Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Fail

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Really bad fail

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Last years was probably worse.

Had a ton of currency, let Port outmanoeuvre us and steal some absolute guns from right under our nose.

Two pathetic years in a row - but what do you expect from a Club with no clear strategy or plan, and a shithouse, lame Duck executive?

typical Bovo, late to the thread party. No clear strategy you say? I am not sure about that. I think there was a clear strategy to bring in some youth. But the club has not really explained the strategy and from the outside it looks awfully reactive.

so let’s assume we are rebuilding around a solid forward with Walker and Fog as our pillars, a decent mid with Crouch brothers on th inside, Gibbs/ Smith on the outside. A tight defence with Talia, Doedee and Laird. I mean for whatever reason I can’t understand that still looks pretty good. The players we need to draft will need to turn into elite link up players or possibly decent backup and future replacement players

typical Bovo, late to the thread party. No clear strategy you say? I am not sure about that. I think there was a clear strategy to bring in some youth. But the club has not really explained the strategy and from the outside it looks awfully reactive.

so let’s assume we are rebuilding around a solid forward with Walker and Fog as our pillars, a decent mid with Crouch brothers on th inside, Gibbs/ Smith on the outside. A tight defence with Talia, Doedee and Laird. I mean for whatever reason I can’t understand that still looks pretty good. The players we need to draft will need to turn into elite link up players or possibly decent backup and future replacement players
I agree with you but we’ve seen in recent years with Richmond Having essentially every player being a role player and covering for each other and supporting the process across the ground, which has tended to be the more successful and measured approach and has yielded the most results (however you cannot be predicable in this matter and allow the opposition to find out your zones or patterns and counter these. The tendancy to have key players and building a team around them is fine however their is a major kink in the armour in that method because if the key player/s in the team are shut down or have a bad game (and we’ve seen it in recent years with Sloane when they cop a tag and get shut outta the game the team severely suffers) that’s why richmonds chaos ball has worked as they push forward cover for each other and just soccer scrap whack and knock it on to each other which makes contested footy and stoppage work paramount against them. They also have a lack of height which for the life of me no one has really managed to exploit majorly yet except for Collingwood with Cox in the preliminary final last year. Anywho hope we start getting some more switched on personnel who can actually develop a game style that compliments our strengths (contested ball) and doesn’t expose your weaknesses (lack of speed)

I agree with you but we’ve seen in recent years with Richmond Having essentially every player being a role player and covering for each other and supporting the process across the ground, which has tended to be the more successful and measured approach and has yielded the most results (however you cannot be predicable in this matter and allow the opposition to find out your zones or patterns and counter these. The tendancy to have key players and building a team around them is fine however their is a major kink in the armour in that method because if the key player/s in the team are shut down or have a bad game (and we’ve seen it in recent years with Sloane when they cop a tag and get shut outta the game the team severely suffers) that’s why richmonds chaos ball has worked as they push forward cover for each other and just soccer scrap whack and knock it on to each other which makes contested footy and stoppage work paramount against them. They also have a lack of height which for the life of me no one has really managed to exploit majorly yet except for Collingwood with Cox in the preliminary final last year. Anywho hope we start getting some more switched on personnel who can actually develop a game style that compliments our strengths (contested ball) and doesn’t expose your weaknesses (lack of speed)
Richmond build around Dusty and formerly Jack R now Lynch.

Dusty and Lynch/Roewoldt have no defensive accountability at all. It works for them as they have all those role players to cover that lack of pressure.

Once they win the ball Dusty is already in an attacking mode and generally has clear air to operate. Tag him you say, he is also very strong so can push off tags and runs a lot to create this space. He is the perfect offensive mid/forward.

Richmond rise is very much correlated with Dusty getting his s**t together.

I quite like their method of play but you need a quality mind and key forward for it to work.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Richmond build around Dusty and formerly Jack R now Lynch.

Dusty and Lynch/Roewoldt have no defensive accountability at all. It works for them as they have all those role players to cover that lack of pressure.

Once they win the ball Dusty is already in an attacking mode and generally has clear air to operate. Tag him you say, he is also very strong so can push off tags and runs a lot to create this space. He is the perfect offensive mid/forward.

Richmond rise is very much correlated with Dusty getting his s**t together.

I quite like their method of play but you need a quality mind and key forward for it to work.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
You’d also be surprised about the amount of time Dusty spends in nowhere areas drawing an opponent away from play to let them go through corridor. It’s not just his attack mode that makes him so valuable.

Back