• Fail

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Fail

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Really bad fail

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How much more damage can justin reid do to this club? Over contracts and over pays players and is absolutely useless in trading players. No wonder other clubs keep coming at our players because they get traded by reid for a packet of chips.

There’s reasons why we accepted the deals we did ST.

All will be revealed in due course - it’s just not the right time to share this information right now.

Soon we'll ride our way to the Menzel / Gore / McAdam value buy driven premierships that we so richly deserve.

Expect a lot of 'the Crows thought Frampton was really worth a first rounder and would go top 1 in this draft' stories to pop up in the 'Tiser for the next few months gleefully ridden over the waterfall by our plankton.

Well, I suppose you'd have to be pretty embarassed to only get a future fourth rounder out of us.

Should have threatened to walk out of we didnt give them our future first. We'd have offered to validate their parking on the way out.

Soon we'll ride our way to the Menzel / Gore / McAdam value buy driven premierships that we so richly deserve.

Expect a lot of 'the Crows thought Frampton was really worth a first rounder and would go top 1 in this draft' stories to pop up in the 'Tiser for the next few months gleefully ridden over the waterfall by our plankton.

How lucky were we that the guys we ranked 1-5 in the upcoming draft were still available at each of our first 5 picks too.

Carlton have sold a dream to their members about targeting mature talent, future trading with us because they were always going to trade that pick and all they've brought in is Eddie Betts. I'd much rather be in our position than what Carlton have managed to serve up. SOS owns the trade periods though apparently.

Do you not see the contradiction in terms in wanking on about cap space, whilst declaring that we shouldnt be concerned with having good players (or presumably with getting value for them when we lose them) because of a rebuild?

What the frig is that unspent cap space going to be doing for us exactly?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton have sold a dream to their members about targeting mature talent, future trading with us because they were always going to trade that pick and all they've brought in is Eddie Betts. I'd much rather be in our position than what Carlton have managed to serve up. SOS owns the trade periods though apparently.

I get what you’re saying but outperforming the resident AFL basket case of the last decade isn’t exactly something to hang your hat on.

Do you not see the contradiction in terms in wanking on about cap space, whilst declaring that we shouldnt be concerned with having good players (or presumably with getting value for them when we lose them) because of a rebuild?

What the frig is that unspent cap space going to be doing for us exactly?
I do, but does the AFL still have that rule enforcing a minimum cap spend? Without actually knowing how any of this works, one would assume other contracts are re-jigged to reallocate salary from future years. But I don't know.

I also don't think Keath and Greenwood were worth much more than what we got for them.

I get what you’re saying but outperforming the resident AFL basket case of the last decade isn’t exactly something to hang your hat on.
That's true, but most here have implored the club to do exactly what they are doing. We can't expect to walk away with 5 first round picks. Those players simply weren't worth that.

I'm have no strong feelings about Reid one way or another but it seems a little unfair to blame him when the context surrounding this fire sale had nothing to do with him. Does our trade period end up looking this way if we hadn't appointed a mediocre GM and sent our players on some experimental camp which destroyed our team's morale?

I do, but does the AFL still have that rule enforcing a minimum cap spend? Without actually knowing how any of this works, one would assume other contracts are re-jigged to reallocate salary from future years. But I don't know.

I also don't think Keath and Greenwood were worth much more than what we got for them.
Minimum cap spend is 95% of the total cap but the cap is fluid over several years.

Has a club ever had a worse trade period? Countless assets lost, including valuable assets, only Frampton worth anything in return.

Last years was probably worse.

Had a ton of currency, let Port outmanoeuvre us and steal some absolute guns from right under our nose.

Two pathetic years in a row - but what do you expect from a Club with no clear strategy or plan, and a shithouse, lame Duck executive?

Last years was probably worse.

Had a ton of currency, let Port outmanoeuvre us and steal some absolute guns from right under our nose.

Two pathetic years in a row - but what do you expect from a Club with no clear strategy or plan, and a shithouse, lame Duck executive?
This gets boring quick, you'd be a delight at parties.

Back