinary storage?

Lastly 1 life is lost for every 4 diesel convoys in war time (land based and a US statistic). So I'm not sure of the reliability of fuel off shore. Balancing this, our military is investigating the EV and the SMR negating the need for diesel.

Top Bottom