Review Does 2018 hurt anymore?

Remove this Banner Ad

2017 washed away all the pain...2018 was always going to be a bonus. It's just awesome to be up the top of the ladder contending again after all these years. Competition for spots. Fans chucking wobblies because we delist some of our B graders and us EXPECTING to win each time we trot out is just fantastic. It's been a long time coming and whilst the prelim loss to the filth did hurt....it was cushioned by the fact that we're better than them, but we had a shocker on the day. That will build a lot of hunger for this year you'd think.

Hurt a lot less as soon as WC won the GF. The pies losing after being 6 goals up was extremely delicious.
Unless you live in Perth you hear bugger all about West Coast - so not hard to take.

Want 1 more flag from this group.

Funnily enough I look at the opposition and really only see Melbourne improving. Not ruling out West Coast and Pies but I just don't see them getting better regardless of Beams.
Adelaide and Essendon probably will but I don't have them as contenders.

Hurt a lot less as soon as WC won the GF. The pies losing after being 6 goals up was extremely delicious.
Unless you live in Perth you hear bugger all about West Coast - so not hard to take.

Want 1 more flag from this group.

Funnily enough I look at the opposition and really only see Melbourne improving. Not ruling out West Coast and Pies but I just don't see them getting better regardless of Beams.
Adelaide and Essendon probably will but I don't have them as contenders.
what makes Adelaide better or do you see them as a sneaky wc 2017-2018

what makes Adelaide better or do you see them as a sneaky wc 2017-2018

They had a bad year with injuries. They're a top 8 side IMO

For me the drop will come from Collingwood and West Coast - both still top 8, just around 5th or 6th

Yes, what hurts most is that we didn't improve the list ,we should have gone after a ready-made player like every other premiership team does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly it did hurt on the night and maybe for a week or two afterwards, but the thing that makes me get over it quicker is that we've got a genuine flag contending team together for at least the next 3-4 years, and we will have other chances, plus we've already jagged one too.

The expectation of Richmond by many was that we'd do a Bulldogs of 2017 and fall away, but it's clear that we weren't a one hit wonder, but that we've become somewhat of a powerhouse on-field club now. I still think we need to win another flag or maybe even 2 to be fairly in that type of conversation, however the fact that we're even seriously CONSIDERED in the conversation now is pretty special.

Look where things were at in 2016 for our clubs perception as a whole... compared to now. I don't think we've ever started a season as a premiership favourite, but that's how good we've become, and it's legitimately true because we've proven it. 18-4 last season after a flag. Not many teams go b2b, but not many teams even have a dominant season after a flag either, which we did.

I can go back and watch games over the past 2 years and see a clear brand, style, and precision to our football for about 95% of the matches. Prior to that, it was a lucky dip which Richmond we'd get most weeks... even in our 2013-2015 finals years.

So overall, sucky loss, but I'm feeling pretty good as a Tigers fan heading into 2019 still.

I would still be gutted now if that was our only chance to win another flag so knowing we have a list to challenge again ive moved on and the fact
That scumwood didnt win the flag helps the healing process.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back